Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/22/2007 5:54:21 PM EDT
Is he a fudd per chance

Edited:  Ok so hes not a fudd, anyone good with clipart or something that can make that shotty a machine gun?

Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:00:28 PM EDT
[#1]
If you killed him, stuffed him and dressed him up in a green outfit and stuck a shotgun in his hands you might get away with calling him a FUDD but until then he would sooner fly a Cobra gunship up your ace.

Richard Henry Lee on Arms
To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, (1787 - 1788)
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:09:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:09:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you killed him, stuffed him and dressed him up in a green outfit and stuck a shotgun in his hands you might get away with calling him a FUDD but until then he would sooner fly a Cobra gunship up your ace.

Richard Henry Lee on Arms
To preserve liberty it is essential that the whole body of the people always possess arms and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them. Letters from the Federal Farmer to the Republic, (1787 - 1788)

Fair enough
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:11:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Is he a fudd per chance

i101.photobucket.com/albums/m80/usnpjs/budassbunny.jpg

That comment might get Da Bunny to stuff you and stick you in a window.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:22:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you killed him, stuffed him and dressed him up in a green outfit and stuck a shotgun in his hands you might get away with calling him a FUDD ...

Lawd forbid someone from commonly using a firearm for a real purpose, without a thirst for a fight.

How ignorant of them to exploit their freedom without doubting it at every single opportunity.

Essentially yes, if you have been following the Zumbo threads then it becomes the sporting purpose argument which is anti-freedom pro-slavery.

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property . . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.
— Thomas Paine, Thoughts on Defensive War (1775).
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 6:36:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Essentially yes, if you have been following the Zumbo threads then it becomes the sporting purpose argument which is anti-freedom pro-slavery.

I've followed the majority of them, in keen detail.

The presumptuous doubt of EVERY hunter's patriotic integrity, rests on a foundation made of sand, found only here on a site like this, with folks like you.

All of the active arfcom members, (if you've been reading the zumbo threads, you'll recognize this repeated point) might fill a modern football stadium. How many gun owners are there in the US? Is a city still crowded when there's a game?

(another point repeated) The problem with picking your friends is that the list keeps getting shorter.

Don't be too quick to put your cause in front of reality. People are buying and using guns daily, in spite sometimes.... even if it flies in to the face of those who like to point out how much jeopardy we do it under.

Either offer a solution, or bite your tongue. All else is kindling on top of the bonfire...

While I support people's right to hunt, I'm no hunter.

To me, the 2nd Amendment is about defending my home, my family and my country, with my life, at my own expense.

The 2nd Amendment arguably kept the Japanese from invading the West Coast during WWII.

It kept hundreds of thousands of immigrants, perhaps millions, alive during the 19th century while we took this land from a bunch of people with bows and spears. Our forefathers won it on the battlefield.

There weren't many big battles in that war, just tens of thousands of small ones.

The 2nd Amendment is why we are hunters, not prey.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 7:41:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:00:17 PM EDT
[#9]

Seeing it no differently, the confusion & hatred expressed about the not-so-black-gunner on this site is baffling at times

I think he's caught in the skepicism we have about this whole diversity thing.

I mean, there ARE limits.....
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:05:27 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm a black rifle guy, and brown..and blue...and grey....and stainless.....I do like to hunt, but I also just like to shoot.

remember....I'm the guy that brought a muzzle loader to an LCR
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:06:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:09:29 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seeing it no differently, the confusion & hatred expressed about the not-so-black-gunner on this site is baffling at times

I think he's caught ...

Bingo!

I'm caught all right.... in yesteryear.

I gotta admit, I would LOVE a single shot break open in .45-70.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:11:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:15:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:15:45 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I've followed the majority of them, in keen detail.

The presumptuous doubt of EVERY hunter's patriotic integrity, rests on a foundation made of sand, found only here on a site like this, with folks like you.The presumptuous of EVERY hunter's patriotic integrity here is not the point of contention but that of the FUDD defined as those hunters that are anti-second amendment only support selfish short-sighted interests.

All of the active arfcom members, (if you've been reading the zumbo threads, you'll recognize this repeated point) might fill a modern football stadium. How many gun owners are there in the US? Is a city still crowded when there's a game? Educating the FUDD and turning the foe to ally was the basic jist of the threads ive been following but excusing anti-2nd position purely on the basis of superior numbers is untenable.

(another point repeated) The problem with picking your friends is that the list keeps getting shorter.friends i will choose, allies is another matter

Don't be too quick to put your cause in front of reality. People are buying and using guns daily, in spite sometimes.... even if it flies in to the face of those who like to point out how much jeopardy we do it under.Reality is the cause, appeasement is not an option  !

Either offer a solution, or bite your tongue. All else is kindling on top of the bonfire...This fire was kindled by a FUDD that shot his mouth off and 2nd advocates that fired back, contention is necessary.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:20:53 PM EDT
[#16]
If I mediatate on it long enough, Strat always wins me over with his uninhibated application of firepower argument.
Link Posted: 2/22/2007 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:16:41 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Get back to me next month and let me know how much better you feel.

Did someone highjack ODT's account?    
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:15:25 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Get back to me next month and let me know how much better you feel.

Did someone highjack ODT's account?    

Could there be a little Zumbo in all of us ?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:18:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:57:43 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Gunowners can either stand divided or stand together.

Education not alienation.

If the guy next to you in line is pointing his finger at you and saying "Take him." it's that time.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 11:27:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 2:31:18 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
In my opinion throwing some hunters under the bus because they aren't spending time practicing double taps, mozambiques, or preparing to fight zombie hoards or some second revolution, is just as bad as  Zumbo throwing ARs under the bus.

