Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2007 8:39:03 AM EDT
Hey guys, trying to get what info I can on this service that someone told me about at Wade's.

(Yes, I know its Wade's.)

I tried out a friend's Gen3 Glock 17 (almost brand new) the other day and it was a friggin' tack driver.  I'm not exactly new to Glocks, I've got a Gen2 Glock 17 myself that I shoot pretty often.  And a G21 and a G26....  But compared to mine, this Glock 17 had group sizes roughly half of the groups off of my G17.

Anyhow, my friend told me that he had his sights "tuned" at Wade's and that was what he attributed the performance to.  I checked with Wade's, and they charge $45 for the service.

Has anyone heard anything about this?  Does Wade's got some sort of super, secret, special, sight calibration tool?  Does anyone know if this is anything beyond just a simple sight adjustment with the Glock sight tool maybe with the additional usage of a laser boresight?

If it's just a sight adjustment, I can just pick up a sight adjustment tool for $100 vs. the $45 that Wade's would charge me and do the work myself.

Thoughts, comments, opinions?

-Frank

Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:46:35 AM EDT
[#1]
Do you ever get the air in your tires changed to improve the performance of your car?

Seriously, if your sights are the only thing that's off, you'll consistently hit the same spot even if it isn't the point of aim.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:48:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Unless your sights are loose... adjusting them would not make a difference when it comes to group size at all, it'll just change the point of impact.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 8:50:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:13:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'd be more inclined to guess that the trigger is somewhat better in the one you shot better with....

I can buy into that.

The trigger on the more accurate G17 was very, very smooth and broke clean.  Mine has that two-stage feel to it where there's that "hump" before the trigger breaks.

I knew there had to be more to it than a sight adjustment/tune up.

-Frank
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:29:43 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hey guys, trying to get what info I can on this service that someone told me about at Wade's.

(Yes, I know its Wade's.)
Anyhow, my friend told me that he had his sights "tuned" at Wade's and that was what he attributed the performance to.  I checked with Wade's, and they charge $45 for the service.

OUCH!

Frank...$45 for "tuning" (sounds a bit SCAMish to me)
BTW I was at Wades earlier and saw a "slightly used" LMT M4 upper "for sale" at $589
(not sure is this includes the handguards..it may be that they removed them so you can see the barrel profile).
Bravo Company is selling the SAME upper BRAND NEW for $485 including the handguards, free shipping and you won't pay tax!
Figure they are about $150 less than Wades "sale price.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 11:03:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Had Wades "gunsmith" ruin the front sight on a 70's series Colt Goldcup restaking it.  Used the wrong block or something because the front sight came back with nice 45 degree chamfers along the top.  I wouldn't let them touch anything of mine again.   Original front sights for the 70's series Goldcups aren't easy to find.  If I was you I wouldn't trust them as far as I can spit.  Just my opinion
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top