Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/19/2008 8:14:46 AM EDT
After 4 months of heaven, I just found out I have to go back to california for several years.  My companies holdings are in the trash can, and they believe I am the only guy to fix it...My wife nearly knocked me over packing the SUV and headed out this morning...(Beach girl who thinks 70 is freezing cold...lol).  A buddy has already taken my "evil guns", and I am putting together a Ca legal build right now.

I have a 32in JVC flat screen tube TV and stand on the "everything else" EE boards if anyone is in the King Co. area.

1 warning..ITS HEAVY and I live on the second floor.

I was told I will have my pick of the US when I get things in order down there...ya we will see.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:27:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Sorry. I like to visit, but would never live there. (got family in Santa Rosa)
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 8:51:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Sorry to hear that.

You should propose that your company move to Washington. The East side would be best, lower taxes, less regulation, weather isn't too bad.

Link Posted: 1/19/2008 10:18:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Sorry to hear to that. If nothing else, it's got to be a good feeling knowing that you are considered such a vital employee. Hopefully things eventually work out for both you and your wife.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 11:11:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
After 4 months of heaven, I just found out I have to go back to california for several years.  My companies holdings are in the trash can, and they believe I am the only guy to fix it...My wife nearly knocked me over packing the SUV and headed out this morning...(Beach girl who thinks 70 is freezing cold...lol).  

Smart woman! Life is good when its 70 degrees! Enjoy the sun.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 2:16:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sorry to hear that.

You should propose that your company move to Washington. The East side would be best, lower taxes, less regulation, weather isn't too bad.

Ya like my CEO is going to give up his 12,000 SQFT home in Newport Beach...LOL  Really I think he owns a home here as well...he's really into Starbucks Coffee.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#6]
Tele-commute? It is enviromentally friendly and no company wants to be seen as anti environment. They could save a lot of gas and jet fuel by not making you move,

I went to CA to work for 4 months one winter. I left as soon as I had a wad of cash and the snow had melted at home. I  dont regret leaving that place one bit. Worst 4 months ever spent, I  didnt get to shoot at all the entire time I was there. And the people on the beach in January dressed in parkas with scarves while I was swimming was a lil wierd too.
Link Posted: 1/19/2008 9:19:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like you already know what you need to know, just in case, go to www.calguns.net if you need some more info on your CA-legal builds.

You can make some money if you can/want a CA driver's license, buy a Keltec, a STI frame, etc, that aren't on the CA "safe handgun" roster while still in WA, and sell a couple while you're down in CA.  The only way they get them is from people moving in from a free state, like you, or if an LEO knows that the law allows them to buy any handgun from a dealer, on or off the roster, and then later decides to sell it privately, which still has to go through a dealer.
Link Posted: 1/20/2008 5:58:28 PM EDT
[#8]
I'LL say a prayer for ya. MC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top