Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/28/2009 9:58:49 AM EDT
why  the negativity regarding  champion arms around here. just curious i have no ties too them im just wondering ?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 10:28:04 AM EDT
[#1]
You will find that this crew can show negativity to just about anything...

You just need to figure out which crew you want to listen to on each subject.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 12:25:17 PM EDT
[#2]
couldn't tell you what other folks issues have been....personally everytime i have been there the staff was helpfull and very friendly....i have  nothing bad to say about them...

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:09:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Pros-
I live pretty close to Champions, been in there prolly a dozen times, bought a box of 8mm rem mag ammo for about 50% off but thats the only thing that I have bought, oh I take that back I bought a reloading ammo case for my .308 whoo $3.

People are easy to talk to.

Range is nice shot there twice

Cons-
Me and my buddy went there when we I was 19 and he was 20 we rented a glock 19 and bought ammo and walked right on to the range and shot, guy looked at our licenses and said okay. Went back later and told us we had to be 21 which we figured. Just shows the guy was retarted or didnt pay any attention.

Few guys in there are extremly bias. One guy I talked to would bad mouth anything and everything that wasnt a 1911 which bugs me. Okay you like them but they arent the best thing since sliced bread. Id take my AR15 over your 1911 anyday.

Seems overpriced compared to other places around. Like to talk and talk and talk if its not busy, which is okay to a point.

Overheard them talking one day to a new employ who had shot himself TWICE and he was like 25, okay seems like this guy may have some saftey issues.

Gunsmithing takes about a year to get anything done no personaly experience but buddy took a hunting rifle in and needed some simple action and saftey work and took them about 6 months eventually went down there and told them he wanted it back and wasnt paying a dime.

Overall  B-

Wouldnt buy a gun there unless it was a good deal.

It is defintely better than Bens loan in Renton, something keeps getting me to go back tho and keep buying stuff
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Few guys in there are extremly bias. One guy I talked to would bad mouth anything and everything that wasnt a 1911 glock which bugs me. Okay you like them but they arent the best thing since sliced bread..

fix't

ok, who was it ??
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:42:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Umm I can't remember lol it was like 2 years ago, one of the older guys Im pretty sure he doesn't work there anymore
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:32:33 PM EDT
[#6]
The only reason I know of people badmouthing them for is the shitty gunsmithing done by Steve. Is he still there?
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 6:59:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Prices are a bit high, thats all I can complain about. And any time you mix non-gun people in a gun renting place, but thats just an inherant risk anywhere.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:00:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I have shot there many times and had no problems. The employee's where very helpful and nice. Prices seem a little on the high side to buy anything though.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 7:51:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only reason I know of people badmouthing them for is the shitty gunsmithing done by Steve. Is he still there?

I believe he is the owner. But yeah, good range, so-so prices....but whatever you do, don't let their people touch your guns. They screwed up my GI 1911 "trying" to install night sights. The front sight didn't even last 60 rounds before it went downrange on it's own. I will NEVER go there again for any reason.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#10]
We're pretty spoiled here with all the wonderful shops here in the greater Seattle are, but Champion Arms is not one of them. They are at the rock bottom of the list in my book for poor customer service, terrible prices, and low quality inventory. If they didn't have the business from their indoor range they would gladly be long gone and forgotten. Fifteen minutes in any direction would lead you to a gunstore multiple times better in every regard, but that's just my .02
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top