Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2007 7:53:29 PM EDT
what the frack? they are on all cars. why is it so hard to use them? does your cell phone need to be up your ass so you can use your free hand to use it. or if you use it dont be halfway in the lane when you decide to.

goddamm i swear it should be legal to just shoot the fracktards who cant drive then traffic would be running so smoothly

or better yet you have to take a driving test every year. that would bring extra money in and provide new jobs
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:56:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:58:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Or, in most cases, if there was someone around to see me use it.

In the LCR they are used on a 'need to know basis'.
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 7:58:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 9:16:44 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
what the frack? they are on all cars. why is it so hard to use them? does your cell phone need to be up your ass so you can use your free hand to use it. or if you use it dont be halfway in the lane when you decide to.

goddamm i swear it should be legal to just shoot the fracktards who cant drive then traffic would be running so smoothly

or better yet you have to take a driving test every year. that would bring extra money in and provide new jobs

AHAHAHHAHAHA... yes...  I agree.

But on the other hand, I cant really talk, cause I have my own vises when it comes to driving.  

BTW, I hope none of you were driving a red mini on 124th around 6:00 this evening...
Link Posted: 2/25/2007 10:48:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
BTW, I hope none of you were driving a red mini on 124th around 6:00 this evening...

I hope none of us here drive a Mini
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:32:55 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Bah.. I don't use my signal.. A few resons why.

1) I'm typically a VERY aggressive or offensive driver.  Meaning, if there is a gap, I just take it.  If I hit you, it will be my fault, I will pay for your vehicle, and my insurance will go up.  Trust me, I care to much for my truck, if there isn't space, I won't make the move.

2) If I'm in a left turn lane, you should know I'm turning left, do I really need to turn on my flasher to let you know I'm turning left in a left turn lane?

3) I've found that actually using my turn indicator is a huge blinking sign for someone to speed up and screw me from getting into the lane I need.  This I'm more then happy to blame on the Cali Imports (which I am one). It's exactly why no one in California uses their indicator. Unfortunately, that mentality has moved up here.

I think your real rant is to those soccer moms in their suburban with a Latte in one hand and cell phone in the other, who are busy dishing with their girlfriends about the last PTA meeting to realize that they are +/- 20mph and drifting between 3 highway lanes.  They also love to drive with their mirror with no regard for the great blind spot.  Which is also why I try very hard to not drive in blind spots. Either pass or drive next to someone so they are very aware you are there!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]
driving is a lost art in WA...........turn signals, yielding, merging........just wait till ya try a round da bout.............even the french know how to use them
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:33:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Would not surprise me in the least.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:38:15 AM EDT
[#10]
They're too noisy...   BLINK-blink-BLINK-blink-BLINK-blink-BLINK-blink... drives me f'ing
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:49:09 AM EDT
[#11]
I also love the clowns that forget to turn them off once they've changed lanes!  DuH!
 *** Another reason I don't bother with mine!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 6:52:29 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Would not surprise me in the least.

The only person I could think of that might actually shampoo own one is headpulper.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:09:01 AM EDT
[#13]
turn signals?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:00:57 AM EDT
[#14]
If an automobile manufacturer can't make a quality car that doesn't let all the blinker fluid leak out, why should I spend my hard earned money to replace it?

That reminds me, gotta get my muffler bearings checked RSN.

Since we're talking about cars, can I put a car on the EE if I am giving it away for free?  What should I tell people when they ask me how many rounds have I put through it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:10:16 AM EDT
[#15]
+1 for the annoying noise.

Apparently cars and motorcycles run on smoke, and if you accidently let the smoke out of your engine, it doesnt work anymore.  Some appliances such as toasters and microwaves run on smoke as well.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
What should I tell people when they ask me how many rounds have I put through it?

That would depend on whether or not you will be bringing said car to the next LCR shoot.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:07:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

First, let me have the pleasure of being in before STRATIOTES has a field day with that statement.

In the aviation world, there's this little thing called a flight review.  Back in the day, the FAA called it a "Biennial Flight Review".  Essentially, it is one hour on the ground and one hour in the air, with an instructor refreshing flight fundamentals.  Even though it is not a pass / fail exam, a flight instructor can elect to not endorse your log book.  Anyone acting as pilot in command needs to have this endorsement every 24 months.  It doesn't cost anything to have an FAA examiner to perform these flight reviews or initial flight checks, however there are more pilots than FAA examiners can handle.  That's where the FAA-designated examiners come in.  They are not on the FAA's payroll, and charge a nominal fee for their services.

