BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 9:46:35 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:04:50 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
USMC

You make it sound bad...  This is good natured hazing.  It can get alot worse.  Being a BOOT Marine is HELL ON EARTH!  BTW I qualled EXPERT with an e-tool, but it was my Boonie cover that payed the price, not my Nice 8-point.

GMW, are you saying you didnt do this type of stuff while you were in?
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:07:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
USMC

You make it sound bad...  This is good natured hazing.  It can get alot worse.  Being a BOOT Marine is HELL ON EARTH!  BTW I qualled EXPERT with an e-tool, but it was my Boonie cover that payed the price, not my Nice 8-point.

Nope, never did.

We were too busy preparing for war.

Link Posted: 4/20/2007 10:28:57 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Nope, never did.

Digging into hard earth, following the orders of your team/squadleaders and competing to dig the fastest while blindfolded (night time) is good training.  Competition with reward/punishment is the best training you can have.  And the cover thing, thats no big deal.  Its just a way to get a quick laugh.  No one was butt-hurt when it was done.  The covers are not issued, but they only cost $6.  All the Marines there had extras.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#4]
We never did shit like that in the Navy.

We were too busy with Shellback Initiation Ceremonies to please King Neptune and his court, duct taping people to stanchions, tricing-up people in their racks and tossing in cans of menthol shaving cream with the little rubber plug in the bottom of the can pulled out with a Leatherman and shit like that.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:16:47 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We never did shit like that in the Navy.

We were too busy with Shellback Initiation Ceremonies to please King Neptune and his court, duct taping people to stanchions, tricing-up people in their racks and tossing in cans of menthol shaving cream with the little rubber plug in the bottom of the can pulled out with a Leatherman and shit like that.

Ill have you know Im a golden shellback ;)
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#6]
My best friend did the "GRRR-Weee!" to a boot when I was in North Carolina, I laughed my ass off because his "weeee!" sounded completely maniacal and he looked absolutely apeshit.  Found out the boot was terrified from his room mate later.  

I once put on 1st LT bars and ripped a boots room apart for a "Surprise Inspection!" I mean this kid just got in from Engineer school and had not put anything away.  I locked him at POA, dumped his seabag, stuffed half his shit in the secretary screaming "LET ME PUT THIS STUFF AWAY BECAUSE EVIDENTLY I DON'T HAVE ANYTHING BETTER TO DO!" He failed the inspection, I took his liberty away for the weekend, confined him to quarters, and told him there would be another inspection Monday morning at O-dark-thirty, if he did not pass, he was going to the Brig.

He started crying.  Man I felt like shit.  Of course after he found out he was so happy he wasn't going to the brig he decided not to beat the shit out of me.  Later on my SSgt pulled me aside to remind me that impersonating an officer was punishable by the UCMJ.  I told him I did not know what he was talking about but I was sure nothing like that would ever happen again.

As for the Shellback ceremony, I've got to experience that twice, once as a Wog, and once as a Shellback.  Several years ago one of our trash cans did not get picked up when we were on vacation and it cooked in the heat of summer.  When I took the lid off and that smell hit me, I threw up, violently.  Took me right back to that ceremony.  I can still smell that shit if I think about it to much.

Good times.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:36:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
USMC

Nope, never did.

Had you joined the Marines you would have already been prepared for war.

I never got to chop up my cover, but I could dig a big assed hole that needed to be filled in.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 3:48:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I had one of my guys stealing ammo from the range when he was shooting quals.  I had him dig a hole, bury my "Favorite Tire", run around the Battalion for awhile, then yelled at him for burying my "Favorite Tire", and made him go dig it up.

The little fucking klepto ended up stealing a stick of C-4 at the next demo shoot.  I spent a half hour ripping little bits off that stick and flushing it down the toilette.  When I went to tell my SSgt (same one), it was under the:

"Let's say there is a guy in the Platoon who stole ammo at the last KD qual, and a certain Corporal did not want the PFC going to the brig so he 'took care of it' so a certain SSgt who has a lot on his mind did not have to.  Now let's say this certain PFC, who is now a LCpl, stole a stick of C-4, at yesterdays demo shoot, and this Corporal is getting really panicky realizing he may not be getting through to this fucking retard.  Are there any other options?  Oh-yeah the C-4 has been disposed of down the shitter."

That guy was gone in 5 days!  SSgt had him fapped out to base maintenance quicker then shit.  He ended up stealing a riding lawn mower.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 4:33:56 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I had one of my guys stealing ammo from the range when he was shooting quals.  I had him dig a hole, bury my "Favorite Tire", run around the Battalion for awhile, then yelled at him for burying my "Favorite Tire", and made him go dig it up.

