Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 6/10/2009 4:06:57 PM EDT
So if you want a guide up to LCR around noontime on Friday, you'd better IM me for time and location.

-PCR
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]

I need a guide.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:09:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:23:28 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Those who need to be guided in need to contact the volunteer guides to make arrangements for their rally point.

Now to figure out what that spot is before the IMs start coming in...  

Oh, and if you try to IM me at noon on Friday...say howdy for me and Grumpy to the folks in Raymond.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:28:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm gonna get sooo lost
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:34:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I'm gonna get sooo lost

Well, I could have the meet-up location at 1Gr's.....That'd be pretty easy.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:35:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm gonna get sooo lost

Well, I could have the meet-up location at 1Gr's.....That'd be pretty easy.

Ahhhhh, the good ol' days.....

I'm sure he would be thrilled

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm gonna get sooo lost

Maybe we can get lost together and find your pants?

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:54:32 PM EDT
[#8]
I got too excited

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 4:58:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I got too excited

clean up on isle 5
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:12:13 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I got too excited

clean up on isle 5

I think he was hoping for a Bearbutt spanking

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Now I'll never find the pit.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
follow the cookie crumbs
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
follow the cookie crumbs

And the pants and tissues

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 5:38:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

say howdy for me and Grumpy to the folks in Raymond.

If you do make it to Raymond and happen upon a distinguished yet confused looking short haired hippy type wearing marpat, tiedye and birks and driving a red and white chevy pickup carring a load of stuff that looks recently lifted from an army ammo dump, say 'hi' but dont follow me cause I'll probably be lost as well.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 6:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

say howdy for me and Grumpy to the folks in Raymond.

If you do make it to Raymond and happen upon a distinguished yet confused looking short haired hippy type wearing marpat, tiedye and birks and driving a red and white chevy pickup carring a load of stuff that looks recently lifted from an army ammo dump, say 'hi' but dont follow me cause I'll probably be lost as well.

Let us know if you find any good shooting spots

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Let us know if you find any good shooting spots

I might be persuaded to share some of my waypoints. The best shooting spot I could find would be one that, in November, contains a legal bull.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#17]
damn it how will I ever find it now?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:46:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Who's the Saturday AM guide?  I need to send that person a PM.

PM me the answer if you don't want to post it publicly.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Reading comprehension fail.

Bobbity, 77 park and ride 9:30am
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:03:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here

As for failure there's nothing about exit 77, anyone who needs a guide is responsible for finding one, there's no spot for anyone anonymously cruising the board to just show up and tag along.

He still fails
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:46:48 PM EDT
[#22]
ONE IM about a guide.....non-readers or slackers on this forum.

Expect to see some "I was at the Park and ride and nobody showed up" threads come Monday.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:55:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I was at the park & ride and nobody showed up..........now I'm a sad panda.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 11:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm meeting up with Dinothewap somewhere along the way.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 4:02:14 AM EDT
[#25]
If you see a blue Subaru with a bunch of dents with a transmission that sounds like a can full of marbles and it has a BFL in the rear window, follow it.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:37:53 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
follow the cookie crumbs

And the pants and tissues

I wasn't even in aisle 5

So I doubt that I'd even want to know
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:49:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Expect to see some "I was at the Park and ride and nobody showed up" threads come Monday.

If I get out of the corp meeting at work early friday morning I will stop at the park and ride and
check for the non-readers and slackers.
I should be there around 12;00 -1:00  Black Chev pickup draging a trailer with a Quad.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:54:58 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If I get out of the corp meeting at work early friday morning I will stop at the park and ride and

check for the non-readers and slackers.

I should be there around 12;00 -1:00 Black Chev pickup draging a trailer with a Quad.

Can you check for press credentials?  The idea behind NOT doing the P&R is to keep the anonymous tag-a-longs to a minimum.
wait a frickin minute....
Quoted:

corp meeting

WTF?!  I thought you grew pot in your back yard and sold it at the Portland Overpass market....  I didn't figure you for a corporate guy......

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:28:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you check for press credentials?  The idea behind NOT doing the P&R is to keep the anonymous tag-a-longs to a minimum.

[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:
corp meeting

WTF?!  I thought you grew pot in your back yard and sold it at the Portland Overpass market....  I didn't figure you for a corporate guy......

If I see anything anybody that looks like press they will end up at the shoot in raymond 26.5 miles deep in the sticks if they tag along.
I have to do something to be legit and i use the corp thing to disquise my money laundering.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:32:05 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you check for press credentials? The idea behind NOT doing the P&R is to keep the anonymous tag-a-longs to a minimum.
[span style='font-weight: bold;']Quoted:

corp meeting

WTF?! I thought you grew pot in your back yard and sold it at the Portland Overpass market.... I didn't figure you for a corporate guy......

If I see anything anybody that looks like press they will end up at the shoot in raymond 26.5 miles deep in the sticks if they tag along.

I have to do something to be legit and i use the corp thing to disquise my money laundering.

And get screen names....

We don't need another "Waaaah, I went to LCR and nobody said hi to me and everyone was a big meanie to me"  and nobody remembers who the hell it was.

