Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 1:27:55 PM EDT
I need a few odds and ends mainly a canteen with cup and satnd and a first aid kit. Where can a guy find a military surplus store  near the south sound ? All my known ones are closed up for good. Is the  stock at  the starlite swap meet/ drive in  any good anymore?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:41:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Tillicum
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 1:54:09 PM EDT
[#2]
92 Yankee, Mamasans is right across the street and Historical Military Sales is just north of Mamasans at 8105 Maple St.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#3]
There is 4 or 5 on railroad st / union in lakewood just north of Ft. Lewis off the Madigan gate.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:14:01 PM EDT
[#4]
That's Tillicum.....
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:06:50 AM EDT
[#5]
92 Yankee are great people, haven't had any problems with Foxhole or the guys in the same parking lot as the Barbeque Inn.  Mamasan on the otherhand, is a bit looney make sure to inspect the crap out of anything you buy from her even new stuff because no way in hell will she give you a refund, receipt or not.  If you do happen to visit her, she will probably ask you if you believe in Jesus.  I love surplus stores.
Link Posted: 1/31/2011 7:44:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

92 Yankee are great people, haven't had any problems with Foxhole or the guys in the same parking lot as the Barbeque Inn.  Mamasan on the otherhand, is a bit looney make sure to inspect the crap out of anything you buy from her even new stuff because no way in hell will she give you a refund, receipt or not.  If you do happen to visit her, she will probably ask you if you believe in Jesus.  I love surplus stores.

92 Yankee has very good stuff and a good selection, but the last time I was in there it seemed like they thought their shit was solid gold with some the prices mainly on the stuff in the glass cases in the middle by the register.

Link Posted: 2/1/2011 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

92 Yankee has very good stuff and a good selection, but the last time I was in there it seemed like they thought their shit was solid gold with some the prices mainly on the stuff in the glass cases in the middle by the register.

I agree, their prices are on the high end, I imagine though if one of the other surplus stores has the same item for a cheaper price, 92 Yankee would probably match it.  If not, it is a short walk to the other stores.
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:02:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Mamasans

Esto

ETA: I love that place, you can just SMELL the statements of charges in there...
Link Posted: 2/1/2011 9:10:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Hi HO HI HO to tillicum I go .......................
I havent been to  the star lite in a long time do they still have alot of  surplus places ?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top