Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/14/2007 1:59:44 PM EDT
Owner of a bank claimed he had excellent stock advice and asked what kinds of stock I invest in,

I replied;

Wood stocks
synthetic stocks
folding stocks
sliding stocks
telescoping stocks
side folding stocks
under folding stocks
detachable stocks

Long pause.... ugh ok and hung up
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:02:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:06:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Lots of satisfaction in that call. Not for the banker though.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:14:32 PM EDT
[#3]
To bad you dont have stock options in the list, it will make ya or break ya, !! Haaa
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Should have asked him if he had any warrants

And read him some thought-provoking quotes.  
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 2:29:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I always ask,

"If your tips are so good, why are you still working?"

I like you response better.
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 9:07:44 PM EDT
[#8]
From personal experience having a fairly large green / investment account makes things a whole lot easier to report to work everyday knowing full well you never really have to worry about the job pressure of being layed off or the anal boss fliping you shit and hanging some dreaded assignment over your head.

I still maintain a fairly active supervisory role at work for several reasons. Keeping the mind active with creative and complex field problems for mental health and good physical exercise is one other bonus. Sitting at home and wondering what your going to do for six months can be a like a prison sentence for some unless all your buddies are all loaded and is off to New Zealand for month. Working is a must to for myself for the next five or six years to keep it all in prespective, life is good and it just gets better and with a twelve to fithteen percent return on the green and grass grows really fast.    
Link Posted: 8/14/2007 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
From personal experience having a fairly large green / investment account    

If it can be turned into physical possession of intrinsic value I most heartedly agree, however bank accounts/pieces of paper, including safe deposit boxes belong to the bank not you.

It has happened before in this country and will happen again.

"The money powers prey upon the nation in times of peace and conspire against it in times of adversity. It is more despotic than a monarchy, more insolent than autocracy, and more selfish than bureaucracy. It denounces as public enemies, all who question it's methods or throw light upon it's crimes. I have two great enemies, the Southern Army in front of me and the Bankers in the rear. Of the two, the one at my rear is my greatest foe.. corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money powers of the country will endeavor to prolong it's reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until the wealth is aggregated in the hands of a few, and the Republic is destroyed. Abraham Lincoln
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Your funny and full of sour grapes.  Its nice to have the option to sit on your ass and collect 10k a month and not owe one dime to anyone.  

I have seen some weird days on the NYSE where in one day i lost eighty grand and the next week i recovered the loss plus a ten percent gain.  Bull or Bear market is the chance you play in the market and if she go's south you and me and the other guy are all F$$$ED.  

The bottom line is you must keep your money well positioned and not all your eggs in the same basket.  Its really to bad you did not show the caller a little moe time and listen to his sales pitch, you could have received some good market information, made some decent money in the long term portfolio or started a retirement plan for your senior days.

I guess ignorance prevails in most cases, some clown or dingbat thinks that social security and that national guard retirement is going to be all your going to need at age 62. Medical and pharmacy will eat up check fast and medicade is a joke.  The AR15 by this time will be a nice airloom or outlawed by unkle suger but wont pay the rent or pay the trip to Mexico for the old lady.  
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 3:03:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Unequal weights and measures are an abomination to God, usury is the serpents bite and results in violence and death.

Paper money always and I do mean always returns to it's intrinsic value, the federal reserve note will be worth about $60 a ton.

It is only a matter of time now, a few years at most if not sooner.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:32:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Jesus Christ,....All the gloom and doom rant here is just like the days before Y2K makes me laugh and some of the true idiots on the board.
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/15/2007 7:55:39 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Jesus Christ,....All the gloom and doom rant here is just like the days before Y2K makes me laugh and some of the true idiots on the board.

www.uwstout.edu/soe/profdev/images/sentences.gif

Right click.  Save as.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top