Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2011 8:41:17 AM EDT
I remember years ago Fred Meyer used to sell ammunition but discontinued it well over a decade ago. While recently walking through the Snohomish Fred Meyer sporting goods section for the first time in quite a while, I was surprised to see an aisle devoted to firearms and ammuntion. Long arms were mostly hunting rifles and shotguns, but they also had 3 display cases full of revolvers, Glocks, and Springfield XDs/XDMs. Just thought it was interesting to see one of the larger retailers in the area getting back into the gun business. Probably doesn't bode well for the new gun shop down the road, TDR Firearms, however.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#1]
The stores in the boonies probably always had guns...I think they only got rid of them in the bigger cities because of the insurance to protect against druggies or some-such stealing the guns.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:04:31 AM EDT
[#2]
They started selling them in the "Rural" stores again early last year.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:06:58 AM EDT
[#3]
I just called the Fred Meyers in Marysville.

Talked to a sales associate. She was snotty and quite anti gun.

With a snide little attitude, she informed me that the Snhomish store is selling guns and ammo.

I pointed out her sarcasm and attitude about gun sales and she said well than I should go to Snohomish.

I asked if she she was a manager and she said no.

To which I responded, "Then it won't be your decision in the Marysville store, work on your customer service skills"..click.

I doubt Freddies can touch Walmart ammo prices so it's probably a non issue anyhow.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I doubt Freddies can touch Walmart ammo prices so it's probably a non issue anyhow.

Probably true. While they looked to have a better selection of ammo than any of the typical Walmarts I have been in, I was in a hurry and did not peruse the prices too thoroughly. Can you buy a Glock at any of the local Walmarts?
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:09:41 AM EDT
[#6]
While the parent company may be anti-gun, money really talks.  If they think there is money to be made, they will get major heartburn trying to decide whether or not to compromise their "values".  We gun people often vote with our feet, by not patronizing anti-gun stores.  The more the anti-gun stores find out that they are loosing money, the more they will begin to question how realistic those "values" are.
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:10:27 AM EDT
[#7]
The say the one in Mexirow is going to get some also... Very cool indeed!

So with Epic Arms, Freddies, WAC Gun show in the new building... And Big 5s... Going to be fun :)

Just need a good yob
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:12:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Probably true. While they looked to have a better selection of ammo than any of the typical Walmarts I have been in, I was in a hurry and did not peruse the prices too thoroughly. Can you buy a Glock at any of the local Walmarts?

Heck I bought some bulk ammo on sale at Big 5 and was cheaper than WalMart...
Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:45:11 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wouldn't buy a box of BB's from our Big 5.

Their prices are outrageously high for ammo.

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 4:23:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I find that hard to believe. What was it?

Link Posted: 9/27/2011 10:46:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

American Eagle... 16.99 500 rounds... Last time I looked at WalMart the federal bulk was 17.99

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:21:17 AM EDT
[#12]
Nothing yet at the Freddys near the compound
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

American Eagle... 16.99 500 rounds... Last time I looked at WalMart the federal bulk was 17.99

umm...American Eagle is not Federal. Two different items, 2 different prices.

Just sayin'......
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:50:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'......

Come on, we all know that American Eagle IS Federal. In the bulk packs, you are getting the same thing. Been a long time since I looked, but the AE branded rimfire ammo used to have the Federal headstamp and probably still does. A better argument would be that the bulk packs of Federal at Walmart probably have 525-550 rounds vs. 500 in the AE bulk packs at Big 5, which either narrows the price per round gap or makes the Walmart price better.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:22:30 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just sayin'......

Come on, we all know that American Eagle IS Federal. In the bulk packs, you are getting the same thing. Been a long time since I looked, but the AE branded rimfire ammo used to have the Federal headstamp and probably still does. A better argument would be that the bulk packs of Federal at Walmart probably have 525-550 rounds vs. 500 in the AE bulk packs at Big 5, which either narrows the price per round gap or makes the Walmart price better.

Ok. Thanks. I'll try again.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 7:23:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on, we all know that American Eagle IS Federal. In the bulk packs, you are getting the same thing. Been a long time since I looked, but the AE branded rimfire ammo used to have the Federal headstamp and probably still does. But the bulk packs of Federal at Walmart probably have 525-550 rounds vs. 500 in the AE bulk packs at Big 5, which either narrows the price per round gap or makes the Walmart price better.

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:10:55 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Come on, we all know that American Eagle IS Federal. In the bulk packs, you are getting the same thing. Been a long time since I looked, but the AE branded rimfire ammo used to have the Federal headstamp and probably still does. But the bulk packs of Federal at Walmart probably have 525-550 rounds vs. 500 in the AE bulk packs at Big 5, which either narrows the price per round gap or makes the Walmart price better.

