Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/2/2007 9:23:41 AM EDT
I went to the gunshow at the Centralia fair grounds this weekend and was left wondering about something.  When a person buys a gun there, even a private sale they have to fill out a sales form (not just the atf form for a new gun) in order to get out the door. Name,  Drivers license number, serial number etc.  I was just curious what do the sellers do with this form?
Thanks.
Eric
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Stokes would be the person to ask.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 12:32:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Thats the promoters deal. I would think sellers are welcome to do whatever they want with the info, ideally burn it but I'm sure some paranoid individuals keep them forever in the unlikely event the police ever come ask what happened to a gun they papered.
Dealers need to keep the 4473 and handgun forms obviously, but the rest of us are exempt from record keeping, legally.
Some shows require colored stickers on the weapons you bring in and a seperate color for one you sold going out. Its an effort to keep stolen guns from leaving the show, but Im not sure how they can tell the difference between one someone brought in and didn't sell and ones that been stolen, as they would both have the same sticker on them. Not to mention the cheap stickers they buy seem to always fall off the guns.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top