Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/30/2009 1:48:04 PM EDT
Anyone here from around the Silverdale area?  My son is moving out there next month and is wanting to know if there are any ranges to shoot at and are there any "good" gun shops?  Any info would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 1:56:18 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a range in Bremerton which others can speak to, I've never been there. Further north is the Port Townsend range.

Of course, north and west of Silverdale across the Hood Canal is Olympic National Forest.
Link Posted: 5/30/2009 2:08:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Anyone here from around the Silverdale area?  My son is moving out there next month and is wanting to know if there are any ranges to shoot at and are there any "good" gun shops?  Any info would be appreciated.

I don't think we have any good gunshops left over here, but we do have an excellent range at the  Kitsap Rifle and Revolver Club

Link Posted: 5/31/2009 6:59:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the info guys!
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 7:02:56 PM EDT
[#4]
No good gun shops. One good range linked above.

He's leaving MT to come to WA? Must be a job thing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2009 7:31:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Gunshops = crap

Ranges = KRRC just outside of Bremerton and the Poulsbo Sportsmans club right outside of silverdale.

Of course there are gravel pits an hour or so southward if he likes free range with his shooting.

Have him get in contact with me when he makes it up here and we'll do lunch or something and give him a proper Kitsap welcome.

We've got a good number of Kitsap folks out here so we'll do it up right.  
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 7:49:34 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a range in Bremerton which others can speak to, I've never been there. Further north is the Port Townsend range.

Of course, north and west of Silverdale across the Hood Canal is Olympic National Forest.

BTW, Port Townsend is across the Hood Canal ...

There also is the Poulsbo Sportsmen Club range, but I've heard they've sorta gone really Fudd in the last few years - can't speak from personal experience, tho
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 8:27:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Habu, yup, it's a "job thing".

Grumpy, thanks for the offer!  I'll definitely pass it on to him.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 8:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Boener in Gorst is a decent gun store, nice guys and have in the past gotten some good deals.

Daves Pawn in Bremerton

but thats about it.......but Tacoma is not too far and good shops there
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks guys.  What's the ammo sitrep over there?  Hopefully it's better than here.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:42:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Thanks guys.  What's the ammo sitrep over there?  Hopefully it's better than here.

Us handloaders have ammo, those that stacked deep have ammo.

Surplus Ammo and Arms has ammo on and off and they sell (by todays standards) at a fair price.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 2:45:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

BTW, Port Townsend is across the Hood Canal ...

There also is the Poulsbo Sportsmen Club range, but I've heard they've sorta gone really Fudd in the last few years - can't speak from personal experience, tho

PT has monthly NRA highpower shoots and all I've ever been too are EBR friendly.
Link Posted: 6/5/2009 3:29:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Habu, yup, it's a "job thing".

Grumpy, thanks for the offer!  I'll definitely pass it on to him.

Is he Navy?

I'm retired civvie DoD from the Yard, so i'll have a fair understanding of how to help him feel at home if this is so......
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 5:41:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Grumpy, he's going to work at the "yard", DOD civvie also.
Link Posted: 6/6/2009 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Engineer.

Link Posted: 6/6/2009 10:04:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Know which shop or code?
Link Posted: 6/7/2009 3:08:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Yup, he's an engineer.  I think he said something about a code 260.  I don't have a clue what that means.  I'm used to Army MOS's.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:03:06 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Have him get in contact with me when he makes it up here and we'll do lunch or something and give him a proper Kitsap welcome.

We've got a good number of Kitsap folks out here so we'll do it up right.  

Grumpy, he's on the ground there now.  How can he get hold of you?  He won't have internet access till next week.  He starts to work on Monday the 22nd.  Right now he's trying to learn his way around the area but it's pretty boring for a young man with no TV or Internet and very few $$ to spend.
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 8:17:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Check your IM's
Link Posted: 6/18/2009 9:52:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Grumpy,  Thanks!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top