Posted: 9/13/2009 9:31:26 AM EDT
getting signed in for the event …

gwitness and guest …

display racks under the big-top …

getting ready for the group tours …

the Man …

the Crew preparing our barbeque meal …

f8talh8red and guest …

folks getting anxious to do some shooting …

Rifles and Pistols being readied on the firing line …

getting a bite to eat before the door prize drawings …

the door prize goodies …

calling out winning numbers …

everyone checking their tickets …

range time fun …

guest entering the range …

RSO loading magazines …

guest having some fun …

Lane #1 ‘The WSSM/OSSM line Crew’ …

making sure that everything is running properly …

some downtime and still loading magazines …

checkout that massive scope on the K8 …

the WSSM’s and OSSM …

cooling down and getting some lube …

the K23P & OA-93 were a big draw … for those that wanted to make some BIG noise!

both young and old had a great time …

LC on the 300-OSSM …

magazine reporter/photographer … on the 300-OSSM

finally found a free minuet to test her out … simply awesome!

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:50:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Ah man, looks like you all had a good time, thanks for sharing the images!  I really wanted to be there,,, Got back home late last night from the 911 ride, it was a great event!  I did think of you all while riding back north yesterday!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:59:18 AM EDT
[#2]
WOW, who got all the brass?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ah man, looks like you all had a good time, thanks for sharing the images!  I really wanted to be there

hope you can make it to the next one …

Quoted:
WOW, who got all the brass?

we swept it all up and left the brass at the range … except for the 300-OSSM and WSSM brass, as HSM or Olympic Arms is going to reload it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 10:58:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

gwitness and guest …

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:27:35 AM EDT
[#5]
I took just a couple of photos before the batteries in mmy camera went dead. I'll resize and post them later.

My wife won the M4A3. And yes, it is her rifle. I have my own, thank you.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:43:54 AM EDT
[#6]
We thought of when looking at all that brass...
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:47:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Thank You Oly-arms!
I had a great time
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My wife won the M4A3.

awesome
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 3:40:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My wife won the M4A3.

RIGGED!!!
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 4:31:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I took just a couple of photos before the batteries in mmy camera went dead. I'll resize and post them later.

My wife won the M4A3. And yes, it is her rifle. I have my own, thank you.

Holy shit rigged! I CALL SHENANIGANS!~

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:00:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

My wife won the M4A3.

RIGGED!!!

They sent up the grandson up to collect to try and fly under the radar.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 5:37:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

SHENANIGANS!~

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I've got some additional photos to add...to try to reduce the duplicity, I'm only posting those that are "different"...but first a little note:

the picture of the "outdoor writer" is Dr. Charles R. Shawley, PH.D., he was taking quite a few pictures & as I was pretty busy with mags & helping out on the line, I asked if he'd be so kind as to take some pictures with my camera.  his views of the event, while at times, rather simplistic, speak volumes without words.  I've been given permission to post the pics taken by him & have given proper credit in those pics

"dead barrel pile"..each one of these has some kind of problem & with as busy as they are, olympic chooses to (for the moment) simply make new barrels rather than taking the time to fix the problem (at the rate they can now make a barrel, making one from scratch is most times, faster than fixing one...these will eventually be repaired..but for now, the graveyard...

waiting for chow

the calm before the storm

the following are copyrighted images of Dr. Charles Shawley, Ph. D.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 6:25:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Is it really necessary to ask permission and give credit for pictures taken with a camera you own but someone else took the pictures? Are they legally the good docrors property or what?

Our tour guide also commented about the pile of barrels being fixed at some point. I wondered for what purpose? I had a bad Oly barrel once. Is it in that pile and are they really going to reuse used barrels or are they only barrels that have never been sold?
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:13:23 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Is it really necessary to ask permission and give credit for pictures taken with a camera you own but someone else took the pictures? Are they legally the good docrors property or what?

perhaps not necessary, but I did it out of respect for intelectual property....I did discuss it with him & he said I didn't need to give him credit....I did it because although it was my camera, it was his skill & ability to see the "different" in the normal & I feel that that is most of what intelectual property is about

Quoted:.....Is it in that pile and are they really going to reuse used barrels or are they only barrels that have never been sold?

my understanding is that these are barrels that didn't make it through quality control...although I may have misunderstood & your barrel might be there as well

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 7:53:28 PM EDT
[#16]
That was my understanding on those barrels as well....QC rejects.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:02:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Stands to reason.

I guess it's the whole "fix a bad barrel" thing that caught me wondering what was wrong with it that they could fix if they had more time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 8:15:05 PM EDT
[#18]
The one example that I remember hearing is chamber reamer going a little too deep.  Might be an easy fix, but just time consuming.

We were told that those barrels were a result of 30 years of manufacturing.  It didn't seem to me like a large amount of rejects for that amount of time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2009 9:59:32 PM EDT
[#19]

LibertyNews and son on the left. He initially just wanted to watch me shoot but changed his mind and fired his first 10 rounds! Said it didn't kick bad at all (I was sitting right behind him just in case).

Our guide said that pile was 30 years of bad barrels. My though was that its a pretty small piles for 30 years worth of work, Oly knows what they're doing.

It was good to see some fellow arfcommers, got to meet GMW's dad and AThompson for the 1st time. The RSO's were mostly keeping to themselves so I missed a couple of you.

Link Posted: 9/13/2009 11:55:03 PM EDT
[#20]
This was my third OACADR and second as a RSO. These are always a great time. Thanks to Oly for putting this on.

Hats off to everyone for the safe gun handling.
Link Posted: 9/14/2009 3:14:40 PM EDT
[#21]

Could somebody please tell us who this young man is? His father, whoever that may be has taught him well. His rifle handling was proper and impressive. He was not at all intimidated by the big .300 and repeatedly came to our table to shoot the big boomers.

I think he’s done this before.

I’m telling yah, this kids a natural.

Ducttapeman … brought his Grandson’s.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:02:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Nice Pics, looks like a that was a day well spent.

I looked in the 09' Oly catalog, and could not find the Tan Oly hats with wraparound Flag.....How does someone go about scoring one of those?

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:17:28 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I looked in the 09' Oly catalog, and could not find the Tan Oly hats with wraparound Flag

those hats were part of the swag items in the giveaway ‘Grab Bags’ that were handed to the registered guest upon check-in! some were O.D. Green and others were Tan, and the RSO’s were noticeably yellow!

Quoted:
How does someone go about scoring one of those?

let me see what I can do?

Link Posted: 9/16/2009 6:30:07 AM EDT
[#24]
I've got a green one I'll send you if you aren't set on tan.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:30:38 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I've got a green one I'll send you if you aren't set on tan.

Sold!

How many rounds, do you take Paypal, is this designed to fit your unit or mine, and..........shoot me an IM?

Globemaster- Thanks Much, class "A" response, brother!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:10:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Page 2!
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:36:38 PM EDT
[#27]
I came home with 1 yellow and 2 OD hats.

I wouldn't mind trading an unused OD for an unused tan.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 10:57:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I'll trade ya an unused Tan for OD

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:06:21 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'll trade ya an unused Tan for OD

Deal!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top