Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/9/2006 8:19:59 PM EDT
Went to Strat's place with R-32, EOP, Da_Bunny and a friend of R-32's to check function of an E(non-painted)R.

Shot a few rounds through an AR I tossed together (yet again ), shot EOP's first AR, nice little 16 inch fluted CAR, shot an AK with a commie scope (bleech) and some tomato steak commie bolt gun.

I picked up a few pointers from Strat, plus helped out EOP (practice practice practice...ammo ammo ammo) with his target shooting.

I should have brought along the scoped AR.

Next time.  

Thanks Strat!
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:32:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Here here! That was a great time. Love the EOtech.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for coming by, enjoyed all the fine company.

It is so encouraging to watch new folks build their own rifles, at this rate there will never be enough trucks to haul away all the rifles in east sno-county alone, silly NG you will never get them all.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:39:05 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It is so encouraging to watch new folks build their own rifles, at this rate there will never be enough trucks to haul away all the rifles in east sno-county alone, silly NG you will never get them all.

We don't need to get the guns when it all goes NB or C
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:42:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We don't need to get the guns when it all goes NB or C

We are ready, give it your best shot.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:43:20 PM EDT
[#5]
P.S. That Tomato stake is a 9130 Mosin Nagant and its a l hoot to shoot. Cheap ammo too. And lots of it.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:53:22 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
P.S. That Tomato stake is a 9130 Mosin Nagant and its a l hoot to shoot. Cheap ammo too. And lots of it.

They are fun, for the power it packs it's recoil is low.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:30:06 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Is the noise/flash less than the 44's or 38/39's?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:42:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

EOP has a sling on his but it is NOT even needed, the carbine kick like a mule and you really need the slings with them.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:44:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
EOP has a sling on his but it is NOT even needed, the carbine kick like a mule and you really need the slings with them.

It's always fun trying to support the weight of the rifle and the weight of the 50 lbs of ammo hanging off the sling when shooting it.  
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's always fun trying to support the weight of the rifle and the weight of the 50 lbs of ammo hanging off the sling when shooting it.  

Those pouches do need to come off the sling,
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:53:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm thinking that the extra (8") of bbl tends to burn of slightly more propellant, reducing the noise/flash signature.

Actually I've never used the sling on my 44, but I do "use" the recoil when operating the bolt w/ my right hand to help position the rifle upward as my left brings it down to cycle the bolt.

ETA-

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh....yeah. Unless that's some kind of Soviet-era training to reduce muzzle flip I haven't heard of?
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 10:18:13 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Where do you think the concept of the buttstock ammo pouch came from?

Honestly, I did that and he just never took it apart after I gave it to him. On my "lend/lease" rifle's I do that to keep everything as one unit. I can hand my unprepared neighbor/friend/family member  a rifle that has ammo pouches, cleaning kit, and basic load of ammo without having to hunt around for everything.

I did have a good time today, It sounds like we had a better time then the LCR crew did, that is for sure...

I just wanted you all to know, I would have bought Pizza, but little Joey dont like ALFY's.

Thanks to KA3B for a smokeing deal on a upper receiver setup,( I may actually get a AR one day)  and once again to STRAT for the use of the range, I wish I could have stuck around a bit longer.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 7:48:55 AM EDT
[#13]
That trip to Strats cost me dinner when I got home. There were seven missed calls on the cell phone I left in the car.

Tumbleweed and Gibby delivered the brass last night, though...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:27:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
That trip to Strats cost me dinner when I got home. There were seven missed calls on the cell phone I left in the car.

Tumbleweed and Gibby delivered the brass last night, though...

They did some shooting at the Lewis County Rave?...
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:55:29 AM EDT
[#15]
I shot 60 rounds on Friday.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:32:59 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They did some shooting at the Lewis County Rave?...

150 rnds. I'm saving ammo

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 11:57:53 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Did you miss one 'Weeds?  
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:08:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Did you miss one 'Weeds?  

I managed to keep the cookies intact, though the stomach acid in the windpipe coughing fit thing freaked Gibby the f*ck out since I was pointed in his direction
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Did you miss one 'Weeds?  

I managed to keep the cookies intact, though the stomach acid in the windpipe coughing fit thing freaked Gibby the f*ck out since I was pointed in his direction

Ya mean that Gibby did not go looking for better room and board like last time?..

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:19:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pussy.

I wish I had a video of you fighting with it.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:31:10 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pussy.

Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:39:27 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Pussy.

I wish I had a video of you fighting with it.

You're lucky that I didn't cut the fucker off.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:47:05 PM EDT
[#23]
I really would have been disappointed if you wouldn't have come back with that.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 9:59:15 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I really would have been disappointed if you wouldn't have come back with that.

So have you fixed the sling yet ?
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 10:02:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Of course not, it's too nostalgic and r32 would be bummed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top