Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 7:59:37 PM EDT
Okay, seeing as the Army has me on leave because of the Baby, and I can't sit in the babys hospital room all day long (the alarms and machines beeping get to you after awhile; I hear them in my sleep now). I decided to finish up one of my current builds.
Stats:
SNS "Skull and Crossbones" Receiver
Shorty Law Enforcement stock from Model One.
DPMS Lower Parts Kit (Damn you Marys Pistols!)
Tear Drop Forward Bolt Assist from Deltons
A-1 Upper (Oly Blemish) from  J&S
Alum Free Float Tube, 16" Feather Weight Barrel(without Flash Suppresor or Bayonet Lug), Charging Handle, Bolt & Carrier all from Oly

A whole bunch of Duracoat (two more colors will be added tommorow)
Craft Supplies from Joanne Fabrics,
And you get this, My 9 Year old Daughters new AR-15:

I've got some touch-up work to do tommorow, but you might have to wait for a range report because I don't know if I've got the stones to take it to a range!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#1]
that is out friggen standing. Ive got an 11 year old kid sister that this gives me all kinds of ideas for. If youre gonna shoot it on the MWR range, hit me up if you need a battle buddy/I want to be there, lol. Plus I need an excuse to sight in my Millet on my FAL.

-Rgrs
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:49:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Very nice
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:56:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:24:10 PM EDT
[#4]
thats cool. looks a little too much like a toy for my taste.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 9:29:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Don't they all?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 10:30:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:You ain't got a hair on your ass unless you take it to the base range.

Post range.
He's a soldier, he's assigned to a post.

MPScout:  Thanks a lot, now Mrs. Drang wants one, and I probably have to do one for our niece.

OK, just for you then...

You dont have hair-1 on your ass if you dont take it to a range on POST..

In fact BONUS points if you take a pic of yourself in full Battle Rattle, with that rifle on a pop-up range with other soldiers also in Battle Rattle.... Or pulling air guard in the back of a vehicle ( Also in Full Battle Rattle) with that rifle.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 12:26:03 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Which is why Bloomberg wants to outlaw paint for guns.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 1:54:23 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post range.

MPScout:  Thanks a lot, now Mrs. Drang wants one, and I probably have to do one for our niece.

OK, just for you then...

In fact BONUS points if you take a pic of yourself in full Battle Rattle, with that rifle on a pop-up range with other soldiers also in Battle Rattle.... Or pulling air guard in the back of a vehicle ( Also in Full Battle Rattle) with that rifle.

I SECOND THIS CHALLANGE!!!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Range Report w/pics or BAN!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:04:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Post range.

OK, just for you then...

I SECOND THIS CHALLANGE!!!

I say he takes it with him next time his unit does weapons qualification.

As for the Base - Post thing.  As I understand it, soon it'll all be one big airforce base anyways.  AIM HIGH MPSCOUT!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:03:40 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
As for the Base - Post thing.  As I understand it, soon it'll all be one big airforce base anyways.  AIM HIGH MPSCOUT!

That whole Joint base thing is ghey...
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I'm on leave for another 26 days, and I don't plan on putting on a uniform until then. I've got a nice beard going already, don't make me waste that!
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 6:12:12 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm on leave for another 26 days, and I don't plan on putting on a uniform until then. I've got a nice beard going already, don't make me waste that!

