Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2011 12:32:44 AM EDT
For some BS class. 4 hour class on thur morning and I'll bee there all day Wed and not leaving until 9pm thur.

I havn't been at Lewis since I got back from Iraq in 04. Anything new in the area I need to see? Anyone want to meet up? Still looking for a hotel room nearby, lodging at Lewis already sent me a non-availability statement and I struck out at 2 hotels in Dupont. Any suggestions.

Thanks
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#1]
Lots of traffic in the morning and the evening, especially from Lacey to Lakewood, not much you can do about that (morning and evening.) Construction at main gate that impacts leaving Lewis from 4-6 (PM)ish.  As for hotels, you can check out the area at Bridgeport and Pacific in Lakewood. Or you can check out some the places off of exit 109 down in Lacey (google maps.)

There is also some construction on Lewis North near the gas station/mini-mall and the credit union as they are building a roundabout.

As for meeting up, I am sure there are plenty of folks that wouldn't mind. I don't post too often but however I would buy you a beer. I will post some more info later.

-

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 3:08:26 AM EDT
[#2]
If you have not already, you need to see the museum at Lewis. Some SWEET weaponry on display. Many old M16's  on display last time I went. Captured enemy weapons too. When I was there last they had Maneul Noreiga's personal Tec 9 SMG on display.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:37:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Check out Tactical Tailor and Surplus Ammo and Arms. That will be good for an hour or so. Right outside McChord.  Too bad that I'm in AZ this week or I'd check in with ya, always good to help a fellow Montanan

Sir James...
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 8:57:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
If you have not already, you need to see the museum at Lewis. Some SWEET weaponry on display. Many old M16's  on display last time I went. Captured enemy weapons too. When I was there last they had Maneul Noreiga's personal Tec 9 SMG on display.

Museum is closed, IIRC, for the next year. They are doing some serious updating/remodeling.

For hotels, I'd check out the ones in Lacey.
http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=ldymls&xhr=t&cp=9&wrapid=tljp1300294630984020&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=hotels+lacey+wa&fb=1&gl=us&hq=hotels&hnear=Lacey,+WA&ei=6-uATdKyIIuWsgPG4ciVBg&sa=X&oi=local_group&ct=image&resnum=1&sqi=2&ved=0CBcQtgMwAA
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:21:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Museum is closed....

You can stop by Waller Hall (reception area) and look for the SSG with a big smile......that'll be me as I final out and pick up my DD214...

You need to run up to Rainier Arms in Auburn (about a 30 min drive for you) - it's worth the trip.  I would stay in the DuPont/Lacey area....anything else and you'll hate life for the traffic.  For two days, i would just stay there.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Museum is closed....

You can stop by Waller Hall (reception area) and look for the SSG with a big smile......that'll be me as I final out and pick up my DD214...

You need to run up to Rainier Arms in Auburn (about a 30 min drive for you) - it's worth the trip.  I would stay in the DuPont/Lacey area....anything else and you'll hate life for the traffic.  For two days, i would just stay there.

Maybe you can stay with scoutfsu99 when he finds out they lost his 214.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:42:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Or you can move on post and hang out with the "Army Wives" and join in on their daily quest to create white trash drama - like our crazy little friend here.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:46:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Or you can move on post and hang out with the "Army Wives" and join in on their daily quest to create white trash drama - like our crazy little friend here.

No way, Army Times says that "Army Wives" is totally inaccurate. Some trashy Army wives wrote letters about it
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 6:51:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Lol, the same one's you now call "neighbor."  Maybe they'll share their Spice with you if you ask nicely.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:05:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Lol, the same one's you now call "neighbor."  Maybe they'll share their Spice with you if you ask nicely.

LOL. Spice is so last month, now its bath salt or something. When you're done trollin, you wanna buy a grip-pod? Ill give you a Cav discount
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:16:03 PM EDT
[#11]
On a related front....my smart phone is smarter than me
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:19:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
On a related front....my smart phone is smarter than me

You should have let IT install that UBR then.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:27:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Hahaha, if I had it then, I would have.  It certainly would've beat "the guy who's installed them a few times before" and me.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Museum is closed....

I actually schmoozed a Q out of the cute gal at the desk.

Drinking Crown Now

C'mon over

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:34:58 PM EDT
[#15]
Sorry Chief, I live in Yelm which is a little bit out of the way.  You want to see cute, go to the SRP side of Waller Hall.  That or McVeigh gym (main one across from I Corps/Waller Hall) around 0930ish (I'll be there - no formation for this guy).  I swear I saw a 17 out of 10 this morning.

Our newest living on post b/c I have no common sense, gotta-register-all-my-gunz-with-the-MP's-so-they-can-confiscate-them-later-down-the-road-WhiteGuy is closest.

ETA - Are you only here until tomorrow or through the weekend?
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:38:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
living on post b/c I have no common sense, gotta-register-all-my-gunz-with-the-MP's-so-they-can-confiscate-them-later-down-the-road-WhiteGuy.

They actually fit all of that on my little house name card out front.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:57:06 PM EDT
[#17]
I don't fly out until 9pm tomorrow. I have some 4 hr BS GPC Cardholder class to take from appx 1100-1500.

The Crown's aflowin in honor of St. Pats.
Link Posted: 3/16/2011 9:30:02 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

http://www.lewisunderground.com
Link Posted: 3/17/2011 12:02:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Still looking for a hotel room nearby, lodging at Lewis already sent me a non-availability statement and I struck out at 2 hotels in Dupont. Any suggestions.

Thanks

Go check out Evergreen Inn on McChord.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top