BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 11/25/2007 8:16:37 PM EDT

NEW BUCHANAN BOOK DECLARES 'END OF AMERICA'
Sun Nov 25 2007 20:40:15 ET

**Exclusive**

"America is coming apart, decomposing, and...the likelihood of her survival as one nation...is improbable -- and impossible if America continues on her current course," declares Pat Buchanan. "For we are on a path to national suicide."

The best-selling author and former presidential candidate is on the eve of launching his new epic book: DAY OR RECKONING: HOW HUBRIS, IDEOLOGY AND GREED ARE TEARING AMERICA APART.

This time, Buchanan goes all the way:

"America is in an existential crisis from which the nation may not survive."

The U.S. Army is breaking and is too small to meet America’s global commitments.

The dollar has sunk to historic lows and is being abandoned by foreign governments.

U.S. manufacturing is being hollowed out.

The greatest invasion in history, from the Third World, is swamping the ethno-cultural core of the country, leading to Balkanization and the loss of the Southwest to Mexico.

The culture is collapsing and the nation is being deconstructed along the lines of race and class.

A fiscal crisis looms as the unfunded mandates of Social Security and Medicare remain unaddressed.

All these crises are hitting America at once -- a perfect storm of crises.

Specifically, Buchanan contends:

• Pax Americana, the era of U.S. global dominance, is over. A struggle for global hegemony has begun among the United States, China, a resurgent Russia and radical Islam

• Bush’s invasion of Iraq was a product of hubris and of ideology, a secular religion of “democratism,” to which Bush was converted in the days following 9/11

• Torn asunder by a culture war, America has now begun to break down along class, ethnic and racial lines.

• The greatest threat to U.S. sovereignty and independence is the scheme of a global elite to erase America’s borders and merge the USA, Mexico and Canada into a North American Union.

• Free trade is shipping jobs, factories and technology to China and plunging America into permanent dependency and unpayable debt. One of every six U.S. manufacturing jobs vanished under Bush

• “Sovereign Wealth Funds,” controlled by foreign regimes and stuffed with trillions of dollars from U.S. trade deficits, are buying up strategic corporate assets vital to America’s security

• As U.S. wages are stagnant, corporate CEOs are raking in rising pay and benefits 400 to 500 times that of their workers

• The Third World invasion through Mexico is a graver threat to our survival as one nation than anything happening in Afghanistan or Iraq

* European-Americans, 89% of the nation when JFK took the oath, are now 66% and sinking. Before 2050, America is a Third World nation

• By 2060, America will add 167 million people and 105 million immigrants will be here, triple the 37 million today.

• Hispanics will be over 100 million in 2050 and concentrated in a Southwest most Mexicans believe belongs to them

Buchanan’s Recommendations:

• A new foreign-defense policy that closes most of the 1000 bases overseas, reviews all alliances, and brings home U.S. troops

• A purge of neoconservative ideology and the “Cakewalk” crowd” from national power.

• To avert a second Cold War, the United States should “get out of Russia’s space and get out of Russia’s face,” and shut down all U.S. bases on the soil of the former Soviet Union

• To reach a cold peace in the culture war, Buchanan urges a return to federalism and the overthrow of our judicial dictatorship by Congressionally mandated restrictions on the jurisdiction of the Supreme Court.

• To end the trade deficits and save the dollar, Buchanan urges a Hamiltonian solution: a 20% Border Equity Tax on imports, with the $500 billion raised to be used to end taxation on American producers

• To prevent America becoming “a tangle of squabbling nationalities” Buchanan urges: No amnesty for the 12-20 million illegal aliens; a border fence from San Diego to Brownsville; Congressional declarations that children born to illegal aliens are not citizens and English is the language of the United States; and a “timeout” on all immigration.

Developing...

www.drudgereport.com/flash9pb.htm

Just trying to make RedDawg6 feel more at home....
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm afraid Buchanen may be right on a number of his points.

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:49:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Hasn't Strat been screaming this shit from the rooftops for years?
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:50:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Hasn't Strat been screaming this shit from the rooftops for years?

Well, yes, actually.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:51:59 PM EDT
[#4]
I find it hard to disagee with many points made there.
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#5]

15 The merchants of these things, who are rich through her, will be standing afar off because of the fear of her torment, lamenting and mourning,
16 saying, 'Woe! woe! the great city clothed in cambric and purple and scarlet, and gilded with gold and precious stones, and pearl,
17 for in one hour was desolated so much riches!' "And every navigator, and every one who is sailing at the place, and mariners and whoever are working on the sea, stand afar off,
18 and, observing the smoke of her conflagration, they cried, saying, 'Is there any like this great city?'
19 And they cast soil on their heads, and cried, lamenting and mourning, saying, 'Woe! Woe! the great city, by which all who have ships on the sea are rich as a result of its preciousness, for in one hour it was desolated!'

