Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/30/2006 11:50:39 PM EDT

Picture is worth a thousand words.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:00:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What on gawds green earth is that on your glock?

and an m1 carbine?...

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:03:48 AM EDT
[#2]
You havnt seen it with the Novesky Krink with the flaming pig on it.

or with the 5.5inch XM177

I did it in part because I needed a thread protector and to piss off every liberal I know. ( especially with the krink)

ETA:
Krink is not avalible at this time.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:07:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#4]

The Standard Infantry Rifle was the firearm that was designed specifically for combat against the undead by the US Army. It featured a wooden stock and casing (composite materials were difficult to manufacture during the war) and could operate only in semi-automatic mode. Although heavy, the weapon was favored for its extreme reliability (according to one soldier, during a battle in Hope, NM, over 20,000 zombies were killed without a single weapon jam). The weapon also was fitted with a bayonet that was more of a pointed blade end rather than a typical bayonet design, which allowed it to be used in CQB whenever the Lobo wasn't at the ready. The SIR also came with a conversion kit with spare parts and with different barrels varying from a long range sniper's barrel, to mid-range, right down to a short close-combat carbine barrel. It fired a special incendiary round chambered in 5.56 NATO known as the "Cherry PIE" which would literally burn the brain when it hit the head.

Gotta love it!

Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:52:33 AM EDT
[#5]
RNFP's is NOT the choice ammo for the undead, The undead don't really care how much noise you make,  and exactly what is the content of that tome? 87 pages dedicated to "Shoot 'em in the head"<repeat as necessary>....?

ETA-

It fired a special incendiary round chambered in 5.56 NATO known as the "Cherry PIE" which would literally burn the brain when it hit the head.

THAT'S Effin funny...I don't care who you are!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 6:56:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
RNFP's is NOT the choice ammo for the undead, The undead don't really care how much noise you make,  and exactly what is the content of that tome? 87 pages dedicated to "Shoot 'em in the head"<repeat as necessary>....?

It is far more detailed. It covers preparations and tactics, as well. No BFV should be without one.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 7:42:42 AM EDT
[#7]
I DLed a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide and was totally underwhelmed. His lack of knowledge concerning firearms, tactics, gear, etc. ruined the whole thing for me. The amount of ammo he advocates having is laughable.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:36:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I DLed a copy of The Zombie Survival Guide and was totally underwhelmed. His lack of knowledge concerning firearms, tactics, gear, etc. ruined the whole thing for me. The amount of ammo he advocates having is laughable.

But that is because you are getting ready to take on human, when the end of the world will be done by the undead.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 9:09:45 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Of course you are more knowledgable. You know far better than the book about exactly what you need.

We all do, I'm sure we all have more ammo than the book recommends, that is why we'll survive.

Just the same, the book is a good place to start. Most people would consider the book extreme, while we look at his recommendations as minimal.

Zombie Attack!
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 11:26:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Thre is something about

rifle + 500 rounds
shotgun + 250 rds
pistol +250rds

I keep that many rounds with me nearly at all times.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#11]

Ain't shit unless you have a 33 round mag in the well....
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 2:18:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
i22.photobucket.com/albums/b326/Getnlwr/GUNS/100_0365.jpg

Ain't shit unless you have a 33 round mag in the well....[/quoI have the 29 rd mag, and it doesnt work for shit. JAM-O-MATIC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top