Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/16/2010 10:12:42 PM EDT
I didn't want to hijack the roll call thread, so figured I'd start a thread for discussion of various issues that may surround the current LCR.

I've heard that the chain saw will be coming again.....is this still the case & should I bring a logging chain to prevent breakage of nylon straps?

is there any kind of organization taking place for saturday dinner, or is everyone on their own as far as food

look for some .38 spl +P, .357, 30-06 & some reloaded .223 in the pif box..not sure about the reloaded 223, there's some load data in the box, but no mention whatsoever of the grains of powder used...a pretty important item to fortget, doncha think?...call me a pussy, I don't want to shoot 'em...don't know who loaded them & value my life too much
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:53:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Discuss...

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:00:27 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:17:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't want to hijack the roll call thread, so figured I'd start a thread for discussion of various issues that may surround the current LCR.

I've heard that the chain saw will be coming again.....is this still the case & should I bring a logging chain to prevent breaka
ge of nylon straps?

is there any kind of organization taking place for saturday dinner, or is everyone on their own as far as food

look for some .38 spl +P, .357, 30-06 & some reloaded .223 in the pif box..not sure about the reloaded 223, there's some load data in the box, but no mention whatsoever of the grains of powder used...a pretty important item to fortget, doncha think?...call me a pussy, I don't want to shoot 'em...don't know who loaded them & value my life too much

I'm bringing the chainsaw again ADW , 20' of tow chain, and even will have the sharpener this time  

Will also bring the axes/wedge, it was fun watching some of these guys chop wood!
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:40:59 AM EDT
[#4]
I will be there participating in watching the wood cutting event.

5jeffro7, please don't put questionable reloads in the PIF box.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:51:13 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I will be there participating in watching the wood cutting event.

5jeffro7, please don't put questionable reloads in the PIF box.

might not be dangerous for you since you aren't going to shoot them but some one else might have some misfortune.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:27:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

But not other people's  You've seen how chaotic it can get at times. How easy would it be to get loose ammo mixed in with other stuff? How quick can you get someone to a hospital after a double charge or the round after a squib blows a barrel?

jeffro, you really don't think things out much  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate all the concern about teh reloads, and by no means was I suggesting that anyone else shoot them...I thought that perhaps someone may want to make use of them for the bullets & cases...I no longer reload & have got rid of all my stuff, so I really have no way of pulling the bullets short of using pliers & that's jsut an easy way to mar the components.....was thinking more along the lines of components rather than loaded rounds

sorry for the mis-conception...there's not really anyone here that I'd wish a misfortunate accident on
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#8]
heh...I'd take them...just for components..
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 4:03:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Will also bring the axes/wedge, it was fun watching some of these guys chop wood!

Almost as fun as watching a new guy try and explain he wants to bring a splitting maul.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
you guys plan on pounding lotsa wood?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 10:42:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Almost as fun as watching a new guy try and explain he wants to bring a splitting maul.

Wait...  was that me?
Link Posted: 4/18/2010 11:17:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Wait...  was that me?

Almost as fun as watching a new guy try and figure out if that "was me?".

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:16:15 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Even a new guy knows wood burns better if' it's split first.
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:01:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Anyone up for a NOT-SO-MAD-MINUTE?

Rimfire only

Start at 22 after the hour
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

........ should I bring a logging chain to prevent breakage of nylon straps?

Whats wrong with the nylon straps
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 7:26:15 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Anyone up for a NOT-SO-MAD-MINUTE?

Rimfire only

Start at 22 after the hour

What would this entail?
Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:18:29 PM EDT
[#17]
It's like a MAD MINUTE...just with less madness.

Not quite the same caliber as a real MAD MINUTE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_Am6_cq9MY

Link Posted: 4/19/2010 10:29:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 5:52:45 AM EDT
[#19]
For some reason that term always makes me think of a rattle battle match with swing shooters and all that.

I guess I could be down for that, but only have 4 working mags right now for my 22 so it might be more like a mad 15 seconds for me.
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
For some reason that term always makes me think of a rattle battle match with swing shooters and all that.

I guess I could be down for that, but only have 4 working mags right now for my 22 so it might be more like a mad 15 seconds for me.

you going to LCR?
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 8:30:56 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
you going to LCR?

Your deductive reasoning is lacking these days.

Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:03:45 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Your deductive reasoning is lacking these days.

among other things
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 10:24:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

you going to LCR?

Maybe...(for a few hours anyway)    It is still in the same pit, right?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top