Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Posted: 9/15/2009 7:49:39 AM EDT
Why can't 2 grown men have a reasonable discourse without resorting to petty name calling and personal attacks to get your point across?

I personally don't give a shit why these 2 had such a hatred for one another. This is NOT the forum for personally attacking or threatening each other. We are on the same side for christs sake, you two need to have a damn beer and act like men and do some conflict resolution.

Quoted:getnlwr & grumpym4 accounts locked :: ignored previous warnings regarding personal attacks / ongoing fued in WAHTF

Yes I realize they can't respond but they can read this and maybe it will sink in a little bit. Grumpy is a good friend of mine and I don't know Getnlwr other than from his posts here but seriously people. This is middle school shit and you know it.

I don't know how you manage to get more antagonistic than 161 and Strat or Matt45 and Boomer but you did it.

Kinda reminds me of the scene in 13th Warrior where they pick a fight with the biggest guy there and kill him to prove a point. As Bulvai said "We will miss his sword tonight". Well fellas, I will miss you on the WAHTF.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:57:18 AM EDT
[#1]
It was bound to happen...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:02:23 AM EDT
[#2]

This Internet stuff is serious business.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:20:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Sad but I can't say Im suprised.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:22:19 AM EDT
[#4]
You know I'm disappointed they didn't let that thread run it's course... it would have been EPIC... I mean Nuke it from orbit it's the only way to be sure Epic...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:25:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:27:47 AM EDT
[#6]
I have never opened that thread because I have seen these things before. I can't believe It lasted this long. Now I'm going to have to look at the last page or two.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:37:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys can only shit in the sandbox so many times before the owner of the sandbox decides he doesn't want their shit in there any more. It's not like the warnings weren't made right?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#8]
I told them I wasn't going to clean up the mess.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:43:20 AM EDT
[#9]
So is it a perma lock or a time lock?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:43:22 AM EDT
[#10]
I just read the last 2 pages. This damn internet. Personally I don't like to type that much.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:43:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys can only shit in the sandbox so many times before the owner of the sandbox decides he doesn't want their shit in there any more. It's not like the warnings weren't made right?

Good math.

And, most account locks aren't permanent, unless an agreement and some trust can't be established between said member and said staff. All depends on reason and accountability, just like life in general.

Well it was 82ndabn
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:47:27 AM EDT
[#13]
tap one too many
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:58:29 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You know I'm disappointed they didn't let that thread run it's course... it would have been EPIC... I mean Nuke it from orbit it's the only way to be sure Epic...

That thread lasted way longer than it should have. If I want to see a epic thread I will go over to GD. I for one am glad it's gone.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:58:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 8:59:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Why can't 2 grown men...

You answered yourself.
There aren't!

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:15:32 AM EDT
[#17]
Well hope it is just an account lock.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#18]
82nd is watching the WAHTF ?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#19]
They'll be back.

Unless Grumpy does some heavy sea-lawyering and/or the kid threatens a strike.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:24:11 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That thread lasted way longer than it should have. If I want to see a epic thread I will go over to GD. I for one am glad it's gone.

I'm talking about the Pit thread... not the one in this forum...  it would have been epic...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:24:24 AM EDT
[#21]
from what i read in the  thread getnlwr  took it too the pit wasnt that the right thing too do ? the  thread in the pit was locked as well im lost . lock away the wahtf thread block the accounts when it went too the pit makes no sense ?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:33:16 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

He told me there was some troublemaker in GD the other night referencing how he never gets in trouble here.  Thanks for inviting big brother over.

Domestic means Domestic.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:33:38 AM EDT
[#23]
The pit thread was a little over the top...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:35:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
They'll be back After they kiss and make up.

Unless Grumpy does some heavy sea-lawyering and/or the kid threatens a strike.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#25]
<whisper> 'Two men enter.......one man leaves' </whisper>

It's times like these that a good 'ol wrestling mat and some courage would lay this to rest.

....that's where some friendships begin, humility is good for us all.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:51:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

He told me there was some troublemaker in GD the other night referencing how he never gets in trouble here.  Thanks for inviting big brother over.

