Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/8/2007 6:23:36 PM EDT
I checked and it was a year ago tomorrow that the thread was started last year. Is there enough interest this year in a Christmas get together? Gift Exchange? While Elephant this year or name drawing. Lets come up with some idea's.  Last  year was a LOT of fun (Sorry for those who got pooped on though...remind me who your secret santa was and I will make sure they are not included this year!!!)  Location this year? Any and all idea's are welcome.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:26:51 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Mrs and I are in...

Is it a gift exchange (secret santa) where we draw names and you bring a true gift, say $10 or $20 limit...

Or a White elephant, where you bring some sort of random crap from your garage and everyone picks in order and you can steal someones crap?

I'm in......true gift exchange...no passing off junk......unless you draw R-32..than anything goes.

Previously I drew names and IM'd everyone with their person. I was thinking we could do that or everyone who wants to participate in the gift part of the get together can bring a gift and drawn #'s once we get there. Then the 1st person opens a gift, then the 2nd person can choose to steal that gift, or open one of thier own. A gift can only be stolen 3 times and then it's frozen, then after everyone has opened a gift the 1st person gets to choose from any of the open gifts that are not frozen.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:28:46 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I was thinking we could do that or everyone who wants to participate in the gift part of the get together can bring a gift and drawn #'s once we get there. Then the 1st person opens a gift, then the 2nd person can choose to steal that gift, or open one of thier own. A gift can only be stolen 3 times and then it's frozen, then after everyone has opened a gift the 1st person gets to choose from any of the open gifts that are not frozen.  

That's like the ones I get drug to.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:29:00 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
The Mrs and I are in...

Is it a gift exchange (secret santa) where we draw names and you bring a true gift, say $10 or $20 limit...  $35.00Or a White elephant, where you bring some sort of random crap from your garage and everyone picks in order and you can steal someones crap?

Fixt
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:30:18 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm more of a fan of the matched names etc.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:32:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

No, really you're not.  

Don't make me look for quotes.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:35:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Welllllll, I'd love to but I can't say for sure. A date would give me an idea of whether or not I could make it...
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:37:29 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The Mrs and I are in...

Is it a gift exchange (secret santa) where we draw names and you bring a true gift, say $10 or $20 limit...

Or a White elephant, where you bring some sort of random crap from your garage and everyone picks in order and you can steal someones crap?

I'm in......true gift exchange...no passing off junk......unless you draw R-32..than anything goes.

Previously I drew names and IM'd everyone with their person. I was thinking we could do that or everyone who wants to participate in the gift part of the get together can bring a gift and drawn #'s once we get there. Then the 1st person opens a gift, then the 2nd person can choose to steal that gift, or open one of thier own. A gift can only be stolen 3 times and then it's frozen, then after everyone has opened a gift the 1st person gets to choose from any of the open gifts that are not frozen.  

My family does that....and I [for some reason or another] usually get the box of dog biscuits
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:11:18 PM EDT
[#9]
I like the steal thing.  Just like Craigs List.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:15:06 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Welllllll, I'd love to but I can't say for sure. A date would give me an idea of whether or not I could make it...

Thats not really a problem... a few get delayed due to not being able to meet up... but they get to where they're going...

Im in for matched names from a hat
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:22:04 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, really you're not.  

Well he don't like Secret Santa, he didn't even get the lump of coal!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, really you're not.  

I like the idea of it being "secret"  I'd just rather shop for someone in particular.  As for my experience last year, given the source, I should have expected as much.  In the end....[markm]these things happen[/markm]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:48:41 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, really you're not.  

I like the idea of it being "secret"  I'd just rather shop for someone in particular.  As for my experience last year, given the source, I should have expected as much.  In the end....[markm]these things happen[/markm]

Ok I do a +1 on that then.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:03:22 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thats not really a problem... a few get delayed due to not being able to meet up... but they get to where they're going...

Im in for matched names from a hat

Well for the exchange I'm in.. I thought we were talking a get together
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Hey, how about we send giftsd to guys that are deployed.........

"HI" from Iraq
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:52:41 AM EDT
[#16]

How goes it?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:03:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Place and method same as last year? We're in.
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 6:36:34 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Hey, how about we send giftsd to guys that are deployed.........

"HI" from Iraq

Let us know what you need!  
And no sending sand back!

Link Posted: 10/9/2007 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#19]
So would you guys want to do it as a "secret" santa thing again this year, or have the names matched & posted in one thread?
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:00:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So would you guys want to do it as a "secret" santa thing again this year, or have the names matched & posted in one thread?

NEW POLL!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 5:41:16 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

NEW POLL!

done
Link Posted: 10/10/2007 8:40:30 AM EDT
[#22]
I'm in for the same silliness we had last year. But, only if Phil wears the pirate shirt!
Link Posted: 10/11/2007 9:08:26 AM EDT
[#23]
im in if i get invited. never met any of you before would like to get to know some of you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top