Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/20/2008 8:35:20 PM EDT
Starting in March I will be the "Quadmiester" (aka: ATV Safety Instructor) for Lynnwood Cycle Barn. It's a fun job that will suppliment my Boeing retirement income. I get to ride quads and get paid for it. I'll also be showing customers how their quads work as well as teaching safety classes. I was told that I'll also be their BBQ cook. Kind'a funny because I didn't put cooking on my resume!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:39:04 PM EDT
[#1]
WTG

Keep us updated on quad sales and when the BBQ starts!
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#2]
CB has always supported the NMA with bike donations and my kid's school with Harley rental donations.  CB rocks.  

Will you be teachin' the quad tardz how to do cookies in the trail head parking lot (cap on backwards so it don blow off)?

Seriously, sounds like a fun job and be sure to not sell any stupid loud exhaust.

(Gawd, I really am a kwad bigot...)  Sorry.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 9:08:17 PM EDT
[#3]
congrats!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 1:03:24 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Starting in March I will be the "Quadmiester" (aka: ATV Safety Instructor) for Lynnwood Cycle Barn. It's a fun job that will suppliment my Boeing retirement income.

I want a job teaching people how to drink beer...

Congrats on finding a job you enjoy!  Egad, what a dream!  If the Army retirement pay was anywhere near a living wage, I'd have a job at a gun shop/range--it was offered, I can't live on what they can pay.
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:30:22 AM EDT
[#5]
Nice job! Discounts?!?!?! Need a new street bike this year
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 6:38:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Starting in March I will be the "Quadmiester" (aka: ATV Safety Instructor) for Lynnwood Cycle Barn. It's a fun job that will suppliment my Boeing retirement income. I get to ride quads and get paid for it. I'll also be showing customers how their quads work as well as teaching safety classes. I was told that I'll also be their BBQ cook. Kind'a funny because I didn't put cooking on my resume!

Isn't it somewhat funny that you have to wait until you RETIRE to get a job that is fun and you enjoy??!?!?!?!

Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:50:31 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Isn't it somewhat funny that you have to wait until you RETIRE to get a job that is fun and you enjoy??!?!?!?!

Not to mention, he also has a couple of posts where he wrecks his quad, or gets hurt on them...

Takes time to build up that resume!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 11:53:59 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Not to mention, he also has a couple of posts where he wrecks his quad, or gets hurt on them...

RedDawg6 OK students I'm only going to do this once, so watch carefully
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:01:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

RedDawg6 OK students I'm only going to do this once, so watch carefully Some one hold my beer and watch this!

Fixed
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:36:34 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1  
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:42:34 PM EDT
[#11]
RedDawg6

Congrats on your new GIG.

Camp chef has some huge bennies as well.

My impression of CB was not so great back in 1999 when I was shopping for a new Harley.

Long story, but the short version is some assclown salesman w/ a foreign accent and a bad attitude cost them a $22K sale. I went to Bellingham Harley and gave them my business.

best of luck
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 12:45:42 PM EDT
[#12]
Let me know if you need a crashtest dummy. I fit the mold quite nicely
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
RedDawg6

Congrats on your new GIG.

Camp chef has some huge bennies as well.

My impression of CB was not so great back in 1999 when I was shopping for a new Harley.

Long story, but the short version is some assclown salesman w/ a foreign accent and a bad attitude cost them a $22K sale. I went to Bellingham Harley and gave them my business.

best of luck

WTF, I wouldn't a hog from a forigner with a bad attitude either!
Link Posted: 1/21/2008 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

best of luck

Pierre?

Long story short, He tried to screw me on a deal too.  I wanted to trade in a jetski on a new bike. tradein value was about 3200, he offered 1500, said retail was 3000.  took about 4 hours to even get that far.  I went home, never been back.  easiest sale he could have made, walked out the door.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top