Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/5/2008 1:30:50 PM EDT
What's the difference between this toilet and taking a leak outdoors?
Geez. $70,000 bucks for a toilet?
These guys must be related to Mayor Nichols and the city councils moronic multi-million dollar toilet fiasco in downtown Stinkattle. (you know the toilets that were being used by prostitutes and IV drug users)

Mount Rainier to hold ribbon-cutting for toilet
1 hour ago

Wash. — Mount Rainier National Park is holding a ribbon-cutting ceremony Monday to activate a new bio toilet at Cougar Rock Campground.

The $70,000 toilet was donated by Groundwork Mishima, a group that promotes volunteerism at Mount Fuji, which has a "sister mountain" relationship with the park. The toilet was installed with the help of students from the Japanese Volunteers-in-Parks Association.

The toilet uses cedar chips and natural composting to operate with little water or odor.

Heavy snow has delayed the opening of the campground itself until June 13.

2008 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:33:07 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
The $70,000 toilet was donated by Groundwork Mishima, a group that promotes volunteerism at Mount Fuji, which has a "sister mountain" relationship with the park. The toilet was installed with the help of students from the Japanese Volunteers-in-Parks Association.

I see no problem with this.

But I do understand the point you are trying to make.... 70,000 people would have to use it just to make each dump worth a grand.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 1:35:39 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe not the fact that it was a "donation"...but SOMEBODY will have to foot the bill for the upkeep and maintenance. I'm sure that wasn't factored into the equation. Maybe
our FOTT folks will do it for free.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 2:35:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Better than the $1,000,000 per outhouse the City of Seattle is throwing away.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 3:53:36 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But I do understand the point you are trying to make.... 70,000 people would have to use it just to make each dump worth a grand.

Quoted:

So...........uhhhhhhh.........public school for you two??

70,000 X 1,000=70,000,000

70 X 1,000= 70,000

Let me ask ya this:

If there's 30 lions, and 28 sheep, how many lions didn't get to have a sheep snack?

If a 737 crashes on the border of Canada and the US, and only the people on the right side, aft of the wing, and not to include the wing seats, live, where are the survivors buried?

Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:08:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

70,000 X 1,0000=70,000,000

If you're going to take the time to correct someone, you should at least check to make sure your numbers are correct.  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I wish I could have been there to deliver the first load
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:12:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

70,000 X 1,0000=70,000,000

70 X 1,000= 70,000

Let me ask ya this:

If there's 30 lions, and 28 sheep, how many lions didn't get to have a sheep snack?

If a 737 crashes on the border of Canada and the US, and only the people on the right side, aft of the wing, and not to include the wing seats, live, where are the survivors buried?

Uh...um...I wasn't doing any math.  I was simply stating the dollar figure that the Seattle of Seattle spent on each of the five public "self service" restrooms that they are removing.

And yes, public school for me...and proud of it.  I certainly wasn't an altar boy like some!  Good luck in seeking answers to your questions about sheep and such!  
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Would that have been the caliber of load that clogged an airliner shitter?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:44:32 PM EDT
[#9]
I would have to stand right next to it and pee on the ground, just for spite.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:46:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Why would you bury survivors?
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the one in the Witchita Falls, TX Wal-Mart?

ETA:   DUDE!
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Or the one in the Witchita Falls, TX Wal-Mart?

ETA:   DUDE!

Seeing a pattern here. . .
1GR must've clogged his own shitter during the last LCR.
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 9:00:00 PM EDT
[#13]

If you're going to take the time to correct someone, you should at least check to make sure your numbers are correct.  

I don't know what you're talking about. My numbers are fine. Take a look.

Uh...um...I wasn't doing any math.  I was simply stating the dollar figure that the Seattle of Seattle spent on each of the five public "self service" restrooms that they are removing.

And yes, public school for me...and proud of it.  I certainly wasn't an altar boy like some! Good luck in seeking answers to your questions about sheep and such!  

Senstivity a problem or just constant annoyance for ya? You just got lumped in with R-32 'cause his math was faulty and numbers were a skosh off   Lighten up Francis
Link Posted: 6/5/2008 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#14]
If you knew what each of the fireplaces in the inn cost, you'd shit blocks.

ETA: Also, that toilet will be cheaper to run than the ones they pump.  And remember, they just spent $13,000,000 to replace the visitors center that cost $5,000,000 a year to heat...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top