Posted: 9/3/2010 3:16:07 PM EDT
Snohomish county, lk Stevens , no smoking, benefits, health
Immediate openings
Link Posted: 9/3/2010 4:18:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Pirates?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:07:58 AM EDT
[#2]
We need  a programmer and three machinists in Lake Stevens, hiring right now. Nights and day positions available..... PM me if interested.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:14:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Vampires?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Incoming.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 12:21:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Homos?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:23:42 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

no smoking,

Can you tell us why?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:30:10 PM EDT
[#7]
It's bad Mmmkay.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:33:35 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no smoking,

Can you tell us why?

Cause smokers take more breaks?

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 5:35:07 PM EDT
[#9]
He hates smokers.

Jeeez Matt. Get with the times.

Smokers are the cause of all America's problems.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:19:05 PM EDT
[#10]
Perhaps specificity is in order,  CNC MILL and LATHE programmer immediate need, SOLID WORKS and MASTERCAM proficiency is required for the programmer, also a machinist with set -up experience, can fill out work order paperwork completely, capable of independent FAI's and complete prototype machining from start to finish. Both of these positions pay $$ 15-40.00 per hour straight time DOE. No felons since we  are an FFL Manufacturer, no smokers, can-do attitudes only.

just trying to help my WA arfcom brothers and sisters.....

oh!  and no Pirates!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:25:34 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He hates smokers.

Jeeez Matt. Get with the times.

Must be so.

Judo...?
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:31:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no smoking,

Can you tell us why?

We're a dying breed...

I'll be here all week.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He hates smokers....

Must be so.

Judo...?

Judo no essay!
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:09:36 PM EDT
[#14]
I don't want to debate smoking,...
Since I was playing cards  with a dear friend in august of last year and he passed away of esophageal cancer on 24 December  due to smoking. His life changed in a new york minute, from a tough guy in our group to a diseased sickend carcus dying right before our eyes in 4 months, he was a loving father of a young girl, Larry was only 42.     FUCK SMOKING !        Now if you know someone who needs a good a job making gun parts......
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:32:22 PM EDT
[#15]
So you don't want to hire someone who smokes because you feel that their decision to smoke is a bad one? There is no business reason, you just think it's a bad idea and so you wouldn't hire someone even if they qualify in every other way?  I just want to make sure I've got this right.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:34:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Just don't smoke at work. drrr.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:52:25 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

I don't want to debate smoking,...

Since I was playing cards with a dear friend in august of last year and he passed away of esophageal cancer on 24 December due to smoking. His life changed in a new york minute, from a tough guy in our group to a diseased sickend carcus dying right before our eyes in 4 months, he was a loving father of a young girl, Larry was only 42. FUCK SMOKING ! Now if you know someone who needs a good a job making gun parts......

Interesting...

You should know that no altruistic idea goes unpunished here in the WAHTF. You oughtta be prepared to debate everything, and have your every decision questioned. Relentlessly.

Are you hiring new family members and close lifelong friends, or are you looking for talented employees?

Did you fire any of the existing employees that smoke?

Will you conduct nicotine testing? Random Urinalysis? Finger swabs?

Are snuff chewers and dippers eligible? How about the occasional cigar smokers?

How about drinkers? I hear alcohol can kill as well.....same could go for eating fast food everyday, a 5 times a day caffine habit or energy drink junkies.
It's one thing to hold a personal opinion, another to follow the tangent you're on. Life's full of decisions, it's really not up to you to dictate them any more or less than the Government.

Shit. I lost the argument at the end, didn't I? And, no, I don't know any CAD experiances guys out of work.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
So you don't want to hire someone who smokes because you feel that their decision to smoke is a bad one? There is no business reason, you just think it's a bad idea and so you wouldn't hire someone even if they qualify in every other way?  I just want to make sure I've got this right.

You didn't read the qualifications....if you smoke, you're not qualified at our company...it's not a problem for us to find people without a time consuming addiction that directly leads to sickness if used properly.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 7:57:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

His business, he can hire who he wants. It is a very sound business decision to not hire smokers. It is a fact that smokers are sick more often than non smokers, the stats bear out that a smoking employee is more costly to an employer than a non. Now you might be the exception to the rule but that doesn't change the rule.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:26:03 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
His business, he can hire who he wants

this.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Jeez guys––-he posted real job openings with specifics. He is doing us a big favor.

