Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/20/2008 9:09:04 PM EDT

A woman from Austin, who was a tree hugger and an anti-hunter, purchased several acres of Hill Country land, near Lake Travis, Texas.  There was a huge tree on one of the highest points in the tract.  She wanted to view the natural splendor of her land, so she climbed the tree.  As she neared the top, she encountered a spotted owl.  It attacked her!  In her haste to escape, the woman slid down the tree to the ground.  The ensuing fall imbedded several splinters of wood in her crotch.

In considerable pain, she hurried to the nearest doctor, 35 minutes away.  She told him she was an environmentalist and anti-hunter, and how she came to receive all of the splinters.  The doctor listened to her story with great patience.  He then told her to go into the examining room and he would see if he could help.  The impatient patient sat, and waited for three hours before the doctor reappeared.

The angry woman demanded, 'What took you so long?'  He smiled and said, 'Well, I had to get permits from US Environmental Service, the Texas Parks and Wildlife, and Keep Texas Beautiful before I could remove old-growth timber from a recreational area.  I'm sorry, but they turned me down.'

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:17:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Now, that's funny right there, I don't care who you are.....
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:14:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Old growth and spotted owl in Texas huh?
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 8:10:00 AM EDT
[#4]

...nice

Link Posted: 7/21/2008 5:19:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top