<<golfclap>>
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 8:29:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 9:46:56 AM EDT
[#19]
too lazy to put some pants on and take a look at my stash but I believe  the fed buk pakc is 525... and at 17.99 the cost per round is .034₵.  500 rounds of AE is .033₵ ea... If the bulk packs are 550 then each round is .032₵

This is NOT taking into account the drive to a walmart...

In my book Big5 is not a bad deal... PLUS I am not supporting a HUGE non union scab company like Walmart... Boomer shouldn't shop at walmart. Being the big time horn blowing union member...

Link Posted: 9/28/2011 11:23:46 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

too lazy to put some pants on

With comments like this, your anti union statements are gonna lose credibility.

Think first, post second.

That or do what I do, post drunk and then make excuses.
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 3:16:02 PM EDT
[#21]
Last time I bought federal bulk packs they were $12.96........ admittedly I haven't had to buy any in quite awhile though
Link Posted: 9/28/2011 6:18:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 8:21:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Saw that FM has Remington 525 round bulk packs of .22LR for $24.99 () and 50 round boxes of AE 9mm 115gr FMJ for about $16. I don't think Wally World has much to worry about.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#24]
OK can SOMEBODY price check wALmRT fed bulk pack..... If I wasn't so ;azy I would put some pants on and check myself...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:38:29 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
OK can SOMEBODY price check wALmRT fed bulk pack..... If I wasn't so ;azy I would put some pants on and check myself...

$18.97 for 550 rounds. That was about a month ago at the Everett WM.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:40:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Saw that FM has Remington 525 round bulk packs of .22LR for $24.99 () and 50 round boxes of AE 9mm 115gr FMJ for about $16. I don't think Wally World has much to worry about.

So bummer,

Are you saying buy fed bulk pack on Walmart? Because it's cheaper... You don't say.

REALLY??!?!?!?!... ANd in the spirit of union bashing I am going to say RIGHT ON... I am gald you will goto the NON UNION walmart and give them your union made dollars! This is good in my book! Fred Meyer is union labor and hence the high price.

Maybe you should have said

"Fred Meyer has fed bulk pack for 24.99. I have no problem paying Fred Meyer's price because they have union labor. I only spend my money at union shops (when possible) because I believe in the union. I would not recommend Walmart as they treat their employees unfairly and only pay a slave wage".

Just sayin'
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:41:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So the 16.99 was a good deal at Big5 then...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:44:39 AM EDT
[#28]
Pretty much a wash at basically 3.4 cents a round either way.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:48:35 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Really... Is your math as bad as my spelling?

16.99/500=.03398

18.97/525=.03613

You do the math...
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:49:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Are you saying buy fed bulk pack on Walmart? Because it's cheaper... You don't say.

REALLY??!?!?!?!... ANd in the spirit of union bashing I am going to say RIGHT ON... I am gald you will goto the NON UNION walmart and give them your union made dollars! This is good in my book! Fred Meyer is union labor and hence the high price.

I did not say anything, just made a simple comment on the difference in pricing. Sometimes they are better, sometimes they are worse.

But speaking of higher prices:

Grocery store price checks

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:51:15 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really... Is your math as bad as my spelling?

16.99/500=.03398

18.97/525=.03613

You do the math...

Quoted:

His math is apparently better than your reading and comprehension.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:56:36 AM EDT
[#32]
Wait is the fed bulk pak 550 or 525?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I did not say anything, just made a simple comment on the difference in pricing. Sometimes they are better, sometimes they are worse.

But speaking of higher prices:

Grocery store price checks

Are you a wooman? Who cares about grocery prices?

WE ARE TALKING AMMO...

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 12:11:51 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Come on, we all know that Fred meyers IS union. In non union Walmart, you are getting the same thing. Been a long time since I looked at rimfire ammo in a union store but Walmart was cheaper and probably probably still is. But the bulk packs of Federal at Walmart probably have 550 rounds vs. 500 in the union store packs, which  makes the Walmart price even better.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 1:15:42 PM EDT
[#35]
Since Big 5 was mentioned those who are signed up on their "E-Team" mailing list check your inbox. Coupon for 20% off on ammo up to 5 boxes.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:49:59 PM EDT
[#36]
Last Freddy's I saw with firearms for sale was in Juneau when I visited in '08, but I thought it was just an Alaska thing.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:41:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on, we all know that my mangina IS sandy.

Wally World probably has bulk packs of Massengill for that.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:47:42 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Come on, we all know that my mangina IS sandy.

Wally World probably has bulk packs of Massengill for that.

<Bobbitty> "Like the sand thru our manginas, so go the days of our lives" <Bobbitty>

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top