Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/23/2007 3:24:15 PM EDT
I'm sure a number of you might be aware of this, but I'm posting it just as info for future reference to those who were unaware as I.
I was shipping a handgun today and decided to use a UPS Store thats local (I've used them before to ship parts--uppers, scopes etc.) I didn't have a box, so I got one and filled out the paperwork etc. (sending it to a FFL). Get the receipt, tracking number etc.
I leave. A little while later I get a phone call saying that they CANNOT ship guns.
I'm thinking why? Then I took a guess, and it was confirmed when I walked in and asked why. Since they are not DIRECT UPS employees (UPS stores are independent contractors) they have a legal issue. The guy at the store is pretty cool. He said he doesn't like it either and said he would be more than happy to have gun owners business in shipping.
Long story short I went to the USPS and got it sent out. Just wanted to let others know that if you use a "contractor" type of shipping service this could happen.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:27:55 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:31:42 PM EDT
[#2]
You shipped it Via USPS?
I didn't know you were an FFL..
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:57:47 PM EDT
[#3]
What sixguns said. FFL required for shipping UPS unless it is direct to the manufacturer/dealer. All others use FedEx Overnight. Need a FedEx hub, not a Kinko's store type franchise, also. I'll never ship a handgun again due to it being such a PITA. Longarms in the US PO are easy though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top