The little fucking klepto ended up stealing a stick of C-4 at the next demo shoot.  I spent a half hour ripping little bits off that stick and flushing it down the toilette.  When I went to tell my SSgt (same one), it was under the:

"Let's say there is a guy in the Platoon who stole ammo at the last KD qual, and a certain Corporal did not want the PFC going to the brig so he 'took care of it' so a certain SSgt who has a lot on his mind did not have to.  Now let's say this certain PFC, who is now a LCpl, stole a stick of C-4, at yesterdays demo shoot, and this Corporal is getting really panicky realizing he may not be getting through to this fucking retard.  Are there any other options?  Oh-yeah the C-4 has been disposed of down the shitter."

That guy was gone in 5 days!  SSgt had him fapped out to base maintenance quicker then shit.  He ended up stealing a riding lawn mower.

Good GOD!!!

I bet the sewage treatment plant wouldnt like it much if it blew!    I would have just got my daypack on with my E-tool and had a little run just for fun into the woods and burried it.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The woods were full of blanks, pop-ups, etc.  We were running out of room.  

Also when torn up into little bitty pieces and flushed it dissolves.  The methane from turds is more dangerous.

God we used to have a lot of contraband around!
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 1:19:04 AM EDT
[#11]
I've seen a few GRRR'd covers in my day.  And I am a trusty, crusty Golden Shellback, as well.  It's all good.  Being on the Aviation side, having a mix of traditions, we did some grunt-style shit and some squid-type shit, (Making a boot run around the hangar at night with his float coat inflated, SAR beacon flashing, making siren noises, etc).   I think most military folks have had some experience with stuff like "Get the keys to the HMMWV (or Jet)", "Go get me a stack of 6531s", ID10T forms, "Go get an exhaust sample" phantom tool errands, etc.

Fuckery is truly an art form, and some folks get real imaginative with that shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:36:49 AM EDT
[#12]
A friend of mine sent one of his new Marines out for 1 mile of flight line. Little bastard was gone for a few hours and actually came back with 2 duece and a halfs full of mobile flight line, the stuff used on roughed in landing fields. My buddy did not have a much fun explaining to the Gunny at the airfield that it was a joke.

I sent a few of my Marines out for "Frquency grease" for our radios.

Sent a working party out to the tank unit where they were told to "acoustic test" the tank barrels. Tankers had them yelling "BOOM!" down the barrels to check for problems.

There was a 40 pound rock down at the Comm shop that we labeled ST1 (STone) and we would send new guys down to get it. When they would bring it back we would tell them it was a radio disguised as a rock.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 5:33:01 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
USMC

Nope, never did.

Touche'
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:04:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Sent a working party out to the tank unit where they were told to "acoustic test" the tank barrels. Tankers had them yelling "BOOM!" down the barrels to check for problems.

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 6:07:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I never got to chop up my cover, but I could dig a big assed hole that needed to be filled in.

So pole dancing qualifies as being prepared for war?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:07:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, being prepared for war got that Marine sent to Iraq. Pole dancing made him a star.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, being prepared for war got that Marine sent to Iraq. Pole dancing made him a star.

Ah.... Got it!

Link Posted: 4/23/2007 9:32:43 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, Someone has to wave their junk infront of your wives and girlfriends faces at all those bachelorette parties.  May as well be one of the few and the proud.  Hes just training for his job when he gets out.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 10:59:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
A friend of mine sent one of his new Marines out for 1 mile of flight line. Little bastard was gone for a few hours and actually came back with 2 duece and a halfs full of mobile flight line, the stuff used on roughed in landing fields. My buddy did not have a much fun explaining to the Gunny at the airfield that it was a joke.

I sent a few of my Marines out for "Frquency grease" for our radios.

There was a 40 pound rock down at the Comm shop that we labeled ST1 (STone) and we would send new guys down to get it. When they would bring it back we would tell them it was a radio disguised as a rock.

I sent a not so bright airman out for 60 Hz batteries for all the clocks once on a deployment to Japan (local power is 50 Hz.) From where my desk in the shop was I could hear him ask the storekeepers, next door ask, for 60 Hz batteries. They sent him to AIMD, I got busy with getting a couple of pre-flights done, and I forgot about said not so bright airman.

Fast forward several hours when said airman arrives at the hangar with an air farce airman, large van and a shitlload of lead-acid batteries. Air farce ariman has orders to return with empty van or die. Two airman unload van, van leaves. Not so bright ariman is ordered to get rid of batteries. Maint. Master Chief gives him until the snow melts. We begin to see those fucking batteries everywhere on the base, even out in town. To his credit not so bright airman did get rid of them before the snow was all gone. He was working on the line by that time, however.

He did manage, as plane capitan, to steer a towed aircraft into striking the wash rack on the next deployment. Even with a wing walker signaling to halt. But that's another story.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top