And then there's the Wings Program:

The FAA's Pilot Proficiency Award Program (Wings) promotes air safety and encourages general aviation pilots to continue training and provides an opportunity to practice selected maneuvers in a minimum of instruction time. After you've logged three hours of dual instruction under the program and attended at least one FAA-sanctioned safety seminar, you’ll be eligible to receive a distinctive set of wings . You’ll also earn a certificate of completion. If you successfully complete a phase of the Wings Program within the period specified by Section 61.56(e) of the Federal Aviation Regulations, you don’t need to accomplish the flight review for that time period.

If they made drivers put forth 1/4 of the effort needed to fly, to get and maintain a driver's license, the amount of fucktard drivers would decrease dramatically.  Sure, there are pilots out there that are as fucked-up as baseball skates, but they're fewer and further between than fucked-up soup sandwich drivers.  Keep in mind, a "fender bender" in the air is much more dramatic than one on the ground.  Ask some pilots how many incidents / accidents they have been in / involved in.  Ask the same number of drivers the same question.  I'd bet there would be two dramatically different answers.

Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:10:49 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If an automobile manufacturer can't make a quality car that doesn't let all the blinker fluid leak out, why should I spend my hard earned money to replace it?

*What* is "blinker fluid"?
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:22:01 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a close relative of headlight fluid, but don't ever mix the regular fluid with the halogen fluid!
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 11:24:13 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a close relative of headlight fluid, but don't ever mix the regular fluid with the halogen fluid!

Also do not forget the lightbulb grease when installing.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you all stop by my shop.....We're running a special..complete blinker and headlight fluid change...and rotate the muffler bearings....for 29 bucks.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:43:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 7:48:24 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
In the Seabees, we sent E-1s for 'Skyhooks' regularly. No better way to lift....

In my fathers generation, as a commercial fisherman, they sent the rookies for 'web-knots' at the sea store.

In the Army it was a box of grid squares, 100 yards of flight line, find the soft spots on a tanks armor with a hammer and chem light batteries.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:20:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
In the Seabees, we sent E-1s for 'Skyhooks' regularly. No better way to lift....

In my fathers generation, as a commercial fisherman, they sent the rookies for 'web-knots' at the sea store.

In the Army it was a box of grid squares, 100 yards of flight line, find the soft spots on a tanks armor with a hammer and chem light batteries.
You forgot the box of shot group tightners......
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:23:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard of that one before.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:26:53 PM EDT
[#28]
In the Surface Navy it was:

50 feet of waterline, gig-line, etc.
Keys to the sea chest.
Box of relative bearings.
Tube of relative bearing grease.
Box of RADAR contacts.
Batteries for sound-powered phones.
A DC or HT punch.
Blow the MPA.
Grease the OOD shaft and hand-tighten the nuts.

Sailors at sea get bored.  Very bored.  Bored Sailors begets shenanigans.

The AF doesn't see much of the humor in the above.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 8:30:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:45:38 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never heard of that one before.

Before SINCGARS it was go ask a squad leader for a Prick E6.

Then there was the keys to the landing zone,
Can O' Squelch,
Batteries for the TA1 field phone,
jump up and down on the tank to see if the shocks work.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 9:57:04 PM EDT
[#31]
We still call them blinkers in the LCR.
Link Posted: 2/26/2007 10:07:53 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Make sure you all stop by my shop.....We're running a special..complete blinker and headlight fluid change...and rotate the muffler bearings....for 29 bucks.

For a price like that, how can I go wrong?  
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:33:40 AM EDT
[#33]
but there really is lightbulb grease........Dialectric grease......

Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:37:40 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

redneck
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

redneck

I think that is a better description. They certainly don't always indicate a turn, and sometimes they just blink and blink ad nasuim.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 5:19:08 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

redneck

Just trying to get this trainwreck back on the track.
Link Posted: 2/27/2007 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#37]
Here's the one that really pisses me off, i'm sitting across from someone at a red light with my blinker on indicating my intention to turn left. Car across from me is not signaling, so I assume I will be waiting for them to go straight past me before I turn. Light turns green for both of us, I wait, they turn left in front of me while I'm sitting there waiting for them to go straight. I know it's minor, so why not ƒûÇKing use it!?!?

Just another indicator of peoples lack of common courtesy. IMO
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top