Cut him some slack and stop screwing with him.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:52:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Jeez guys––-he posted real job openings with specifics. He is doing us a big favor.

Cut him some slack and stop screwing with him.

It's a big favor IF you're a non-smoking CAD programmer or machinist living in or willing to relocate to the SnoHo area.

I ain't.....Sooooo, as for me, well.....

I kinda feel that one should know that no altruistic idea goes unpunished here in the WAHTF. One oughtta be prepared to debate everything, and have your every decision questioned. Relentlessly.

Link Posted: 9/7/2010 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
His business, he can hire who he wants. It is a very sound business decision to not hire smokers. It is a fact that smokers are sick more often than non smokers, the stats bear out that a smoking employee is more costly to an employer than a non. Now you might be the exception to the rule but that doesn't change the rule.

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I just think it's a strange reason.

I know someone who died in a car wreck, and I'm not hiring anyone who drives.  Guess it just struck me as odd.
Link Posted: 9/7/2010 11:32:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying I don't agree with you, I just think it's a strange reason.

I know someone who died in a car wreck, and I'm not hiring anyone who drives.  Guess it just struck me as odd.

It's becoming more common.  No health insurance for smokers either at a large amount of companies I'm hearing as well.  As we all know, we are not capable of making our own decisions.  But hey, it's their business. They're free to make that decision and I'm free to not work there.  God bless America.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 4:28:43 AM EDT
[#25]
So it sounds like (for some people) the choice is stay home unemployed and keep spending money on smokes even with no money coming in OR quit smoking, lower expenses, gain an income, and occasionally finger guns at work. Damn, that's a hard one....

But to those who don't smoke, or have a different skill set, are already employed, or already get unemployment and don't have to quit smoking to get an income...I guess they don't have a reason for it to matter what judochops company rules are. Oh, unless you have an axe to grind...

...do you?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:34:12 AM EDT
[#26]
Page 2 of a smoking hot thread.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:36:03 AM EDT
[#27]
His company, his right.

It's no more than an interesting discussion topic beyond that. Injecting "what about if an employee wants to do _______ " has no bearing on his choice as it isn't about that activity it's about smoking. But again, makes for interesting discussion.

So, that being said:

What if an diabetic employee wants to have unprotected homosexual sex and share insulin needles while skydiving without a helmet....nude?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:43:56 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
What if an diabetic employee wants to have unprotected homosexual sex and share insulin needles while skydiving without a helmet....nude?

DISCOUNT!

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 5:44:02 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

So it sounds like (for some people) the choice is stay home unemployed and keep spending money on smokes even with no money coming in OR quit smoking, lower expenses, gain an income, and occasionally finger guns at work. Damn, that's a hard one....
But to those who don't smoke, or have a different skill set, are already employed, or already get unemployment and don't have to quit smoking to get an income...I guess they don't have a reason for it to matter what judochops company rules are. Oh, unless you have an axe to grind...

...do you?

Don't think you were talking to me, Squirrel.. but: I'm speaking from the mindset of someone who:  a) doesn't smoke; b) has a different skill set and; c) is already employed.

I support his freedom to make that call with who he hires.  Personally, if I were in the position to take said job and the only thing keeping me from getting a stable source of income for my family was to quit smoking.  I would be blowing people for Nicorette.

IB4SUTAAS

In before someone uses that as a signature

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:20:06 PM EDT
[#30]
programmer found and hired! Thank you AR15.com!!!!! We need two night shift operators for CNC milling and Lathe NOW!!!!! who wants a job building gun parts?????
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#31]
I have no experience plus I'm a smoker.

Not in!

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:46:52 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I have no experience plus I'm a smoker.

Not in!

YES!
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 1:57:04 PM EDT
[#33]
I'm not a smoker, but I was thinking of starting.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:05:03 PM EDT
[#34]
I would thoroughly enjoy that job, so thanks for offering, but I am gainfully employed.  I think it is nice that you are putting this job offering out here at the WAHTF.  There are a number of guys here who appreciate the offer.

I am pretty good with a Dremel, so I'll keep you in mind if this banking thing goes to hell.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:11:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Wish I knew how to be a machinist , Im just a lowly hydraulic technician

Is being really good looking make up for lack of experience?

Link Posted: 9/9/2010 2:16:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Wish I knew how to be a machinist , Im just a lowly hydraulic technician

Is being really good looking make up for lack of experience?

In your case, no.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top