Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/6/2009 11:44:16 AM EDT
As I understand it, 1GR will be bringing corn ...

However, I will be bringing an "Entree" - pulled pork BBQ sandwiches (and for 1GR onion rings)

So, I would like to get a count of who wants how much... just let me know if you're planning on having some, and if you want 1, 2, 3 or N sandwiches (for all you non-programmer types out there, 'N' stands for whatever number you want it to)

I will have it ready in the evening for consumption around the fire - probably a bit before dark (so I can see what the heck I'm doing)

Sound off here if you want some.

That is all...

P.S. Phil, I'll leave it up to you if you want to tack this or not... if not I'll just bump it occasionally

UPDATE:

As was suggested, an update with who's in, and who's bringing what (if anything)...

MidnightCreeper: - 2
2catE - 1  (Corn bread muffins)
AJ - sadly not going to be there - but I'll try to have enough to send at least one home with Grumpy for you
Tleportgrend - 2 (cornbread)
Bobbity - 3
Jason - 1
5Jefro7 (and kinder) - 4 (plus potato salad)
Gibby - 2
GMW (and crew) - 3
FE427TP - 2  (Sweet Onions)
HugeGator - 4
NWTimmy - 3
Depth_Charge - 1
Dino - 2
Monkey??? - 2
Berserker77 - 1
Migradog - 2 (and apple pies)
Shakul - 2
Valheru2 - 4
EatWhenHungry -1
RedCat -4
ElHombre - 3 (and says he'll bring the chef a Moose Drool (or two))
Grumpy 3 (maybe 4) And chili ... Chili? w/pulled pork?
AThompson - 1
Sea426 - 2
And finally...
1GR - 2 (bringing the corn)
KahiliJack - 1 (my apologies if I miss-spelled your 'name')

Thanks to all of you that volunteered to bring additional stuff!   Thanks to FE427TP for bringing onions - that will be a BIG help!

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 11:54:33 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

However, I will be bringing an "Entree" - pulled pork BBQ sandwiches (and for 1GR onion rings)

So, I would like to get a count of who wants how much... just let me know if you're planning on having some, and if you want 1, 2, 3 or N sandwiches (for all you non-programmer types out there, 'N' stands for whatever number you want it to)

I will have it ready in the evening for consumption around the fire - probably a bit before dark (so I can see what the heck I'm doing)

That is all...

P.S. Phil, I'll leave it up to you if you want to tack this or not... if not I'll just bump it occasionally

I'm IN for (2) and would like to bring some Tri-Tip to pay hommage for such a brilliant suggestion. I just need a place to cook it.

...or, I could bring something else that may be more practical for the event......like......macaroni salad.

Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 11:58:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Can I have some onion rings too?  

Sounds like we need some baked beans, salad, corn bread, dessert...things like that.

Should we make this a group effort?

I can make corn bread muffins in advance to bring along if it sounds suitable.

ETA: In for one!!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can I have some onion rings too?  

Sounds like we need some baked beans, salad, corn bread, dessert...things like that.

Should we make this a group effort?

I can make corn bread muffins in advance to bring along if it sounds suitable.

ETA: In for one!!

Sadly work will be preventing me from attending  However, as Grumpy will be in attendance i can certainly make some food and send it with him.  Desert might be good as I'll be making it Thursday for him to take on friday morning.
Suggestions? If not....you'll all get whatever Grumpy picks
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is all...

I'm IN for (2) and would like to bring some Tri-Tip to pay hommage for such a brilliant suggestion. I just need a place to cook it.

...or, I could bring something else that may be more practical for the event......like......macaroni salad.

Any suggestions?

Macaroni salad would be good ...

And anything anyone else would like to bring, I'm sure we can put together a really good feed for Saturday evening!

In reality, I will probably calculate a fudge factor because I am planning on it being so good that people will want more than they originally thought
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 12:56:44 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in for one, or two, depending on if there's enough for seconds.

I'll have my wife make up a couple batches of corn bread.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:29:32 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm in for one, or two, depending on if there's enough for seconds.

I'll have my wife BRING a couple batches of corn bread.

I am in for two sammiches and a pile o onion rings. Really.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:56:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I am in for one.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll help with your "fudge factor" as well...or at least my daughter will

put us down for a total of 4 & 2 orders of 'rings", we'll bring a large batch of potato salad

J&J
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Two for me please and onion rings as well.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:39:38 PM EDT
[#10]
In for one for me, one for my wife and one for my Dad.  I'll bring some stuff to add to the dinner collection.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Maybe an update to the original post would be helpful; to keep track of who's going to bring what?  If you're up for it...thanks jhazs
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 4:34:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm bringing a 1 burner propane stove this time and a cast iron skillet you're welcome to, I've got a big Marinated Flat Iron that needs cooked up from Butcher Boys down here in Vancouver, their steaks usually come out fork tender.
JHaz: can I get two? If you want since everyone is clamoring for onion rings I'll barter for a couple pounds of sweet onion if you want it'll be less you have to bring and have in the way

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm bringing a 1 burner propane stove this time and a cast iron skillet you're welcome to, I've got a big Marinated Flat Iron that needs cooked up from Butcher Boys down here in Vancouver, their steaks usually come out fork tender.

Right on, man......that'll work!! Thanks for the offer.

So, anybody that is interested......there'll be Tri-Tip sammiches too.

