Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/18/2008 9:49:11 PM EDT
Apparently English Pit is having some problems. I saw on their website that the city is annexing the land that English Pit is on and may be trying to close it down. The Vancouver City Officials in charge are holding a public meeting tomorrow and English Pit is asking any gun enthusiasts to show up and voice your support for continued operation.

Read for yourselves on their homepage

http://www.englishpit.com/
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:57:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 6:39:41 AM EDT
[#2]
November 20, 2008 4:30-7pm
Rose Besserman Community Room
Fisher's Landing Transit Station
3510 SE 164th Avenue, Vancouver WA

(On 164th Avenue just off of SR-14)

linky to parking map:
http://www.cityofvancouver.us/upload/images/Planning/Section_30/Parking.pdf
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:05:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Unfortunately I have to work..

I'm surprised that it is still on County land to begin with... I always loved going to wally world on 192nd and hearing the gun fire when the cops were practicing
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 7:52:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Kiss it good bye...

You could have a 1000 people show up.
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 9:26:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Didn't something like this happen in Redmond w. http://www.interlakesporting.org/

BTW does anyone know if Interlake is still operational?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 12:19:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Kiss it good bye...

You could have a 1000 people show up.

x's 2

To much possible revenue to be made from putting homes or comercial buildings in its spot.

Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:07:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Because we don't have enough empty homes/commercial space in the area already?
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 2:37:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Because we don't have enough empty homes/commercial space in the area already?

We have to many guns "On our streets"
Link Posted: 11/19/2008 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
It appears to me that..........Clark Co is NOT interested in the shooting sports.

They just will not fund a facility or have public employees to operate it.

The powers that be have it in their mind(s) that PRIVATE CLUBS will pick up the slack.  

And, sad as it seems, a number of PRIVATE CLUBS just see it as an opportunity to increase membership $.   Not thinking of the shooting sports as a whole or of the next generation of shooters.

There is already waiting lists at the nearby clubs for memberships.  "Daily memberships" are being sold to offset the fact that the county doesn't want to provide sportsmen with a facility owned and operated by the county.

Oh well.......maybe government is too big already?

But, don't worry.  Because, there will always be enough $ for the swimmers, walkers/runners, skate boarders, baseball players, etc.......

Aloha, Mark
Link Posted: 11/20/2008 12:50:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/21/2008 9:06:11 PM EDT
[#11]
English Pit website down??
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top