Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2007 8:50:54 AM EDT
hi Guys,
I am new to gun/ar15, shot about 200 rounds through my new toy in the past 2 weeks in Issaquah and Kenmore, and I have a feeling that AR15 or any type of assault rifles aren't too welcome, especially in Kenmore. (one of the range master is rude)
I don't blame them, because the blow back and brass flying everywhere....
so where do you guys shoot at? is there any range that i don't have to worry about being the only d*ck hitting people with my brass?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:57:41 AM EDT
[#1]
First take a cardboard box and set it to the right of your weapon, position it so the brass hits the box. (easier to clean up also) I put a mag or box of ammo in the bottom of the box so it doesn't move. If it is left handed adapt the idea to fit.

Cascade and SVRC are good ranges depending on where you live. You have to be a member or guest though. I know Renton is fairly friendly but don't know about member verses pay to shoot.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:05:20 AM EDT
[#2]
issaquah is a good range, the gal that works there loves to check out all the new toys. she just loves my ps-90.  there they also have screens you can put up next to your ejection port to deflect any brass. i have never been to kenmore, but have only heard about their excessive rules (one round in the gun only) and currently im working on a job in seattle where the general contractors super is a range master at kenmore. after talking with him i dont know if ill ever go there. get this he doesnt believe that anyone should be able to own military style items, especially NVD.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:55:05 AM EDT
[#3]
height=8
Quoted:
issaquah is a good range, the gal that works there loves to check out all the new toys. she just loves my ps-90.  there they also have screens you can put up next to your ejection port to deflect any brass. i have never been to kenmore, but have only heard about their excessive rules (one round in the gun only) and currently im working on a job in seattle where the general contractors super is a range master at kenmore. after talking with him i dont know if ill ever go there. get this he doesnt believe that anyone should be able to own military style items, especially NVD.

I kinda like the idea of one round at a time, since training is not required to get into the range, I feel safter knowing the "new" guy next to me can't do that much damage by having only one round in his gun.
however, it's the range master that bothers me.  The second time i was there, the range master helped me set up a wooden deflector after a few brass hit the guy next to me.  he then came back to me and asked " how many came back at ya?" I replied "all of them", then he said "that's what you get for getting that kind of rifle" in a joking/sarcastic way.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 10:06:29 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I kinda like the idea of one round at a time, since training is not required to get into the range, I feel safter knowing the "new" guy next to me can't do that much damage by having only one round in his gun.

yeah, you need to come to an LCR
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:30:12 PM EDT
[#5]
First of all, quit using the term "assault rifle".

I've never shot at Kenmore but they host Highpower Rifle matches there so they can't be too anti.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:09:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
First of all, quit using the term "assault rifle"
+1

www.tacticaltailor.com has a great brass deflector that sends your brass straight down.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:22:28 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
First of all, quit using the term "assault rifle"
+1

www.tacticaltailor.com has a great brass deflector that sends your brass straight down.

www.tacticaltailor.com/ProductImages/weaponaccessories/BrassDeflector_Handle_Rail3_narrow.jpg

+2

or get a brass catcher...cheap
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top