Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2008 4:30:03 PM EDT
I've seen where a couple people had mentioned they worked in Canada or were moving to Canada on the forums recently. I received a job offer yesterday in Edmonton that appears to pay well( $10Kish a month if ya include per diem for food-hotel is included in the position) but I'm stumped on the tax question. Would I have to pay income taxes in both countries? Anyone have any experience with working out of the country and income tax issues?  Ive got til the 25th to accept or decline and I figure I'll be calling my accountant to ask his opinion before I decide.  
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:37:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Crap everyone's leaving!
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 6:41:36 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Crap everyone's leaving!

You musta missed the article in Carpenter magazine
In theory, I'll be back in 11 weeks +-
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 7:12:32 PM EDT
[#4]
When my wife was still living there, anything that she made under $80k USD was exempt from income tax on our joint return.

Ask your accountant.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 9:01:19 PM EDT
[#5]
knowing him he'll have about that in 11 weeks or less...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top