Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2010 8:35:10 AM EDT
Just wondering if I can carry my can into washington on the way to Idaho? I know folks cant actually use their silencer in WA, but can a nonresident drive through with one? thanks
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 8:47:34 AM EDT
[#1]
yes your ok
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 9:07:57 AM EDT
[#2]
It's a silencer......Nobodys supposed to know you're shooting one anyway.......
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:18:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Oh no you didn't!
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#4]
Just bring a copy of your F4.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 3:28:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Honestly our silencer rule is goofy as hell. I'm pretty sure you're okay.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Has anybody actually been charged and/or convicted of using a legally registered silencer in the state in the last 20 years?
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Has anybody actually been charged and/or convicted of using a legally registered silencer in the state in the last 20 years?

I wouldn't go there if I was you.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 8:56:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been told no. Some "Guy at the range" was telling me about some guys in spokane actually TRYING to get arrested using silencers (in front of cops at the range I guess) so they could challenge the whacky law.
Not something I'd personally try, and this was of course  "Guy at the range" 18th hand info.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:41:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh shit, I knew it was gonna be asked.  The one time I asked that I got crucified on here. Nice knowing you sir.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Oh shit, I knew it was gonna be asked. The one time I asked that I got crucified on here. Nice knowing you sir.

Oh, COME ON! Lets be fair.  You've been crucified more than just that one time...  
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 9:49:29 AM EDT
[#11]
I never said that was the only time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 3:44:32 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it really sucks when the state government agencies like SWAT, Fish & Wildlife etc can use or do something like silencers, but the public that pays for their existance cant use the same.  I grew up in a similar state, Minnesota,  which citizens cant have silencers but the DNR and police can So I left MN behind and then later left Washington behind after my Fort Lewis service and headed south to a nutfarm of a state called Oregon, but at least I can have my toys and hunt with them too.  Good thing though at least WA lets you buy silencers, unlike MN.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:55:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I think it really sucks when the state government agencies like SWAT, Fish & Wildlife etc can use or do something like silencers, but the public that pays for their existance cant use the same.  I grew up in a similar state, Minnesota,  which citizens cant have silencers but the DNR and police can So I left MN behind and then later left Washington behind after my Fort Lewis service and headed south to a nutfarm of a state called Oregon, but at least I can have my toys and hunt with them too.  Good thing though at least WA lets you buy silencers, unlike MN.

No LEO exemption in Washington.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top