Phil:
Don't worry.......I won't rape them with Dijonnaise, that's for bacon-brats only.  

....although, it kinda sounds tastey now that I think about it.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:17:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Also, I can bring a 2 burner propane stove, propane lantern & 12 x 12 gazebo if anyone thinks any of this could be used

J
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:31:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Also, I can bring a 2 burner propane stove, propane lantern & 12 x 12 gazebo if anyone thinks any of this could be used

J

Affirmative, 5jeffro7........bring 'em!
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 8:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
CORN! I don't remember eating any corn.
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:31:03 PM EDT
[#17]
We'll do up 4 sammiches. I'll make some french fries for the non-onion ring types.

edit for my own stupidity
Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:34:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Corn-holing for 1GR, not the food I'm bringing 2! 15 year old girls for ya this time

I'll have the RV so if you need anything holler. We'll do up 4 sammiches. I'll make some french fries for the non-onion ring types.

Just watch, S will spit on my corn for making tis absurd joke/comment

Use of your facilities would once again be greatly appreciated.

Link Posted: 9/6/2009 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#19]
RV is available for the ladies whenever needed as always
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 7:43:37 AM EDT
[#20]
In for 3.  I'll bring booze.....the good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:28:35 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I will  trade pooper privileges for pastries. For the ladies, of course. I don't trust a man who bakes. Just ain't right.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:26:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I will  trade pooper privileges for pastries. For the ladies, of course. I don't trust a man who bakes. Just ain't right.

You guys are awesome.  Thanks in advance!

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I have man boobs.  Does that count?

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:43:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Oh, maybe. Got a kilt?
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:16:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
CORN! I don't remember eating any corn.

I thought this was called the "Corn shoot" because you were bringing corn  Or is it simply because you're just corny

You want something to eat besides what you're bringing (if anything?)

Oh, right, onion rings  But I'll save some BBQ for you, too
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:24:24 AM EDT
[#26]
what? don't want the potato salad?
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 10:34:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
what? don't want the potato salad?

whoops, missed that

Of course we want the 'tater salad
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:01:18 AM EDT
[#28]
Put Depth_Charge down for a sammich too please.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#29]
2 sammich's for me.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm in for 2 sammiches and rings.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 2:56:19 PM EDT
[#31]
Just like the crabshoot.... Bring butter!

The real stuff seeing as Dion won't be there.

I will need corn shucking assistants as well
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 4:28:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Just like the crabshoot.... Bring butter!

The real stuff seeing as Dion won't be there.

I will need corn shucking assistants as well

The rican will help you shuck corn.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 4:36:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

You and Jr were in before I even posted.

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 5:28:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'll be too busy pulling guard on my car with beanbag rounds in my 12Ga to do anything like that.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:06:02 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
2 sammich's for me.

AHA!!

....so, you're gonna make it afterall?
That's good to hear, man...

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:09:58 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[Owned by 1Gr]

Leave some energy for me, it'll take the both of you to shuck my shit....

....that's if 1GR plans on sharing, I'm not one to infringe on one's property.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:37:34 PM EDT
[#37]
I am in for 1. I will see what I can bring. Will be flying in the night before.
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I'll be too busy pulling guard on my car with beanbag rounds in my 12Ga to do anything like that.

Interesting...

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Interesting...

not exactly the way i remember it either.....
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I was planning to bring my oatmeal brownies, but since they won't be appreciated....
Link Posted: 9/7/2009 9:08:51 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I am in for 1. I will see what I can bring. Will be flying in the night before.

Let us know what you want, we can pick it up at the store Thursday for you
(if there's anything in particular you want made, let me know, as Grumpy hasn't given me a wish list yet...)

Link Posted: 9/7/2009 11:58:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Will be flying in the night before.

Heard that before.

Link Posted: 9/8/2009 6:54:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Gee, I was planning to bring my oatmeal brownies, but since they won't be appreciated....

Would those be "Special" brownies?  
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 7:29:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

By who?

You make them out of bran and we will have a party.
Link Posted: 9/8/2009 8:47:57 PM EDT
[#45]

Link Posted: 9/9/2009 5:31:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 7:07:46 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
In for 2, I can bring a couple of apple pies.

As long as they're home made....  Beautiful made apple pie last week from apples off the tree in the yard. Very tasty.

I am going to have to increase my daily hike from 2 miles to 3 to keep off the calories that woman can cook up!  And she makes a mean sammich, too :)

One day I'll talk her into joining me at LCR ... I think she's a bit afraid of all y'all
Link Posted: 9/9/2009 3:57:40 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

As long as they're home made....  Beautiful made apple pie last week from apples off the tree in the yard. Very tasty.

I am going to have to increase my daily hike from 2 miles to 3 to keep off the calories that woman can cook up!  And she makes a mean sammich, too :)

One day I'll talk her into joining me at LCR ... I think she's a bit afraid of all y'all

The way to a mans heart is through his stomach, we don't mess with the people cooking for us, they get slightly deified

Link Posted: 9/11/2009 8:50:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Man, I can't believe this dropped that far down.... Free food and all

So, I've updated the "Who's in" list, and yes, we don't want to mess with the cook (at home at least)

Pie is great, home made pie is best
Link Posted: 9/11/2009 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will be flying in the night before.

Heard that before.

I wanted to make the river run. Honest. I WILL be making LCR because I bought and paid for this ticket and the Army aint in charge of this one!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top