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:02:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Time to buy more bullets....
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2007 9:41:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.photobucket.com/albums/i188/shooter521/misc%20guns/training.jpg

I dont remember your property looking like that...
Link Posted: 11/25/2007 10:04:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 12:00:17 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
www.drudgereport.com/flash9pb.htm

Just trying to make RedDawg6 feel more at home....

Thanks Bunny, I feel vindicated now!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:22:13 AM EDT
[#11]
I don't agree with everything Strat or Buchanan says, but they do make some good points. See my latest blog post for some recent articles that really bug me.

Land stolen from a Colorado couple. UAV's being used for domestic surveillance, tracking cellphones without adequate probable cause, forced immunizations and blood test on unwilling children? This doesn't sound like the America I know.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:53:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I don't agree with everything Strat or Buchanan says, but they do make some good points. See my latest blog post for some recent articles that really bug me.

Land stolen from a Colorado couple. UAV's being used for domestic surveillance, tracking cellphones without adequate probable cause, forced immunizations and blood test on unwilling children? This doesn't sound like the America I know.

I looked at your BLOG. You say there are no presidental candidates who are willing to address the issues we are facing. I suggest hat you check out Ron Paul. He is the one and only constitutionalist who is running for president. His support is growing by leaps and bounds as more and more people are getting his message. Here's his website:
www.ronpaul2008.com
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:34:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Militia, join or die !
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#14]
So I won't die if I join?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:58:08 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:53:06 AM EDT
[#16]
Can't say as I agree with everything Mr. Buchanan said, but I agree with a lot of it.

+1 on the bullets.  I think Buchanan would probably agree with that sentiment.  You know, he and Hunter Thompson had a good working relationship, when HST was covering the '72 election.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 8:56:43 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Militia, join or die !

So, when do we raid Phil's for ammo?
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:04:48 AM EDT
[#18]
All I need is some .22 and some .38 and I'll be set
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:53:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Militia, join or die !
Join and you will die .........of gross weight gain and  old age waiting for something to happen....
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#20]
Sounds to me like dying is in our forecast no matter what.  Like there is no way to cheat death...hmmmm, interesting
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:05:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Militia, join or die !

Prove it.  Prove I will die if I don't join.  Is this your idea of how to win friends and influence people?

I want your own words, not anecdotes from the founding fathers.  Not everyone that was against or neutral on America's independence from Mother England was considered a traitor or deserving of death.  Some folks just want to be left alone by both sides to succeed or fail on their own. to make deals with or avoid who they wish, as they deem appropriate for their family.

This "all or nothing" bullshit is bullshit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:35:35 PM EDT
[#22]
Did any of you see the video of Judge Andrew Napolitano speaking at the future freedom foundation?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=35yhSifZ5jI&feature=related

It seems to match up with what Pat has to say and This one from a similar forum...
www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0LvtQAQ6sc

I'll have to admit, I'm concerned and trying to wake up as many of my friends as possible. Your next vote really counts. (or at least I hope it does)

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:38:36 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Militia, join or die !

Prove it.  Prove I will die if I don't join.  Is this your idea of how to win friends and influence people?

I want your own words, not anecdotes from the founding fathers.  Not everyone that was against or neutral on America's independence from Mother England was considered a traitor or deserving of death.  Some folks just want to be left alone by both sides to succeed or fail on their own. to make deals with or avoid who they wish, as they deem appropriate for their family.

Don't worry. When they get you, you'll know.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 4:59:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:07:42 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Don't go throwing logic, reason & foresight in to the argument.

You have a way of bringing out the unapologetic in me.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#26]

Ah yes, the all too often demand to be convinced that the common sense and common history of the last thousand years is in the interest of the individual.

True fire-arms did change history, fire-arms are the great equalizer and allow the individual to defend himself from another that is physically more powerful, but a rifle alone can not protect the individual from a militarized force, for that it takes organization of a community.

It is most important to discern the times we are living in now, the veneer of modern society is very thin, it relies on a very fragile transportation system and something as simple as a storm stops it but the developing storm now is much more destructive to current civilization than bad weather, for this storm front impacts every aspect of 21st century America.

The solution is simple, organize your friends and neighbors along with the absolute God-send of radio communications or go it alone and die alone, your choice.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:41:34 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Ah yes, the all too often demand to be convinced that the common sense and common history of the last thousand years is in the interest of the individual.

True fire-arms did change history, fire-arms are the great equalizer and allow the individual to defend himself from another that is physically more powerful, but a rifle alone can not protect the individual from a militarized force, for that it takes organization of a community.

