Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2008 8:42:04 AM EDT
Help me think of a part time job. Now that my busy season is over(retail Call Center) my overtime is non-existant and my checking account it starting to show the results. I generally detail a car or two a week, but this time of year, people arent exacly lined up to get this done. So I have time on my hands with no money to do anything. Just trying to think of anything I could do.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Skillset ?  distance willing to travel ?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:12:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Attend the Wam Bam quickie course I am sure H&R Block offers up for tax preparers and make some extra ca$h doing tax returns for people.

I have no clue what kind of dough they make... but I am pretty sure it's part time if you wish and I doubt they turn away anyone.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:19:51 AM EDT
[#3]
The school district's are always clammering for part-time drivers and subs...  Pays decent enough...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:20:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Basic resume.

B.S. in Managment

3 years working as a front desk person at the university in a customer service roll. Before that managment at Brookstone(retail). Before that I did landscaping on a farm for a summer and making pizzas at a local pizza joint in Ohio. I had a part time job for some time while working at brookstone and the university at a Cigar shop.

Definatly a mix of customer service jobs.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Attend the Wam Bam quickie course I am sure H&R Block offers up for tax preparers and make some extra ca$h doing tax returns for people.

I have no clue what kind of dough they make... but I am pretty sure it's part time if you wish and I doubt they turn away anyone.

Thats not a bad idea at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#6]
For future reference, where are you located and how much do you charge to detail a car?
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I am locatd in Tacoma. Price of detail depends on size of the car and what exacly you would like to have done. Prices start around 125 and the sky is the limit. I dont mind driving for those, distance depends on job.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#8]
You can always sell drugs, or start a meth lab.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 11:58:45 AM EDT
[#9]
Man whoring.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:07:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:11:10 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.

Haha, what do you do at yours? Its not that I  like call centers, but I really like cars, which is what I deal with all day
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:17:39 PM EDT
[#12]
He's a law enforcement and fire department customer service representative with a 3-digit phone #.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#13]
ohh, that would be overtime i am sure...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:38:59 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
He's a law enforcement and fire department customer service representative with a 3-digit phone #.

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Haha, what do you do at yours? Its not that I  like call centers, but I really like cars, which is what I deal with all day

ME TO!...

And Trucks!, I also deal with trucks!
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:41:59 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah, but unfortunatly you hear about there demise...well maybe not the trucks
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:47:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.

Got myself an application coming in February for a job like yours down here in Clark County.  Hopefully, I will get something before then though.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.

Got myself an application coming in February for a job like yours down here in Clark County.  Hopefully, I will get something before then though.

As long as you are willing to give up your social life, and like to live on the edge of Bat-Shit crazy, you should like it.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Help me think of a part time job. ...

I hear Queen Christine is hiring.  Any number of HTF members could fill you in on details.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 2:51:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.

Just make sure to send me your number...
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Change call center's...

Plenty of OT at mine.

Just make sure to send me your number...

Hey now, I'm married......and I know about you and "Cock"....

Link Posted: 1/23/2008 4:54:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Join the Guard or Reserves, it's a part time job with retirement benefits.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:04:11 PM EDT
[#23]
I would hafta sssume that in the winter, calls for pizza delivery go up. There'd be more folks at home, and Superbowl is coming up. Plus, since school is in, prob. some of the summer drivers can't stay out as late. Guess you could always do that part time.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:08:58 PM EDT
[#24]
Find something you like to do and give it a try.  Websites are cheap($5/mo), so if you have a product you can make pretty good money.

Making holster the last couple of months has made me $2K+.  Even with my new job I plan on continuing doing it and shooting for $1K-2k/mo.  Add to that, I'm also going to start working on my Masters Degree.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 5:11:58 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Help me think of a part time job. ...

I hear Queen Christine is hiring.  Any number of HTF members could fill you in on details.

Yep.

Part-time jobs here!

IM me if you have any questions.

Quoted:
Join the Guard or Reserves, it's a part time job with retirement benefits.

Funny you mention that. . .
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Bunchanumbers,

I'm surprised that you didn't post about the parttime job thats your women has. If I needed another income on the side, I'd be calling your house for some info.
Link Posted: 1/23/2008 7:25:21 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I should have IM'd you or called you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top