Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/7/2010 11:11:13 AM EDT
today was one of the few times I saw the WSP enforcing the carpool lane on ramps. Motorcycle cop pulled over a bunch of folks this morning on the ramp from 167 to 405.

so whats the fine?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:14:54 AM EDT
[#1]
$124

Linky Thing

ETA:  You HAVE to love these fruitcakes....
From the same page linked above:
Why do we have freeway HOV lanes?
HOV lanes increase freeway efficiency by moving more people in fewer vehicles than the full lane next to them.  They save time for bus riders and carpoolers by enabling them to bypass areas of congestion. They enable commuters to get to work more quickly and provide an incentive to take the bus, carpool, or vanpool anytime during the day. They help buses stay on schedule and provide access for emergency vehicles when needed.  

HOV lanes add fewer car trips and greenhouse gas emissions than new general purpose lanes, helping to lessen the area’s contribution to global warming.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:29:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Average world temps down 5 years running. Can we just admit that global warning is fakery?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:31:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Average world temps down 5 years running. Can we just admit that global warning is fakery?

Revenue generation is not fakery.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 1:06:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$124

Linky Thing

ETA:  You HAVE to love these fruitcakes....
From the same page linked above:
Why do we have freeway HOV lanes?
HOV lanes increase freeway efficiency by moving more people in fewer vehicles than the full lane next to them.  They save time for bus riders and carpoolers by enabling them to bypass areas of congestion. They enable commuters to get to work more quickly and provide an incentive to take the bus, carpool, or vanpool anytime during the day. They help buses stay on schedule and provide access for emergency vehicles when needed.  

HOV lanes add fewer car trips and greenhouse gas emissions than new general purpose lanes, helping to lessen the area’s contribution to global warming.

My co2 sensor thinks there is too much co2 and methane coming from Olympia.

There I go being PC again.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:09:59 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
today was one of the few times I saw the WSP enforcing the carpool lane on ramps. Motorcycle cop pulled over a bunch of folks this morning on the ramp from 167 to 405.

I've seen it a lot up on the north side of Seattle.. Exit 186 (128th ST is S.Everett) used to see them (plural) all the time, only ocasionally now. When I would drive on 405 I used to always see them on one of the bothell on-ramps, again, never just one, normally 2, one standing half way up the ramp gesturing folks to pull over, another crusier/cycle at bottom writing the tickets.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

You know Al Gore invented the internet just before he invented global warming.. watch your cornhole.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top