Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/1/2009 1:46:29 PM EDT
If I bolted my press to the kitchen table....

I just tired to use a C-clap, but unfortunately there is a 1x1 that goes around the underside of the table, I assume for strength. I wish I would have looked at that early, now I have no where to use my press currently. So, I guess I need to find a workmate table or a sturdy folding table as the apt has no space for anything more.

My fingers will be safe for a while longer.  

Guess I will have to have a beer and a cigar now that primers and powder will not be present.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#2]
You ain't got a hair on yer ass if ya don't bolt that thing straight to the counter, my friend!!!

Phil's setup looks damn good, great idea.  Like I IMed ya, it's gotta be somewhat sturdy and heavy enough to not tip over when you're resizing or seating.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The kitchen table won't be sturdy enough for a reloading press, especially if it is progressive. I would slide the dish washing machine out and bolt it to the counter top then slide the dish washer back in. You need a very stable platform to mount a press on. Besides that having the reloading set up that close to the dish washer makes it easy for a final clean up on the brass and a gun part or two.
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:02:52 PM EDT
[#4]
It's a turret, right Soundlzrd?
Link Posted: 8/1/2009 2:18:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah, Lee Classic Turret.

Phil, I like the idea, but I am trying to not get another piece of furniture when I know we are going to be moving soon, but I may have too. Once we move I plan on building something or getting on of craigslist.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:49:17 AM EDT
[#6]
just bolt it up to the kitchen table, and tell the wife, that the table was comming apart and you had to reinforce it. Then tell her that in the process you decided to mount the press as you knew it would have to be replaced when you guys move to a new location.

You just need to know how to word things to make it sound not as bad as it is.
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:51:47 AM EDT
[#7]
My guess would be you would have much better luck using some kind of clamp versus using a clap.....................but that is just me!!
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 12:56:10 AM EDT
[#8]
haha, thanks patch, that could be my problem...

I wish I could spell
Link Posted: 8/2/2009 3:34:08 AM EDT
[#9]
just do it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top