Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2009 3:19:54 PM EDT
Anyone else know they did this? I was in one in Vancouver to weeks ago and they had no handguns and only three revolvers. Today they had ten handguns, the same revolvers and no ammo, maybe a box of 6mm. The reloading shelves were empty. Apparently they are closing many of there stores, The Federal Way, Spokane and Vancouver are all part that was purchased by a Canadian company and will be kept open.

Just a heads up for any that did not know. Or maybe just something I missed, if so, I apologize.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:30:22 PM EDT
[#2]
No liquidation sale?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 3:52:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry Phil.

Nope, no liquidation. Unless you want a pink camp chair for 6.99
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:27:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Sorry Phil.

Nope, no liquidation. Unless you want a pink camp chair for 6.99

The Federal Way store has a notice in the front window from "USB Holdings, Limited", or whatever outfit bought that store and 15 others.

The gun department is about cleaned out, just a few boxes of handgun ammo in stock, but they say they will be seeing new stock in "one or two weeks."

Hopefully the noo Canoodian owners will not screw us on guns and ammo, eh?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 4:38:34 PM EDT
[#5]
The employees didnt seem to think that would be the case. The owners apparently seem pro gun.

I also was told that the Fed Way store is being considered as a distribution center.
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 5:54:23 PM EDT
[#6]
the new owners are canadian and have huge amounts of oil money...
in the next few weeks they are going to be ramping the stock levels back up on ammo....  and i heard a rumor that the prices are going to be better
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#7]
An employee in the Lacey store was also optimistic about the new owners.  He also expected new inventory within a couple of weeks.  The new owner is a large co-op type business with huge sales and huge profits (he said).  We'll see, but I'm hoping!

Rob
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:14:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny thing is the Vancouver store has had what seems to be the same HK USP45 CT for about 9 months now, too bad I already have a fullsize and would rather wait for the HK45 CT. And they have it, yet when I talked to one of the managers were totally un-supportive of HB1604 and said something to the effect of "this is a place of business we cant put that here"
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#9]
They are doing some inventory reshuffling due to this: http://www.oregonlive.com/business/index.ssf/2009/03/sp...house_stores_ge.html

Some stores will close but the majority of stores in the PNW have been retained by UFA. Listing of some of the stores' whose fate has been determined here: http://www.newwest.net/topic/article/sportsmans_warehou...g_23_stores/C41/L41/
Another with a list: http://www.ufa.net/inthenews/archive/sportsmanWarehouseUS.html

Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:00:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Anyone been by the Vancouver, Lacey, or Fed Way Stores?
Link Posted: 3/25/2009 10:35:14 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Nope.  Where are those stores?  Like, what towns are they in?
I wonder if KA3B would be willing to meet me in Lacey, so we could carpool to the Lacey store?
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:05:02 AM EDT
[#12]
I was in the Silverdale store on Monday and talked with them briefly. The pistol wall was just about empty.  They were saying the buyout had been completed about 2 weeks ago and that the new owners were cutting money loose to stock up the stores.  They also stated that the reason the stocking levels were so low was that the previous owners had stopped paying their bills in September and none of the suppliers was extending further credit.

There was supposed to be a shipment in this week - how big they didn't know, but it sounded like this was the first big resupply after not having anything come in for quite some time.

They seemed optimistic that things were going to improve in a big way.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 7:21:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 8:24:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope. Where are those stores? Like, what towns are they in?

I wonder if KA3B would be willing to meet me in Lacey, so we could carpool to the Lacey store?

I'll take a stab at it and say: VANCOUVER, FEDERAL WAY AND LACY.

(Or over on the coast)

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:47:03 AM EDT
[#15]
I was in the Federal Way store today and was amazed at how few guns they had. They seriously have around 10 handguns and maybe 50 hunting rifles and shotguns. This is down from a few hundred a few months back.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 10:56:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I've been by the Vancouver store several times.

Last time I was there it was just tumbleweeds rolling around in the handgun section.  I haven't seen a .223 round there since the election.

I hope they do start seeing new stock there or there really isn't much reason to go.
Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I posted the following yesterday, after visiting the local store:
The Federal Way store has a notice in the front window from "USB Holdings, Limited", or whatever outfit bought that store and 15 others.

The gun department is about cleaned out, just a few boxes of handgun ammo in stock, but they say they will be seeing new stock in "one or two weeks."

Hopefully the noo Canoodian owners will not screw us on guns and ammo, eh?

Link Posted: 3/26/2009 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#18]
The pistol wall in Silverdale was almost full to day.

A few days ago they were down to about 6 pistols.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 4:41:06 PM EDT
[#19]
Was just at the Lacey store.  Same amount of pistols and rifles.    Almost 0 ammo, did see some 45 GAP boxes.  Rest 30-06, shotgun and empty shelves and sign at the door said Gift cards accepted until March 31.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 11:29:19 AM EDT
[#20]
The Federal way store still has no stock as of noon today. I asked and they just looked sheepish and shrugged.

They told me two weeks ago they would be restocked in one week................
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:03:54 PM EDT
[#21]
Update on the Burlington store as of todaywent there and Kesselrings and nothing for reloading componants Kesselrings did have about 12 ARs in stock starting at $1599.00 and for a modist sum of $2499.00 a Colt 6920 could be yours

Link Posted: 3/28/2009 2:13:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Federal way guys told me the other week stock should be above pre-election in a few weeks.
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 3:20:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Federal way Vancouver guys told me the other week today that stock should be above pre-election in a few weeks.

This
Link Posted: 3/28/2009 5:34:42 PM EDT
[#24]
The Clackamas store started putting pictures of handguns on the handgun rack so it didn't look so empty...They had a dozen or so handguns and maybe two dozen hunting shotguns and 22 rifles. Zero handgun ammo, a few boxes here and there of high end or odd caliber stuff, and zero 22lr at all...
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Zero handgun ammo, a few boxes here and there of high end or odd caliber stuff, and zero 22lr at all...

Thats why I have a 10mm, because even if walmart does'nt carry it, the places that do carry it will still have it when everything else has sold :-)

T
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 9:51:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Thats why I have a 10mm, because even if walmart does'nt carry it, the places that do carry it will still have it when everything else has sold :-)

T

Hmmm... that is making sense.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 3:05:31 PM EDT
[#27]
I think that's the first logical argument I've ever heard for even owning a 10mm.
Link Posted: 3/29/2009 10:43:44 PM EDT
[#28]
sorry to disappoint you but it's sold out at sportsmans also and I don't remember seeing any at the gunshow, lots of 40 sw though and which do you think they'll be restocking more of first, 10mm or 9mm/45acp/380/22/40sw/32acp/357/38/44 hopefully you reload
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top