That's total bull shit. I have been in trouble here.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:52:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Hasn't been a epic thread in the pit since Buncha # got Friskeyferret, or CavVet owned that dude (forgot his name been about 3 years. Wizard something)
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:53:00 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
<whisper> 'Two men enter.......one man leaves' </whisper>

Yeah but this time no one leaves.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:53:28 AM EDT
[#29]
We actually had a couple pair of old 16oz boxing gloves in the neighborhood I grew up in.  When someone got on anothers nerves and it reached the breaking point, everyone got together and the 2 put the gloves on and resolved it.  With 16oz gloves, teenagers couldn't do much other than give the occasional bloody nose.  Once it was over, it was over and they shook hands.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 9:57:18 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
We actually had a couple pair of old 16oz boxing gloves in the neighborhood I grew up in.  When someone got on anothers nerves and it reached the breaking point, everyone got together and the 2 put the gloves on and resolved it.  With 16oz gloves, teenagers couldn't do much other than give the occasional bloody nose.  Once it was over, it was over and they shook hands.

Yeah but in that scenario the tougher guy always wins the argument. Not like the internet where you get to flex your mental muscle and annilihate your opponent with sheer wit and genius.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:00:31 AM EDT
[#31]
Awh crap, I'll never win an argument according to dobie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#32]

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:08:00 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

This right here!!

There's too many keyboard commandos here and I don't mean to stir the shit, but don't act tough if you aren't!
Having a gun doesn't make you tough nor does it give you the right to spew like a fucking seasoned brawler.

If you can't back your mouth up, then shut it before someone else does for you.

So, in conclusion:

Don't let your mouth overload your ass because it'll eventually get you hurt.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:29:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:32:31 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here!!

There's too many keyboard commandos here and I don't mean to stir the shit, but don't act tough if you aren't!
Having a gun doesn't make you tough nor does it give you the right to spew like a fucking seasoned brawler.

So, in conclusion:

we know you like it when two guys put on banana hammocks and roll around in chocolate puddin' until one is  victorious, but i really don't want to see it...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:43:38 AM EDT
[#36]
It's not surprising.  GrumpyM4 was on borrowed time already.  He alone allowed getnlwr to get under his skin.  He alone is responsible for this outcome.

I've found the ignore list to be very soothing on my blood pressure.  Perhaps if he returns, he should try it as well.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:51:54 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I think the pit thread was what got it on to 82nds radar.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:52:09 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
It's not surprising.  GrumpyM4 was on borrowed time already.  He alone allowed getnlwr to get under his skin.  He alone is responsible for this outcome.

I've found the ignore list to be very soothing on my blood pressure.  Perhaps if he returns, he should try it as well.

So who is the victim?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:52:21 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

i'm still pissing you off?

:)

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:52:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the pit thread was what got it on to 82nds radar.

this

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:56:53 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

This right here!!

So, in conclusion:

we know you like it when two guys put on banana hammocks and roll around in chocolate puddin' until one is  victorious, but i really don't want to see it...

....sounds more like an offer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:00:53 AM EDT
[#42]
creeper as a handle is very fitting in your case... :)

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:03:01 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

creeper as a handle is very fitting in your case... :)

Thats the second time I've read someone say something like that this week...
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:14:34 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So who is the victim?

He posts pretty rarely in here anymore.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:14:35 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

So who is the victim?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:19:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
So who is the victim?

Quoted:
Quoted:
So who is the victim?

So...not you?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:19:35 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who is the victim?

Quoted:

Quoted:

So who is the victim?

Overquoting™

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:23:52 AM EDT
[#48]
Obi-wan - you are getting slow in your old age.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:33:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

I can remember a time when you and Grumpy had a pretty good disagreement going and the two of you had no problem settling your differences.  Sometimes there is just too much hate between parties where it will be impossible to ever find their way back from the brink.  

6.) Attacking or insulting a person in an effort to elicit a
negative response. You have a right to disagree, but please do so in a
respectful manner.

Sometimes we need to be reminded that we are visiting a friends house and they get pretty upset when we drop a deuce on the living room floor.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:41:53 AM EDT
[#50]
I won't mind if somebody dropped a deuce Off at my place

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top