Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/31/2006 4:10:13 PM EDT
I want to build 5 Romy AK's. I have part kits and compliance parts. Right now I am shopping for some recievers. I don't have any build tools but am going to buy a press if needed. Does anyone here have the know how and possibly tools (can buy some if necessary) to do this?

Free beer, meal or trade?

Let me know.......I am near black Lake.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:30:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I have thought about doing an AK build....It just keeps getting put off. One of these days maybe
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 5:10:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Are you in Olympia? Do you have the tools?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 6:52:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a kit and am also interested in diong a build.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 9:47:54 AM EDT
[#4]
This Oly-res needs to finish a build as well...  I have a number of the tools and I'm hoping for some time this month...  I suppose we should organize something...
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:30:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Who was it that sent me an IM a while back asking about using the SCR receiver jig?...

If you clowns could get it organized, I have vacation in March, May , and October this year. You could do a road trip down this way and bend your receiver flats. Honestly it takes too long to get a bunch of people together for a one day event and try and Demill, and do receivers, but to get a few guys and do just pressing receivers, and welding rails is very doable in a day.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:46:11 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Who was it that sent me an IM a while back asking about using the SCR receiver jig?...

If you clowns could get it organized, I have vacation in March, May , and October this year. You could do a road trip down this way and bend your receiver flats. Honestly it takes too long to get a bunch of people together for a one day event and try and Demill, and do receivers, but to get a few guys and do just pressing receivers, and welding rails is very doable in a day.

Right on!
I havn't built an AK yet, but isn't bending the flat and spot welding the rails the hardest part?
Do you have a 110 volt welder?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:50:19 AM EDT
[#7]
I, too, have a couple of flats to build and a romy to pull apart. If ya'll ever get adate, LMK. my schedule doesn't allow me more than a few days notice. Hey, Josh, if ya still have my number, call. Or IM. Or EM. Or Western Union. Or semafore. Or flares. yeah, flares'll do it!
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 10:51:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Right on!
I havn't built an AK yet, but isn't bending the flat and spot welding the rails the hardest part?
Do you have a 110 volt welder?

I dont know about the hardest, but the most time consuming, and yes the spot welder is also here.
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 3:01:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I just need a way to do the smaller rivets.  Waiting on a rivet set and a 1 ton arbor press for the rest of it.

I bought a DCI reciever for my polish underfolder kit, so I don't need a flat bent or welded or any of that stuff.

Simple measure, layout, and drilling of rhte forward trunion, riveting it, and then pressing in the barrel and the rest is gravy.

I'm interested in getting together to do a build party type thing.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:12:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I plan on buying 100% recievers so all I have to do is demil and rivet. I just don't want to invest $500 or more in high quality build equipment if we can pool together to save us all some money.
Link Posted: 1/3/2007 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#11]
My reciever is as close to 100% as they can make it.  You will need to press out the barrel to properly demill, and you will still have to measure, layout, and drill the rivet holes for the forward trunion.

You're pretty much in the same boat I am.

Link Posted: 1/3/2007 7:47:50 PM EDT
[#12]
I've got the press.  I've got a pair of bolt-cutters that I need to make into a rivet-tool too...

Have some tools - will travel  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top