Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/29/2006 5:46:27 PM EDT
I traveled over Snoqualmie Pass this afternoon about 1:30 or so. Yes it was snowing, not terribly unusual for this time of year. It was fun to watch the motorcylces try to negoitate their way around stalled cars, and semi's. In about 1 mile of road (heading east) prior to the summit was probably a dozen tractor trailer rigs and about 50 cars stopped. On top of that were the front wheel drive cars (with poor tires, no tread) that were struggling to go anywhere at all...

Now I was driving a Chev 3/4 ton diesel 4 wheel drive and did not even slip once...I guess this little snow event caught most off guard. Even the DOT, snow was sticking to the roadway. Obviously, no de-icer was applied. I got through before most WSP cars showed up. It was entertaining, however, I do regret not stopping to help some ladies put thier chains on.    Next time.  Be prepared for snow.  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:51:34 PM EDT
[#1]
I went out hunting day before yesterday, and today my hunting area is snow.

I want it to dump!...Then Im putting on my Snow shoes and going after the Coyotes.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:54:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I was thinking the same thing...Coyotes in the snow, just too much fun  
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:18:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Happens every year. First snow tells you whether you spent your tire money wisely.

Hint: the wider the tire, the more it sucks in snow.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:44:04 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Happens every year. First snow tells you whether you spent your tire money wisely.

So wat u gonna do wit da bling-bling 21 inch spinner slicks u gots on ur Ranger?
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:56:50 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So wat u gonna do wit da bling-bling 21 inch spinner slicks u gots on ur Ranger?

Stay out o' da sno, yo!
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 7:33:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:01:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay out o' da sno, yo!

I gave you a brand new set of cable-chains!...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:07:52 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

you should try driving with wide super swampers and a welded rear end in a pickup. Sometimes not even 4x4 will keep the rear end from trying to become the front end
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:33:46 PM EDT
[#9]
I drove 90 miles during the east coast blizzard of '92 just to drink beer and spend the night at a girls dorm at Gannon University. I only hit the guard rail once. The trick is to bounce off and keep going without panic.

I have seen Snoqualmie Pass in similar conditions. In fact I like to drive out there just to get to drive in snow. There is probably only a slightly smaller number of idiots off the side of the road, on Interstate 79 as on Interstate 90 during snow storms, and those folks see snow quite a bit more regularly.

I love driving in snow. Ice I don't like so much but it can be fun too.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Worste road conditions ever were last year in Portland, rain on top of ice, slippery is so inadiquate a term.

Link Posted: 10/29/2006 11:08:27 PM EDT
[#11]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

Stay out o' da sno, yo!

KA3B - I said yes to the spinners.  I didn't say nothin' about slicks!  No slicks!  That's my husband, the geriatric, not one of your drift-racers.

Hell yeah Da Bunny will "stay out o' da sno yo!"  It will be a perfect excuse to get ME to drive him around in the Forester instead.

I shouldn't have to be telling y'all this shit.  You oughta know him well enough by now to figure it out for yourselves.

£a Bunny
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 12:17:45 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Stay out o' da sno, yo!

KA3B - I said yes to the spinners.  I didn't say nothin' about slicks!  No slicks!  That's my husband, the geriatric, not one of your drift-racers.

Hell yeah Da Bunny will "stay out o' da sno yo!"  It will be a perfect excuse to get ME to drive him around in the Forester instead.

I shouldn't have to be telling y'all this shit.  You oughta know him well enough by now to figure it out for yourselves.

£a Bunny

you still owe me for babysitting....
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 10:04:10 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Next time.  Be prepared for snow.  

Transfer case shifter: Check.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top