Posted: 10/7/2007 5:26:18 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:34:51 AM EDT
[#1]
they're already whining
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
they're already whining

They usually start the day after they get here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:00:10 AM EDT
[#3]
When I moved to Kalifornia, I whined constantly.

My departure was welcome all around.

Golly gee I was straight off the turnip truck.  Before I went there I looked at the map, saw "Angeles National Forest" just north of LA and thought "cool, there's woods nearby".

I love fall in Warshington.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:03:44 AM EDT
[#4]
If what the old guys have been talking about is true we got a cold hard winter coming..
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:22:11 AM EDT
[#5]
I moved here from Commiefornia in 2001 and I have no problem with the weather.

It seems that the people I hear complaining the most about the cold/wet weather are people who say they've lived here all/most of their lives.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 7:51:16 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If what the old guys have been talking about is true we got a cold hard winter coming..

My old bones say it's already here.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#7]
What the hell is wrong with the weather that warrants a complaint?  

God-damn foreigners!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:50:19 AM EDT
[#8]
Hummm from the same people that post pictures of their air conditioning units when the outside temperature gets above 80!  

ETA: R-32 is like the fonz!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 8:53:26 AM EDT
[#9]
Didn't they start whining/sniveling/crying like babies before the end of September?
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 9:46:14 AM EDT
[#10]
I thaught we only had one whiney Californian, and I have not seen a post from him in a few days...

Must be down in California surfing, or golfing or something...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:49:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I can't wait.
I hope Seattle gets three feet of snow overnight in one fell-swoop.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:53:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't wait.

Dont forget Ice storms!...

I want lots of snow, lots of Ice, mass power outages!

Now that I have two generators, I can dedicate one just to the heat pump, or Hot water heater and be just fine.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:54:38 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Golly gee I was straight off the turnip truck.  Before I went there I looked at the map, saw "Angeles National Forest" just north of LA and thought "cool, there's woods nearby".

You should have learned to read a map.  
The Angeles National Forest is in Los Angeles County.

The Los Padres Nationsl Forest is north of LA, and it does have some nice forest lands.

If you expect to find the same types of forests in So Cal that you find in Western Washington then you need to learn some basic geography.  

At least in the Angeles National Forest there are places that are set aside to shoot your guns and ride dirt bikes, and not every road is blocked by a fucking forest gate.  
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:58:13 AM EDT
[#14]
If they have complaints they should move back. Won't hurt my feelings.

The x-Californians I have issue with are those who move here, then want local laws and ordinances to look more like the ones they left back there.

My x-father in law owns 365 acres. He filed a permit with the county to open a trap club in the center of his property. Sheriff's dept. OKed the location, fish-n-game OKed it, environmental impact study came back cleared, sound checks were conducted, all of the neighboring land owners signed off on the plan, etc....

It looked like a done deal until the public hearing at the court house. Some guy who had just moved up from Cali, didn't even live within 5 miles of the property (and happened to be an attorney), says he has a problem with it because he likes to take walks with his kid back on that land. Forget the fact we call that tresspassing.....the permit was denied because a trespasser might get hit with some bird shot.

If you want California laws....stay the fuck there!
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 12:10:40 PM EDT
[#15]

Irony:
1: a pretense of ignorance and of willingness to learn from another assumed in order to make the other's false conceptions conspicuous by adroit questioning

A question about when California imports will bitch, cry, whine, etc about the weather...
But the thread has turned into a bunch of Washingtonians bitching, crying, whining about Californians!

You guys crack me up!

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 2:24:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Uhhh most of the posters in here are ex-cali plants.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:59:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Bizarre syphilitic rant

KA3B hurt my feelings...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:26:45 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
KA3B hurt my feelings...

My job is done here.  

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 4:39:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Damm, it's a rainy, icky day out.
I feel like crap and have spent the whole day in my jammies next to the fire..
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:22:09 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can't wait.

Dont forget Ice storms!...

I want lots of snow, lots of Ice, mass power outages!

Now that I have two generators, I can dedicate one just to the heat pump, or Hot water heater and be just fine.

I'm hoping for at least that...

Though I need to get my generator running for the water pump.. don't need it for much else. I have an old sears 3000w that needs to be cleaned up and tuned...
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 10:29:30 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

<---Refugee of The Democratic People's Republic of New Jersey.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 11:25:26 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

We wholeheartedly prefer the rain and occasional snow to the constant 105 degree Summers we had growing up.  An opportunity for me opened up in my area of expertise and our division manager asked me if I was interested.  I was until he told me that it was in Sacramento.  My wife said, "Oh Hell no!"
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Getting cold up there? I'm still wearing shorts..
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:47:30 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Proud to be a former Wolverine.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:35:24 AM EDT
[#25]
I think that we need to build a fence to keep the form comming up form the south. Should also keep the oregonens out also
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:48:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Getting cold up there? I'm still wearing shorts..

I wear shorts pretty much all year.  Nothing wrong with the weather here!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:14:37 AM EDT
[#27]

Getting cold up there? I'm still wearing spandex short shorts..

I'm still wearing shorts, too. I just wear a vest over my t-shirt in the winter.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

I've been complaining about it since I started raining...

But I'm a WI transplant...

And rain sucks when you have to stand in it for long periods of time with no raingear....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:22:11 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think that we need to build a fence to keep the form comming up form the south. Should also keep the oregonens out also

You guys have your own indigenous nutballs to worry about...

So long as they stay north-west of Fort Lewis, they're tolerable...

If they spread beyond their current positions, well....
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:25:09 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

And rain sucks when you have to stand in it for long periods of time with no raingear....

I'm quite sure I saw that you had a Poncho, plus everything else Uncle Sugar issued you, why no raingear?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 9:34:17 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm quite sure I saw that you had a Poncho, plus everything else Uncle Sugar issued you, why no raingear?

Maybe Dave's a marine and didn't want to get it wet?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 11:02:52 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've been complaining about it since I started raining...

But I'm a WI transplant...

Why do you think they call it "Snivel Gear"?
Finish this statement:

"If it ain't rainin', we ain't _______!"

We used to call it Light Fighter Weather.
Then I retired and now I'm the guy at the end of the comic, the one who watches TV and says "It must suck out there."
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 7:28:38 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Getting cold up there? I'm still wearing spandex short shorts..

I'm still wearing shorts, too. I just wear a vest over my t-shirt in the winter.

gaaaa......thanks a lot....now I need some brain bleach
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 8:08:09 PM EDT
[#34]
I gave up the thong because I was sticking to my leather chair after a long ARFCOM session....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top