It is most important to discern the times we are living in now, the veneer of modern society is very thin, it relies on a very fragile transportation system and something as simple as a storm stops it but the developing storm now is much more destructive to current civilization than bad weather, for this storm front impacts every aspect of 21st century America.

The solution is simple, organize your friends and neighbors along with the absolute God-send of radio communications or go it alone and die alone, your choice.

So...stick to the original plan our founding fathers envisioned and upgrade your security as best you can.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:50:17 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
So...stick to the original plan our founding fathers envisioned and upgrade your security as best you can.

At the founding of this nation the militia and minute men were demanded by law, if you did not have the basic kit of rifle and sixty rounds of ammo&powder flask and flint you would the fined the price of the kit, it was also designed so you could not barrow your neighbors rifle for muster and then give it back later.

Assembling on the green is the well regulated part of the second amendment, idea being not under direct state ontrol both for local survival but being available for state call up in case of invasion or insurrection.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 6:58:48 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Brinks anyone!

Cultural failure is inevitable, its what happens after that makes history what it is, or something like that
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brinks anyone!

Cultural failure is inevitable, its what happens after that makes history what it is, or something like that

Cultural failure happened in Ruwanda with the loss 800,000 in 100 days, one community there established english as the common language and armed themselves with fire-arms, the crime and genocide did not come near them, they survivied quite well.

The boyscout motto of be prepared is sage advice now more than ever.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 7:33:40 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Brinks anyone!

Cultural failure happened in Ruwanda with the loss 800,000 in 100 days, one community there established english as the common language and armed themselves with fire-arms, the crime and genocide did not come near them, they survivied quite well.

The boyscout motto of be prepared is sage advice now more than ever.

agree 100%

its the unity that becomes difficult to organize before the disaster
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:11:44 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

That is precisely the problem that I have, both with the blindness of my neighbors, and with Strat's "all or nothing, join or die" comments.  The Militia will have to deal with me as much on my terms as I on theirs.  If there is no fair give and take, then how different will they be from the oppression they say they are "relieving" me of, asking me to help them fight?

I want freedom, even the freedom to say "No, thanks, I don't like your ideas/ideals either.  Please leave us alone, unless you can/want to simply help me to keep my thoughtless, unprepared neighbors from taking what is mine."
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:20:20 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is precisely the problem that I have, both with the blindness of my neighbors, and with Strat's "all or nothing, join or die" comments.  The Militia will have to deal with me as much on my terms as I on theirs.  If there is no fair give and take, then how different will they be from the oppression they say they are "relieving" me of, asking me to help them fight?

I want freedom, even the freedom to say "No, thanks, I don't like your ideas/ideals either.  Please leave us alone, unless you can/want to simply help me to keep my thoughtless, unprepared neighbors from taking what is mine."

Cutting off nose to spite face huh, you and your neighbors are the militia, if you will not defend yourself and community there is something very wrong with you.

Conditions or the reality of the situation dictates what you will and won't do, personel opinions likes and dislikes mean nothing.

Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:37:11 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If there is ever a break down in law and order, "Please" would be the last word out of your mouth.

The criminals and marauders won't be asking for anything.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:40:02 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Yup, those people are what we commonly refer to as "Sheeple"!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 9:43:10 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

When you die we'll split your gear!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:04:20 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

People that won't choose sides because they don't want anything to do with what the sides are offering?  So I will be required to pick the lesser of any/all of the evils presented to me, or suffer death at the hands of those that say they are giving me something better than I had?

No, that is not freedom.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:05:13 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
When you die we'll split your gear!

Finally, people that want to fight over me (or at least mine!)!!
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:14:32 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

People that won't choose sides because they don't want anything to do with what the sides are offering?  So I will be required to pick the lesser of any/all of the evils presented to me, or suffer death at the hands of those that say they are giving me something better than I had?

No, that is not freedom.

Agree with you on this - But I'd probably end up having to pick a side if continually presented with a moral choice.

Sorry to jump in on your thread before, I just got all spun up and it seemed like you guys might benefit from the links - my bad.
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 10:32:49 PM EDT
[#40]
Don't worry Dan, I'm your neighbor by about 4 or 5 miles as the bird flies
Link Posted: 11/26/2007 11:02:55 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Don't worry Dan, I'm your neighbor by about 4 or 5 miles as the bird flies

He may even loan you his Cock Glock.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 6:22:40 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, those people are what we commonly refer to as "Sheeple"![/quote]SO what does that make the militia? The sheepdog, the wolf or more than lilkely the opportunisitic coyote???
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:28:34 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 8:49:13 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 9:53:32 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
+1

I sit back sometimes and think about how much I agree with a lot of militia-type members here on the forum. Similar opinions on a lot of stuff.

