Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 10:46:45 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#1]
height=8
Quoted:
one of our employees just lost her adolescent (under 10 yo) daughter tonight in the ER.hear
My condolences go out to them.

Me, my wife and our 11 year old daughter are just getting over the flu. Its some nasty stuff and its going around fast.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 1:01:12 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn that just sucks, our thoughts and prayers for the family.

Our 7yo. Daughter is sick as hell too, along with the bulk of her school. The Wife and I were really paranoid with the media reports of the children that have died. So today was day three, and she started a fever last night, so She was taken to the Family Doctor this morning. Good news was they tested her for the flu, and that was negative. But she does have a bad cold and upper respiratory infection, and though it is nasty, We were very relieved.

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:58:22 AM EDT
[#3]
my daughter (6 yr old) was out for like 3 days.  when we took her back to school there was still like 8 kids home sick.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear that OdT, prayers for the family from us here.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:11:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Sorry to hear that OdT.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:37:15 AM EDT
[#6]
That really sucks. I can't imagine losing a child.

That being said, I read somewhere that nationally, deaths from influenza are so far actually lower this season than the last.

We went ahead and got flu shots for ourselves and our children still at home last fall and so far it seems to be paying off.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:53:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:11:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:05:00 AM EDT
[#9]
That really sucks.  They were just saying on the radio last night not to panic and that the flu wasn't that big of deal that they made it out to be in the beginning.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 9:01:59 PM EDT
[#10]

That is so sad.  I couldn't even imagine the pain that family is going through right now. You just never know when your time is up...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top