Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2006 11:14:39 AM EDT
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:44:33 AM EDT
[#1]
I heard anibuse gives you the shits... Are you typing on a lappy while sitting on the toilet?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 11:47:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Seems like we have quite the anal theme in here... Like a bunch of poo-flingin monkeys
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 2:52:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Serves you right.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 8:52:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't go blaming your weakness on drugs, if you haven't had a drop, you wouldn't have felt any results from Antabuse.

Under normal metabolism, alcohol is broken down in the liver by the enzyme alcohol dehydrogenase to acetaldehyde, which is then converted by the enzyme acetaldehyde dehydrogenase to the harmless acetic acid. Disulfiram blocks this reaction at the intermediate stage by blocking the enzyme acetaldehyde dehydrogenase. After alcohol intake under the influence of disulfiram, the concentration of acetaldehyde in the blood may be 5 to 10 times higher than that found during metabolism of the same amount of alcohol alone. As acetaldehyde is one of the major causes of the symptoms of a "hangover" this produces immediate and severe negative reaction to alcohol intake. Some 5-10 minutes after alcohol intake, the patient may experience the effects of a severe hangover for a period of 30 minutes up to several hours. Symptoms include a body rash, accelerated heart rate, shortness of breath, nausea, and vomiting.

Whew!  Lotsa big words in there!  I think I need a drink...
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 1:36:51 PM EDT
[#5]
So you can go right to the hangover and bypass the good time?  Why didn't I ever think of that...
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:16:34 PM EDT
[#6]
ROOKIE!!!

On a brighter note, the call I received from OdT last night tells me the 8 day hangover is....OVER.
Link Posted: 10/30/2006 4:19:42 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 1:26:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
not funny anymore

woke up with chills and burps and now puking on the hour. thermostat says 81 and I'm tripled up in clothes freezin my sack off. stomach looks like i swallowed a basketball

back on the wagon

ugh

Well, you *ARE* pretty old these days.

What are you, damn near Phil_in_Seattle, Gibby and 2WhiskeyP's age now?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top