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:42:19 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

And get screen names....

We don't need another "Waaaah, I went to LCR and nobody said hi to me and everyone was a big meanie to me"  and nobody remembers who the hell it was.

Wouldn't happen if we wore these....

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:54:56 AM EDT
[#32]
Someone should hang out at the usual rally-point, pick up the lurkers and members of the media and proceed to drive cross-country on US 12 all the way to Detroit.

Upon arrival in Detroit, they're guaranteed to see some shootin'.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:12:43 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Someone should hang out at the usual rally-point, pick up the lurkers and members of the media and proceed to drive cross-country on US 12 all the way to Detroit.

I say you make everyone at the park and ride field strip an AR.  If they can't do it well...
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 9:41:11 AM EDT
[#34]
I say make 'em go to the dildo store and buy a sheep.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 2:45:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I say make 'em go to the dildo store and buy a sheep.

If they dont buy a sheep then they dont go to the shoot ?

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I think that this is a VERY good idea. Time to stop announcing rally points and only coordinate via IM.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 3:19:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Whats the matter, too many dumb shits showing up sweeping the crowd?
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I like the idea of no more public caravans. IM'd arrangements would seem to work a lot better and keep out unwanted attention.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#39]
I vote yes on the man rule IM only for followers. That being said I will be leaving Redmond area tomorrow heading for Raymond.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:21:12 PM EDT
[#40]
You could have an LCR where you couldn't attend unless you already knew how to get there.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 7:46:54 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
You could have an LCR where you couldn't attend unless you already knew how to get there.

Or we could just hide under a rock and not meet anyone new!

Let see here. People I have met because of LCR:

Surferboi
GrabMyWrist+Wonder wife
PCR-00+Hippynic
OdT+Cellshooter
1Gunrunner
Jasonfin1128
GrumpyM4+Automaticjoy
Sptr-300
Carbinemonoxide
Huge_gator+his son Dillion
Dilliovic
C&7+wife
BobbityBobbity+Mommity
Gwitness
Hunter121
2CatE
Rem582
The_jet
Mad45

I could keep going but lets just surfice to say I have met at least 100 realy good people because the newbie's (including me) got a guide to the LCR.
Now this list could go on for quite awhile but I think I made my point.

RIGHT now I apoligize for missing the friends I missed but I got tired of typing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:09:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:10:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I vote yes on the man rule IM only for followers. That being said I will be leaving Redmond area tomorrow heading for Raymond.

If things go my way at work in the morning,  I should be leaving Redmond around 8:30am and will make a stop and shop at
Tactical T on the way.
The IM way does work but how would you know if a nube is the press from a IM ?
I say all nubies get a stripp search for hidden mic and cams and if we find anything  

Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#44]
It really makes no difference with IM or Exit 77. If a reporter is on to the "deal" they are smart enough to get a Troll account. FOTF are not stupid in this, they know how to use computers just like the rest of us.

Reports doing investigative reports know how to figure it out as well.

I think we are all getting to paranoid, and that is not a good thing.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:21:42 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or we could just hide under a rock and not meet anyone new!

Let see here. People I have met because of LCR:

Surferboi
GrabMyWrist+Wonder wife
PCR-00+Hippynic
OdT+Cellshooter
1Gunrunner
Jasonfin1128
GrumpyM4+Automaticjoy
Sptr-300
Carbinemonoxide
Huge_gator+his son Dillion
Dilliovic
C&7+wife
BobbityBobbity+Mommity
Gwitness
Hunter121
2CatE
Rem582
The_jet
Mad45

I could keep going but lets just surfice to say I have met at least 100 realy good people because the newbie's (including me) got a guide to the LCR.
Now this list could go on for quite awhile but I think I made my point.

RIGHT now I apoligize for missing the friends I missed but I got tired of typing.

I've met 15 of the people you listed while hiding under that rock. There are lots of opportunities to meet people outside of LCR's. I think you missed where my tongue was in cheek and you got all serious. I wouldn't know where it was if it weren't for JAFO showing me. There does seem to be some concern about who attends, that was when I put my tongue in cheek.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:28:14 PM EDT
[#46]
OK Habu, sorry if I didn't understand you correctly, I still maintain that LCR's should not turn into a Paranoid event.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:29:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Just because they are paranoid doesn't mean the press won't show up and record everyones license plate #.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There's reasons I left there and came here.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:37:51 PM EDT
[#49]
One last point and I give up.

OK many are met outside of LCR, but the social interaction is not the same. + how many more would you meet if you had gone to all the LCR's?

Much less I would venture. Like PCR said it has turned into a social event rather than a shoot. AND that ain't a bad thing.

I still shoot, mostly 22LR, confirm zero, watch the line under my little canopy, but still enjoy the interaction more than shooting.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#50]
The Mexiroe shooting spot was on the news the other night and it does seem that the press
may be looking for more shooting spots to shit on.
I'm not getting to paranoid but just cautious that our fun get together doesnt end up
on the news as some sort of milita training camp.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top