Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/20/2008 4:13:13 PM EDT
I'm going to make paper target's with cardboard and paper plates. My question is what can I put on the paper plates so that when shot I could see the holes? I dont have a spoting scope. I have binoculars but the are limited to 100 yards and even then my old man vision is no good. Black is hard to see and if I could buy better binoculars right now I wouldnt be asking this question. Thanks for any info.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Well get rid of the .22 and go with 50 cal... Bigger hole and easier to see... Done and simple!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:51:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Use foam plates, the holes will be very obvious.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:53:40 PM EDT
[#4]
OK time to pay it forward again, I have a Browning 20-50 spoting scope you can have VR. IM me where to send it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 5:54:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Ive been shooting paper plates for years, they're what?  $10/100" targets I can burn when Im done assuming I didnt get them on sale. I figure if I can put towards the center of the plate I'm content on my ability to put em in the center of mass.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:08:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:18:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
OK time to pay it forward again, I have a Browning 20-50 spoting scope you can have VR. IM me where to send it.

You're alright Dino

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:22:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're alright Dino

+1, Good shit, Dino.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:24:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Ive been shooting paper plates for years, they're what?  $10/100" targets I can burn when Im done assuming I didnt get them on sale. I figure if I can put towards the center of the plate I'm content on my ability to put em in the center of mass.

Same here, paper plates are a great "center mass" target, and dirt cheap.

[voice of Newt]  They're meowstly what I use, meowstly.....[voice of Newt]

I know what ya mean about seein' those holes, same problem when I use 'em at the rifle range.  Bright sunny day, not too bad.  But we haven't had many of those lately.

I use cheap low-power binos, hopefully the spotting scope you're apperently gonna get from Dino will do the trick.  (good on ya there Dino!)

There's gotta be some kinda cheap paint or something that can be sprayed onto them, that will "splatter" or crack off when hit, sorta like a shoot'n see.  

Shoot'n see are the best, as ODT said, for this purpose.  Just more expensive than the plates.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:44:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Just go to the Tacoma mall...  You'll know if you hit your targets...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:46:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Shaddap noob!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:57:31 PM EDT
[#12]
For really long range I use different colored balloons,the small one's are inexpensive and I only blow them up to about four inches in diameter, cluster them around the center balloon as you make larger circles of balloons around the center on the target board, OSB-7/16" is only $8;00 a 4x8 sheet.

Steel is best ofcourse, paint it black and the bullets leave a silver splotch at point of impact and at 1000 yards you can still hear them ring, five inches by nine inches is the standard for long range steel.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:00:35 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah, good call, I'd forgotten about the balloons.  Been years since I used any, but hell yeah, they do work great.  Instant "target feedback".
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Thanks Dino I really appreciate your hospitality. I owe you
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:42:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shaddap noob!

Both of you are showing your noobness...

DaBunny has been saying that for years.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:02:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just go to the Tacoma mallOlympia...  You'll know if you hit your targets...

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:07:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Thank you for "paying it forward"...eases the regret of my having done so......dragunov scope I picked up for 20$.....I gave it to a friend even knowing what it was worth.....I paid it forward and try to remember why I did it....thank you for letting us know what goes around comes around and that others are willing to do the same...Thanks....Mike.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top