1–8. Hair and fingernail standards and grooming policies
a. Hair.
(1) General. The requirement for hair grooming standards is necessary to maintain uniformity within a military
population. Many hairstyles are acceptable, as long as they are neat and conservative. It is not possible to address every
acceptable hairstyle, or what constitutes eccentric or conservative grooming. Therefore, it is the responsibility of
leaders at all levels to exercise good judgment in the enforcement of Army policy. All soldiers will comply with the
hair, fingernail, and grooming policies while in any military uniform or while in civilian clothes on duty.
(a) Leaders will judge the appropriateness of a particular hairstyle by the appearance of headgear when worn.
Soldiers will wear headgear as described in the applicable chapters of this regulation. Headgear will fit snugly and
comfortably, without distortion or excessive gaps. Hairstyles that do not allow soldiers to wear the headgear properly,
or that interfere with the proper wear of the protective mask or other protective equipment, are prohibited.
(b) Extreme, eccentric, or trendy haircuts or hairstyles are not authorized. If soldiers use dyes, tints, or bleaches,
they must choose those that result in natural hair colors. Colors that detract from a professional military appearance are
prohibited. Therefore, soldiers should avoid using colors that result in an extreme appearance. Applied hair colors that
are prohibited include, but are not limited to, purple, blue, pink, green, orange, bright (fire-engine) red, and fluorescent
or neon colors. It is the responsibility of leaders to use good judgment in determining if applied colors are acceptable,
based upon the overall effect on soldiers’ appearance.
(c) Soldiers who have a texture of hair that does not part naturally may cut a part into the hair. The part will be one
straight line, not slanted or curved, and will fall in the area where the soldier would normally part the hair. Soldiers
will not cut designs into their hair or scalp.
(2) Male haircuts will conform to the following standards.
(a) The hair on top of the head must be neatly groomed. The length and bulk of the hair may not be excessive or
present a ragged, unkempt, or extreme appearance. The hair must present a tapered appearance. A tapered appearance
is one where the outline of the soldier’s hair conforms to the shape of the head, curving inward to the natural
termination point at the base of the neck. When the hair is combed, it will not fall over the ears or eyebrows, or touch
the collar, except for the closely cut hair at the back of the neck. The block-cut fullness in the back is permitted to a
moderate degree, as long as the tapered look is maintained. In all cases, the bulk or length of hair may not interfere
with the normal wear of headgear (see para 1–8a(1)(a), above) or protective masks or equipment. Males are not
authorized to wear braids, cornrows, or dreadlocks (unkempt, twisted, matted, individual parts of hair) while in uniform
or in civilian clothes on duty. Hair that is clipped closely or shaved to the scalp is authorized.
(b) Males will keep sideburns neatly trimmed. Sideburns may not be flared; the base of the sideburn will be a cleanshaven,
horizontal line. Sideburns will not extend below the lowest part of the exterior ear opening.
(c) Males will keep their face clean-shaven when in uniform or in civilian clothes on duty. Mustaches are permitted;
if worn, males will keep mustaches neatly trimmed, tapered, and tidy. Mustaches will not present a chopped off or
bushy appearance, and no portion of the mustache will cover the upper lip line or extend sideways beyond a vertical
line drawn upward from the corners of the mouth (see figure 1–1). Handlebar mustaches, goatees, and beards are not
authorized.
If appropriate medical authority prescribes beard growth, the length required for medical treatment must be
specified. For example, “The length of the beard will not exceed 1⁄4 inch” (see TB MED 287). Soldiers will keep the
growth trimmed to the level specified by appropriate medical authority, but they are not authorized to shape the growth
into goatees, or “Fu Manchu” or handlebar mustaches.

1–13. Wear of civilian clothing
a. Civilian clothing is authorized for wear when off duty, unless the wear is prohibited by the installation
commander in CONUS or by the MACOM commander overseas. Commanders down to unit level may restrict the
wear of civilian clothes by those soldiers who have had their pass privileges revoked, under the provisions of AR
600–8–10.
b. When on duty in civilian clothes, Army personnel will conform to the appearance standards in this regulation,
unless specifically exempted by the commander for specific mission requirements.

I certainly hope your CO signed off on a beard being part of your mission requirements.  I certainly NEVER grew a beard while on leave.  You are an NCO in the United States Army! I expect you to set a shining example of professionalism on or off duity.

Link Posted: 10/10/2007 9:57:01 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Blah Blah Blah, Army Regs, Blah BLah Blah

I certainly hope your CO signed off on a beard being part of your mission requirements.  I certainly NEVER grew a beard while on leave.  You are an NCO in the United States Army! I expect you to set a shining example of professionalism on or off duity.

There's been three times in the past 12 years of Army life when I've been able to grow a beard: When I was working under-cover with MPI; When I was in Afghanistan; and now. Let me enjoy something you take for granted.
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Have you posted this in the Team Forum yet?
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 1:39:34 AM EDT
[#16]
Shit, I'd take that to my AFQC thingie* this Sunday at North Fort.

*Air Force Qualification Course = Where every other year, you get to fire an M16A2 at reduced targets at 25 meters.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 3:46:42 AM EDT
[#17]
Ahem,,  

? should the forum expect that Bunchanumbers borrow aformentioned  Pink Rifle, ? , ? to do said Quals ?

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:22:52 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 5:28:13 AM EDT
[#19]
To be honest, I bet one could get away with just walking down town with that, "out in the open" and not even be hassled by the sheep and popo. It totally looks like a little girls toy which may be great for under cover in plain sight, with your little one carrying it of course.
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 6:55:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

*Air Force Qualification Course = Where every other year, you get to fire an M16A2 at reduced targets at 25 meters.

Link Posted: 10/11/2007 8:29:05 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What Range #, and what time?

ETA: Page Two Ownage of my own Thread!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top