42.76%
Hutchison

Seattle mayors race to close to call.
Eyeman..out
Gay rights....In

Spokane prop 4 rejected.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:57:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I vote we donate Seattle to a Nigerian charity.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I vote we donate Seattle to a Nigerian charity.

They would probably be insulted and give it back.

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:01:21 PM EDT
[#3]
No, they'd send out 6 million emails, trying to SELL it back.
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 8:02:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Spokanites, Prop 4 dead!  Should have been by 90% but I'll take 75%
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
watching q13 @ 10, talking t Mike McGinn, and I swear they said something like "we have a list of people who haven't cast their ballots, and will be calling them all night"

what!?  where would you get something like that?  my wife even looked at me and said, "That's kinda creepy..."
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:23:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I thought the voting ended a few hours ago. They gonna add more till they get the results they want? WTF?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:41:55 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

watching q13 @ 10, talking t Mike McGinn, and I swear they said something like "we have a list of people who haven't cast their ballots, and will be calling them all night"

what!?  where would you get something like that?  my wife even looked at me and said, "That's kinda creepy..."

From my experience working the 2004 election for W Bush:

You get it by going door to door during the campaign, finding your supporters...

Then you have poll watchers cross off the supporters as they come in to vote, and pass the 'lazy bum' list (committed supporters who no-show) up to HQ so they can call them...

Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Wiki shows the greenie-weenie won the mayoral race....

Guess it's business as usual, Nickels 2.0 & cars crashing all over Seattle if it snows, for lack of salt...
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 9:58:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:25:25 PM EDT
[#10]

I thought they only counted like 50% of the vote.

Did they call the gay rights referendum already passed?
Link Posted: 11/3/2009 10:49:04 PM EDT
[#11]
That's great news that Spokane prop 4 is dead, by a big margin.  That was some seriously scary Marxist shit.  Spokane was to be the test case.

As for the statewide results, can't say that I'm terribly happy.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:46:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That's great news that Spokane prop 4 is dead, by a big margin.  That was some seriously scary Marxist shit.  Spokane was to be the test case.

This. +1,000.

My girlfriend was rather disgusted with  Spokane and the entire states voting percentages on 71. Thinking about the percentage of Dems on the West side of this state I was amazed it was as close as it turned out to be.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:59:57 AM EDT
[#13]
looks like I pretty much wasted a stamp
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:15:08 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

As for the statewide results, can't say that I'm terribly happy.

Really glad this fucking died...
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I can't believe the libtards voted in chairman dow.

Wait, i take that back.  
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Clark County..

Tim Leavitt is now mayor of Vancouver.. a good change IMHO. Washougal also saw a Guard come back to power.. this time Sean Guard for Mayor.. another good change. Stacee Sellers screwed way to many things and burned way to many bridges. She lost even before the state auditors report came out.

I-1033 would've passed here.. and R-71 would've failed.

David Taylor took over Dan Newhouses spot.. John Gotts was a joke of a campaign to begin with. I know nothing of Mr Taylor, but look forward to corresponding with him over the next legislative session
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 10:00:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
State I-1033 (eyeman)
43.94%
Approved
56.06%
Rejected

State Ref. 71 (Gay Rights)
51.82%
Approved
48.18%
Rejected

Seattle Mayor
50.03%
McGinn
48.96%
Mallahan

King County Executive
57.01%
Constantine
42.76%
Hutchison

Seattle mayors race to close to call.
Eyeman..out
Gay rights....In

Spokane prop 4 rejected.

1033 - Figures it wouldn't pass.  People here just love getting taxed.  I wasn't here for it, but it's going to be really interesting to see "Would the last one to leave Seattle please turn out the lights"-2.0.  You'd think people would get a clue after the Boeing SC plant got the Dreamliner contract, but no.

Ref. 71 - I was OK w/ it.  Gov't should stay out of the lives of consenting adults.

Seattle mayoral race - Seattle is FUBAR'ed no matter what decision they make, since it's always the wrong one.  They upgraded from Nickels 1.0 to ver. 2.0

King Co. executive - Though I don't reside in King Co., I liked Hutchison just because she wasn't against the ridiculous mass transit schemes.  Looks like another big plan dreamer will ensure that the county keeps pissing tax $$$ away on stuff that sounds nice on paper.  At least it's not my tax $$$.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:13:01 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

From my experience working the 2004 election for W Bush:

You get it by going door to door during the campaign, finding your supporters...

Then you have poll watchers cross off the supporters as they come in to vote, and pass the 'lazy bum' list (committed supporters who no-show) up to HQ so they can call them...

Damn hard to do that on an all mail in and drop off election.

After McGinn spoke to his supporters, an unusual campaign tactic emerged. His campaign handed out pre-paid cellphones and lists of undecided voters to at least 20 volunteers, with instructions to call the voters to see if they had not yet voted.

If the voters had not yet cast ballots, they were asked to drop their ballots off at five QFC stores around Seattle where McGinn volunteers would be stationed. The McGinn volunteers would then take the ballots to a Sea-Tac post office that stays open until 11:45 p.m. — allowing the ballots to still be postmarked today.

Lists of undecided voters come from canvassing.  They are also calling known supporters to make sure they voted.

The winner of the Seattle Mayors race isn't even close to being known.  

85,000 Ballots Counted 210,000 are expected. Douchebags lead is only 910 votes.
Isn't King Co the last place with in-person voting?

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#19]
King county is all mail in Dave.
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 3:34:02 PM EDT
[#20]
I should run for King County Exec as a full-fledged Marxist.

When I win with 75%+, then it'll be go-time!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top