Then I read their posts, and realize I may need to re-check my thinking.

Hard to really disagree with that.  I'm automatically suspicious of anyone who frames things in entirely black and white terms.  The older (and fatter) I get, the more I realize the world is a complicated place.  Lots of times, the right action in one set of circumstances might not be the right action in another.

I really agree with Strat that the 'militia' is you and your neighbors.  I agree with the idea that, in these weird times, it's ultimately up to you and your neighbors to look after each other.  And I agree with the idea that it's a lot easier to stay alive with someone watching your six.

But I have a harder time accepting the absolutist idea of 'join or die.'  It might be a slogan from the American Revolution, but it's one of those sentences that has a lot of possible meanings, broadly divided into 'join or you will die at the hands of sinister outside sources,' and 'join or you will die at the hands of the militia.'  Who you are in non-interweb life will probably have a lot to do with what meaning you take away from the slogan.

I'm happy to have my weapons and ammunition, though I struggle to find time, space, and money to stay as proficient as I ought.  I'm happy to speak with, and get to know my neighbors; something I've come to relatively late in life.  And I'm happy to work on forging bonds of trust with friends and neighbors, new and old, distant and near.  All these things will do no harm, and might do some good.

But I will not accept that the world is a black and white proposition.  It's a damn complicated, messy place.  If a neighbor wants to live differently than I do, that's his affair.  I'll let him go his way, and I'll remain courteous to him.  I'll also be ready to gun him down, if he tries to hurt me or my family, 'cause that's how I roll.  But I won't ask him to accept my set of beliefs at the peril of death.

Wherever that puts me, that's where I am.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 10:00:00 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's probably the oddest labeling of someone as a sheep that I've ever seen.

+1

I sit back sometimes and think about how much I agree with a lot of militia-type members here on the forum. Similar opinions on a lot of stuff.

Honestly, a lot of his posts do that to me...
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 10:13:32 AM EDT
[#47]
Some back ground on the use of the phrase.

Franklin sketched, carved, and published the first known political cartoon in an American newspaper. It was the image of a snake cut into eight sections. The sections represented the individual colonies and the curves of the snake suggested the coastline. New England was combined into one section as the head of the snake. South Carolina was at the tail. Beneath the snake were the ominous words "Join, or Die."

This had nothing to do with independence from Britain. It was a plea for unity in defending the colonies during the French and Indian War. It played off a common superstition of the time: a snake that had been cut into pieces could come back to life if you joined the sections together before sunset.

The snake illustration was reprinted throughout the colonies. Dozens of newspapers from Massachusetts to South Carolina ran Franklin's sketch or some variation of it. For example, the Boston Gazette recreated the snake with the words "Unite and Conquer" coming from its mouth. [

What were puritans doing with an old indian myth ? they believed in the scritpural mandate of

"Do not let the sun set on your anger with your brother"
 Americans have long had a tradition of adopting motto's and changing their meaning to their own purposes as with many groups a symbol can have many different interpretations not associated with the original.

Hoka Hey

"Resolved unanimously, As our opposition to the settled plan of the British administration to enslave America will be strengthened by a union of all ranks of men in this province, we do most earnestly recommend that all former differences about religion or politics, and all private animosities and quarrels of every kind, from henceforth cease and be forever buried in oblivion; and we entreat, we conjure every man by his duty to God, his country, and his posterity, cordially to unite in defense of our common rights and liberties."

Resolution of the Maryland Deputies, December 12, 1774
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 10:21:21 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's probably the oddest labeling of someone as a sheep that I've ever seen.

+1

Agreed. I am a firm believer in being prepared in material, training and mindset, but I take exception to some of the broad statements made by the militia types. Maybe clarification is in order so we can get an idea of what "join or die" means, as they are saying it. But as it stands now, I take said comments as "you are with us or against us...period", and am planning accordingly.
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 12:57:34 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Hoka Hey

"Resolved unanimously, As our opposition to the settled plan of the British administration to enslave America will be strengthened by a union of all ranks of men in this province, we do most earnestly recommend that all former differences about religion or politics, and all private animosities and quarrels of every kind, from henceforth cease and be forever buried in oblivion; and we entreat, we conjure every man by his duty to God, his country, and his posterity, cordially to unite in defense of our common rights and liberties."

Well, now it's starting to make a little sense.  This is much more attractive than "Join or Die".

Why didn't you run with something like this in the first place?
Link Posted: 11/27/2007 1:15:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hoka Hey

Well, now it's starting to make a little sense.  This is much more attractive than "Join or Die".

Why didn't you run with something like this in the first place?

Probably 'cuz he just wanted to piss you off!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top