Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/17/2010 10:17:05 PM EDT
Recently, a fellow Marine that I have served with was diagnosed with terminal (stage-4) brain cancer. The seizures have left him unable to work or support his wife, child, and unborn child.  He has been given 5 months to live and is has changed his diet and moved in with family in order to best attack this cancer. However, even his best case scenario is bleak – with him barely making it to the birth of his currently unborn child.  

Being that he is a Marine – and we do not leave fallen comrades behind, our platoon (and close friends) have established a trust for him and his family and created a website to fund it.
At  http://www.jakesfund.com/ you can read about Jake’s story, get updated on the progress of his disease and/or treatment, follow the accomplishments of our fundraising, add personal pictures and/or stories, and perhaps donate a couple dollars to help out in Jake’s (and his families) struggle.  In addition you can link this page to your Facebook and Twitter accts to let your friends and family know as well.  

We realize everyone has their own personal struggles in times like these; this is why we only ask that you visit  http://www.jakesfund.com/ and donate $1-$5 if you are able, and spread the word if you are not.  

Suggestions for fundraising, advertising, and generally doing this better are both solicited and appreciated.

Thank You for your Time,

Semper Fi!    

I ask that you please say classy as this is a serious subject. Also here is the local news coverage http://www.king5.com/news/Marine-Given-6-Months-to-Live-91282674.html
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:33:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Donation inbound.

I will keep him and his family in my thoughts.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:36:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 5:26:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Emailed my unit to see if they can pass the hat with alink to the site.......
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:15:23 AM EDT
[#5]
His fate is now in God's hands, but we can help comfort his family. When a group of WAHTF members met at Forza last fall, I challenged everyone to match my contribution. Once again, the gauntlet is thrown. It's the least we can do to support someone who has offered his life for our freedoms.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 6:52:17 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Emailed my unit to see if they can pass the hat with alink to the site.......

Passed this on to mine as well

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 7:28:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry to hear about his problems. But seriously, if he wants to have a real chance at survival he needs to pull his head out of his ass and get proper treatment.

Jacob has decided that instead of chemotherapy, he's treating his cancer through a strict raw, organic diet.

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:14:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Sorry to hear about his problems. But seriously, if he wants to have a real chance at survival he needs to pull his head out of his ass and get proper treatment.

Jacob has decided that instead of chemotherapy, he's treating his cancer through a strict raw, organic diet.

I agree, but I think he knows his fate and is just trying to hang on long enough to see his baby.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

You know, I am all for western meds. Normally I am a big supporter......BUT...

I watched my Aunt die a horrible death with the best western meds from brain cancer, and i know a girl who beat it all through moonbat meds

If this is his choice, I wish him luck and hope he sees his kid. Hell maybe Crystal can help him out a little....

Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:59:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Ive seen both ways fail, there's no easy answers when you're that sick.
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:28:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
His fate is now in God's hands, but we can help comfort his family. When a group of WAHTF members met at Forza last fall, I challenged everyone to match my contribution. Once again, the gauntlet is thrown. It's the least we can do to support someone who has offered his life for our freedoms.

IM details of the challenge...
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:02:59 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Donation inbound.

I will keep him and his family in my thoughts.

this.

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:53:42 AM EDT
[#14]
He is in my prayers.

Stage 4 and terminal it makes no difference what treatment he chooses.
The outcome will be the same, fortunately.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 1:33:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, I am all for western meds. Normally I am a big supporter......BUT...

I watched my Aunt die a horrible death with the best western meds from brain cancer, and i know a girl who beat it all through moonbat meds

If this is his choice, I wish him luck and hope he sees his kid. Hell maybe Crystal can help him out a little....

Correlation is not causation. The raw, organic diet does not cure cancer. Period. Sometimes you just get lucky and your body beats it on its own.

Nonetheless, I'm glad your friend made it, and my thoughts are with this gentleman.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 6:59:43 PM EDT
[#16]
Donated and posted to facebook
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:51:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Thanks for all the support everyone.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 6:51:32 PM EDT
[#18]
$$ Sent and bump
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:59:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Nice to see ya around!

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 11:23:56 PM EDT
[#20]
Prayers sent, and will send some $$ in a few days..

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top