Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/24/2008 6:09:21 PM EDT
Well almost.

My *AHEM* "stimulus check" came on wednesday.  Unfortunately the wife saw it before I did, so I had to split it with her.  Anyway, I had just enough left after the WU's cut to get all the parts for the lower.  The upper will have to wait a little longer.

On order is,
-Magpul MIAD grip
-Magpul UBR
-Magpul trigger Guard
-RRA LPK
-Norgon Ambi Catch
-Ambi Safety
-10 pack of Pmags

I only paid for standard shipping, so god knows how long it's gonna take to get here.  Can't wait to finally get this thing started.

For the upper, the current plans are
-Stag Lefty upper,
-Danial Defense Light rail (probably 9" with low profile gas block, or a 12" if I go middy)
-Troy buis, front and rear (if magpul comes out with their buis first, I may be tempted, but I'm not holding my breath)
-haven't decided between aimpoint or eotech, but I'm leaning towards eotech (just personal preference).
-3x magnifier.
-If I can find one with an ambi bbl extension, I'm considering a med weight stainless 16" middy.

but as long as it has taken to get this lower started (other priorities), the reality is I may have to settle for a standard stag upper
Link Posted: 5/24/2008 8:37:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like fun! Don't scratch it putting in the mag catch pin
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 8:48:07 AM EDT
[#2]
You've got a lot more patience than me. Mine lasted about a week before it was complete. I used a standard parts kit and A2 stock from Stag, then paired it up with a Stag upper and FN barrel I picked up.
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 10:27:34 PM EDT
[#3]
LOL, I wish it was a matter of patience.  I do alot of consulting work, or did.  About the time I bought the lower (with full plans to complete it in about two weeks), three of the four contracts I was working on finalizing fell through, and the other one was put on hold (it's still on hold).  So I had to tighten the belt.  Such is life in the independant contracting world.  When it's good, it's really good, when it's bad, it REALLY sucks!

Link Posted: 5/25/2008 10:49:57 PM EDT
[#4]
You're not the last one to build your Team WA lower so don't worry.  A friend of mine still hasn't ordered a single part for his yet.  (money type issues)
Link Posted: 5/25/2008 11:03:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Pix or the entire thing is BS!  

Link Posted: 5/26/2008 6:05:03 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

#98 here--
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 9:56:51 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Crummy pic, but here it is.
Link Posted: 5/26/2008 9:56:52 PM EDT
[#8]
double tap
Link Posted: 5/31/2008 7:57:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Got the lpk installed.  The trigger is REALLY going to need some work.  Very heavy and lots of creep (typical milspec), but other than that, good stuff.  Now if the UBR ever gets here....

The norgon ambi-catch is a pretty slick unit (as it should be for the price)
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 6:13:25 AM EDT
[#10]
You might find this information helpfull.

LINKY
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:44:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks for the info.  I'm not to keen on cutting up springs and/or bending them (especially since I don't have any spares right now).  So instead, I just lightly polished up the engagement surfaces with a REALLY fine diamond file.  I didn't change any angles or chage the size of the hammer/sear engagement surfaces.  I just got rid of the surface grinder kerf (for lack of a better term) marks.  It got rid of probably 95% of the creep, and lightened the trigger by at least a pound or two.  It's no match trigger, but it's much nicer than it was.  Without a trigger scale, it's hard to say what the weight is, but I'm guessing it's somewhere between 5-6 lbs now.

Still waiting on the UBR.

Link Posted: 6/6/2008 3:17:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok finally finished (at least for now).

Now I just have to find some $$$ for the upper
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top