Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2012 6:39:38 PM EDT
Gotta love Kodachrome!

Link Posted: 5/10/2012 8:29:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Granted, I'm in my late 40s and my wars were both DS/DS and OIF, but those photos from WWII remind me of when America "WAS" a great country  
Link Posted: 5/10/2012 2:22:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Between the color and sharpness of the images, they almost look like staged digital prints. Oh how I do miss film sometimes...
Link Posted: 5/12/2012 6:29:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Gotta love Kodachrome!    

You give us those nice bright colors.
You give us the greens of summer.
Makes you think all the world a sunny day, oh yeah!

Cool pictures.
Link Posted: 5/13/2012 9:39:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Between the color and sharpness of the images, they almost look like staged digital prints. Oh how I do miss film sometimes...

I still use film in my Sigma SA7n and my Olympus OM10's.
Link Posted: 5/14/2012 5:44:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Those are amazing photos.  They all said they were from 4x5 Transparency.  Does that mean a large-format 4 x 5 inch NEGATIVE as the source?  That would explain the clarity and lack of notable grain.  Staged and well lit, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top