Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/20/2008 2:54:17 PM EDT
Let me start off by saying that I am new on this forum. I recently moved to WA (lacey), and bought an AR. I was wondering if anybody in the area has a stock wrench to remove my buffer tube for installation of a sling plate. I am too cheap to buy one, and looking to meet some decent people in the area as well, so figured I could kill two birds with one stone here...obviously the obligatory beer would be provided for the duration of the operation......

EDITED TO ADD: Just called Sportsmans Warehouse here in Lacey. They wanted $40 for one!!!! Anybody know, in the event that I can't borrow one, who sells them at a more reasonable rate than that? I work in Seattle, so anywhere between Lacey and Seattle is fair game. Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:18:32 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a million stock wrenches in the naked city.......I have one at your disposal, if ever you deem to grace Spanaway with your noobishness.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:28:06 PM EDT
[#2]
You got a single point sling didnt ya?

If I might make a suggestion. While those look cool as heck if for some reason you are forced to move with your rifle not in hand the single point becomes a liability in very short order.

I tried to use one in a carbine class and it did nothing but get jacked up when moving or transitioning in the kneeling. Then I rigged my sling in Basic to a single point setup and ran drills with it there. Not a good idea.

It is all personal preference but since you are new to this I figured I would give you a heads up on MY preference....not that you asked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:48:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
There are a million stock wrenches in the naked city.......I have one at your disposal, if ever you deem to grace Spanaway with your noobishness.

Thanks. I may just have to do that if nobody is closer. Of course, by the time I pay for gas to Spanaway and Beer I could have just bought a wrench...LOL.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:50:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If I might make a suggestion. While those look cool as heck if for some reason you are forced to move with your rifle not in hand the single point becomes a liability in very short order.

I tried to use one in a carbine class and it did nothing but get jacked up when moving or transitioning in the kneeling. Then I rigged my sling in Basic to a single point setup and ran drills with it there. Not a good idea.

It is all personal preference but since you are new to this I figured I would give you a heads up on MY preference....not that you asked.

Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on doing moving drills at this point. This is mainly just for range use. I have a two-point, and am working on a three point for that kind of stuff! Thanks for the advice.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 3:59:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks. I may just have to do that if nobody is closer. Of course, by the time I pay for gas to Spanaway and Beer I could have just bought a wrench...LOL.

But then you wouldn't have gotten to meet bobbity and the gimp.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:06:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks for the advice. I dont plan on doing moving drills at this point. This is mainly just for range use. I have a two-point, and am working on a three point for that kind of stuff! Thanks for the advice.

Stick with the 2 point if you are a novice with the system. for the best of both worlds, stability and transitional capability, I suggest attaching it just behind the receiver on the stock and about 2 inches forward of the receiver on the handguard.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:09:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stick with the 2 point if you are a novice with the system. for the best of both worlds, stability and transitional capability, I suggest attaching it just behind the receiver on the stock and about 2 inches forward of the receiver on the handguard.

Thanks once again for the advice. I am probably going to make a single point sling that can be used as a 2 point as well and utilize this way of setting up. Seems like a good way to do things. We'll see once I get it installed...it's an HK loop plate, but I can deal with that in either circumstance..
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#8]
shoot me an im, im right here in yelm, and i have ar tools falling out of stuff.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 4:32:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
shoot me an im, im right here in yelm, and i have ar tools falling out of stuff.

Thanks GlockLuvinRedleg....sent ya a PM!!!!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:41:02 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two different style wrenches and I am in Olympia...  I may be able to meet you somewhere tomorrow...  But it is wifes birthday tomorrow so I don't know if I can even make it out of the house...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have two different style wrenches and I am in Olympia...  I may be able to meet you somewhere tomorrow...  But it is wifes birthday tomorrow so I don't know if I can even make it out of the house...

Well tell her we said happy birthday!
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 6:52:31 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont have the parts for a bit anyways...I sent payment to SUNDOG from this forum yesterday for the parts. It will prob be a week or so. Wanna meet up in a week or so for beer and installation?
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:04:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome noob, Wheres the beer?
I also have Rifle tools.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:07:53 PM EDT
[#14]
How the FUCK do they always seem to forget the beer?  That's like 6 this week already.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:11:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Reach down your pants, down betwen your legs.

Did you find a dick and a set of balls?

That means that you are a man.

Men buy the tools they need to perform the job on hand.

Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:25:37 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Reach down your pants, down betwen your legs.

Did you find a dick and a set of balls?

That means that you are a man.

Men buy the tools they need to perform the job on hand.

I know that most guys would get all pissy about this comment, but I cant get pissy till I stop laughing damnit!! Nice, nice....I'll admit you have a point here...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:26:09 PM EDT
[#17]
Who's forgetting beer here?....review the original post...OH, and
there ya go...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 7:34:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I wont have the parts for a bit anyways...I sent payment to SUNDOG from this forum yesterday for the parts. It will prob be a week or so. Wanna meet up in a week or so for beer and installation?

Lemme know!  I are sort of teh noobz too so us noobz will probably get more respect if we show up in groups...  
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:01:54 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lemme know!  I are sort of teh noobz too so us noobz will probably get more respect if we show up in groups...  

Neo can't handle beer. I gave 2 cans one night and he was huggin the toilet
all night.
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:27:36 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Neo can't handle beer. I gave Some random pedophile gave Neo2 cans 2 cases one night and he was huggin the toilet
all night.

Let's not forget how old I was Skank...
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 8:37:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:.

The musky stench of Glock love is hanging heavy in the air.

Creepy.
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top