Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/5/2010 6:46:45 AM EDT
Reading this thread:

http://www.jobrelatedstuff.com/core/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1086971

And the emotions of that day came flooding back.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It's normal, with all traumas. At first, it's overwhelming, then we settle down to deal with the details––what it "means", how it affects "us", what do I have to do differently, etc––then we clamp down on the emotions in an effort to just get on with life/living.

Over time, the emotions aren't as powerful...but they are still, and always will be, there. A thought, a sight, a smell...a random event (like a low-fllying plane) can trigger memories.

Ask any Pearl Harbor survivor. They remember.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:52:09 AM EDT
[#2]
I watched some of the videos on the history channel web site and wow, if was tough to watch.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 7:55:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Yes. You have lots of company.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:44:59 AM EDT
[#4]
It's natural for an image to bring the memories and emotions flooding back.

What is unnatural is how people become so numb and do not have an emotional response when seeing those images.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 8:52:25 AM EDT
[#5]
thread deleted? 11SEP stuff?

Doesn't make me sad, makes me angry, but that's a secondary emotion so I figure sadness or fear is at the base of it as with most of my anger.
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:51:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
thread deleted?

that's what I got.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 12:56:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

thread deleted? 11SEP stuff?

Doesn't make me sad, makes me angry, but that's a secondary emotion so I figure sadness or fear is at the base of it as with most of my anger.
It is a 9/11 thread from the perspective of a UK resident that was in the UK at the time.

I can read it fine......

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:02:56 PM EDT
[#8]
keeps redirected to the index page for me

fuck, that's an ARF mirror, gotta sign in.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:03:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I can read it fine......

eta: I had to log in, though.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Sorry, the computer I'm currently using will only allow me to view arfcom through JRS, something about ar15.com being related to "firearms and bombs"

This site is about guns?  I thoght it was for Monday morning quater backs and armchair commandos.

eta - no duct tape or zip ties were used in the making of this post.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 1:31:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

This site is about guns?  I thoght it was for Monday morning quater backs and armchair commandos police commissioners.

eta - no duct tape or zip ties were used in the making of this post.

fixt... by tasing.

Link Posted: 9/5/2010 5:35:34 PM EDT
[#13]
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1068404

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=1068813
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top