That is not the controversy Phil, Hunting and bolt actions develope the very necessary field and rifles skills, the most notable pro-snipers in history were hunters before they were armed services marksmen, the famous WW1 sniper was a pacifist that did not believe in wars or rifles as a way to settle a dispute, this controversy is over the right to self defence and the "rule of law verses the law of rules",  at it's most basic level it is a life verses death issue.

Every individual is supposed to have freedom of conscience to hold and express their opinions but that basic precept whether individual or state must not impose those opinions on the individual against his consent.

Anything that unjustly causes harm is within both the individual and states jurisdiction to correct.

"The Constitution of most of our states (and of the United States) assert that all power is inherent in the people; that they may exercise it by themselves; that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed and that they are entitled to freedom of person, freedom of religion, freedom of property, and freedom of press." Thomas Jefferson
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 3:05:43 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Could there be a little Zumbo in all of us ?

Would that make him a Fudd packer?
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 4:59:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Do you believe a individual living soul has a right to life ? yes or no ?

Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:09:46 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:34:06 PM EDT
[#28]
In order for life to exist it must have, food. water, protection from the inclemency of the weather.

In order to procure food tools are necessary as well as protection from predators this is the most basic precept of the right to self defence.

The Zumbo position is that only non-threatening recreational sporting purpose tools should be allowed and those subject to changing approval of the unthinking sheltered masses.

The Zumbo position is the living soul has no right to life or the protection there-of.

it is as specific as I can make it for now.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:18:46 PM EDT
[#30]

Time for what?

An ass kicking.

JZ spent time under the same microscope we all did. He didn't like it. So he pointed to us and said "I'm just a hunter, these guys are terrorists, it's their fault."

If we DON'T raise the roof, the Brady's and DemocRATS will take that as a consensus.

It's always frightening to throw off the shroud and look at the ruckus underneath.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:38:14 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do you believe a individual living soul has a right to life ? yes or no ?

I almost thought for a second, that we were gonna talk about fuzzy bunnys, and how they taste with potatoes and gravy.

(delicious without the fuzz BTW)

OdT you are a CANABLE.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:40:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:46:58 PM EDT
[#34]
I read quite a bit of the GD threads on this (it popped up all over the place) I tended to read the reasonable ones and skip over the radical ones. That being said, I think the guy stepped on his dick and is pretty much lost a large portion of his credibility. I know many will not read him any more. I suspect he may loose his Outdoor Life column also.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#35]
Is "Fudd" now considered an insult?  I really think it's just a clever term of endearment.  Kind of like when people call me....  Well never mind, I would never use it as an insult.

I really don't think that a very large percentage of ARFCOM folks dislike hunters.  We dislike anyone who is not pro 2A, but I really don't think most hunters fit in the anti-2A camp.  

Jeez Louise.  We are all getting so bitchey with the class clown out of service...
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:53:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#37]
By the way I would like to agree with Mace about the Fudd thing. I know when I use it I use it fondly. I like precesion shooting, just with a clip!
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:02:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey all,

Im kinda walking into this thread half way through, but I couldnt help but jump in.  

ODT  I dont know you personally, but I dont see the need to be defensive of FUDD slurs.  If the shoe fits wear it, and I couldnt imagine it fitting considering how much time you spend here.  Im willing to bet most of us here have some sort of "brown" rifle.  The whole point is that a FUDD is an outdoorsman type who is INTOLERANT of us black rifle types.  Scrun and I were all but run out of a Gun store in Monroe for asking about AR15s.  I figured they would be happy to see "city folk" interested in firearm ownership.  Hell no.  So until the FUDDs come arround and see that we are all fighting the same fight, fuck'em.  I cant imagine anyone here would hav anything against hunting or hunting rifles.  I would own one myself.  However, due to my small income I go for the AR type rifles to get the most bang for my buck.

BTW Zumbo can suck a fart out of my A$$.  I didnt spend all that time in the sandbox dukein' it out with REAL terrorists, just to come home and be called one because I excersise my right to own a military style rifle.
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:03:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:26:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 7:51:56 PM EDT
[#42]
I must have tottally missed something here, I thought Fudd meant you were into hunting... got that from when I asked about hunters education classes and someone told me i was going to become a Fudd.  I mustve tottally been off base.

For that, I do apologize to Da Bunny, as this appears to be some sort of slander.  Not my intention by any means!  I just thought it was a neat picture of a rabbit holding a double barreled shotty, and thought it looked like Elmer Fudd or something.  I owe ya a Tall boy!  

Sorry for "rocking the boat" as it were.  I'll send myself to bed with no Beer
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/23/2007 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#44]
You guys are more than welcome to shoot your tomato stakes and smoke sticks.

I've popped a few rounds through a flintlock and I'll say it's a damned civilized way to shoot.

I've experienced M1 thumb and I'm fond of the thundering boom of the Mosin.

For years, my only rifle was a single-shot, bolt action .22lr. I always fired it from the shoulder and out to 75 yards, it was the most accurate rifle I've ever owned.

But, I've moved on....
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:11:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:44:39 AM EDT
[#46]
so just to lighten things up in here, is an M1A a fudd gun?  an M1?  How much "brown" does it take to be a fudd gun, or should I say how much evil does it take to be a EBR?
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 9:51:06 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
so just to lighten things up in here, is an M1A a fudd gun?  an M1?  How much "brown" does it take to be a fudd gun, or should I say how much evil does it take to be a EBR?

If you are shooting rabbits, yes.  If you are shooting paper or the enemy, no.

Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:24:50 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:27:16 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/24/2007 10:47:48 AM EDT
[#50]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top