Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/5/2006 2:19:15 PM EDT
For those of you that are new-ish to the WA HTF, I'd like to share with you why we don't automatically share our shooting locations with you:

1. We don't know you.  Are you someone who will go to the pit and trash it and get it closed?
2. We don't know you.  Are you an anti Gunner that is going to film our shoots and try and use it against us?
3. We don't know you.  
4. We don't know who else is reading this, who could be any of the above.

Or

We're assholes and R-32 is our leader.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:41:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm still waiting for directions and I've been a member for over 4 years
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:48:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 2:54:39 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Thank you, thankyou!....

I really Could have done it all without all of you.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:05:32 PM EDT
[#4]
Hey, we (meaning us NooB's) don't know you, either.  Life's a crapshoot.

I could IM you a copy of my CWP, with the personal info "redacted", but that could come from anywhere, right?  NRA membership card or number?  Same problem.

Aside from having a SW WA area ARFCOM "Meet & Greet" for those of us in the old country, I don't see a whole lot of other ways to pull something like that off, but for an LCR type of event.  Also, what do you have to fear from an anti-gunner filming the shoot?  Will there be illegal acitivites?  I didn't think so, it's still legal to own and shoot firearms, and from what I've seen, this group does it a hell of a lot more responsibly than the average forest user, you know, drive in, roll the car window down, shoot 500 rounds into a tree, dump a week's worth of trash from 3 homes, and speed off type forest user.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:19:14 PM EDT
[#5]
I for one, do not want to see one of our shoots leading the news report while railing for a statewide "assault weapon ban that actually works"
How do you think  footage of one of us bumfiring a full mag would look on the news or in the brady bunch's hands?????
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 3:30:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I for one, do not want to see one of our shoots leading the news report while railing for a statewide "assault weapon ban that actually works"
How do you think  footage of one of us bumpfiring a full mag would look on the news or in the brady bunch's hands?????

I understand what you are saying.  If you are worried about it being used against you/your hobby or rights/your girlfriends parents willl think you are a bad guy if they see you do that/etc., than in my mind, don't do it in public where you might be seen/recorded.  Out in the woods on public property, is well, in public, right?

We may not all see eye to eye with what I just said, or it may not make sense to you.  I personally don't feel that bumpfiring is a responsible way to fire a gun.  I will not hold it against you if you decide to that, I will not tape it or photograph it and paste it all over creation, just let me know so I am not standing right next to you when you do it.  Aside from all that crap, no big deal for me.  Really.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
How do you think  footage of one of us bumfiring a full mag would look on the news or in the brady bunch's hands?????

I've have also heard that Federal LEO's have attended past LCR's

Man...That's just spooky........
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:42:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Huh? You don't invite LEOs? LEOs should -always- be invited, they make other shooters look good.
If you have trouble finding some to ask, just speak with any WAC director at the next show, we can always point a few out.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 4:59:27 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who could it be?

(I still wear my CBP shirt every time I travel )
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 5:15:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey, we (meaning us NooB's) don't know you, either.  Life's a crapshoot.

I could IM you a copy of my CWP, with the personal info "redacted", but that could come from anywhere, right?  NRA membership card or number?  Same problem.

Aside from having a SW WA area ARFCOM "Meet & Greet" for those of us in the old country, I don't see a whole lot of other ways to pull something like that off, but for an LCR type of event.  Also, what do you have to fear from an anti-gunner filming the shoot?  Will there be illegal acitivites?  I didn't think so, it's still legal to own and shoot firearms, and from what I've seen, this group does it a hell of a lot more responsibly than the average forest user, you know, drive in, roll the car window down, shoot 500 rounds into a tree, dump a week's worth of trash from 3 homes, and speed off type forest user.

I think your are probably not on the same page as PCR on this one. The shoot is for any Arfcommers that want to show up and it IS the meet and greet. The directions to the shoot location have NOT beed posted so just anyone can just show up. They meet up and drive in with the "Newbies" to the shoot. I don't think anyone was saying that you are not to be trusted or anyone is any better than anyone else. Its simple if you want to go to the shoot and don't know the way then make the park and ride at the appropriate time/times. If that is to much to handle then maybe convoy with someone from down your way? Hell some guys have even posted I need a ride threads and made the shoots. If you can't make the time/times that someone might be able to meet up with and you can't convoy with someone then you probably don't really want to go to begin with. After the first trip you know where its at and chances are you met a bunch of guys and a couple assholes like myself. Try it you will like it...

If you have to ask why the media isn't invited then it isn't even worth the argument.

Quoted:I've have also heard that Federal LEO's have attended past LCR's

Spooky??

With all do respect what the hell is that all about??

If you have something to hide it should scare you.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

He's just there to subvert the militia.

Somebody needs to wear camouflage. We just aren't keeping up our image.

I'm just disappointed I can't find a Purple & Gold tactical vest.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:06:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you could always use that pink vest that goes with your pink pistol
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:09:23 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last LCR I went to, there were two decked out in head to toe Cammo.

I did go through mine last week to see what was worth keeping. (man I have a lot of crap leftover, but nothing styleish enough for an LCR type shoot.)
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Where is the pit again? I have three weeks worth of trash we can shoot.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 6:23:14 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Where is the pit again? I have three weeks worth of trash we can shoot.

Thank you for your support.

VVVVVVVVVV
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 8:07:55 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I think your are probably not on the same page as PCR on this one. The shoot is for any Arfcommers that want to show up and it IS the meet and greet. The directions to the shoot location have NOT beed posted so just anyone can just show up.

I never asked for, or wanted, the location posted in the wild. I understand why.

They meet up and drive in with the "Newbies" to the shoot. I don't think anyone was saying that you are not to be trusted or anyone is any better than anyone else.[/]quote]
I think that is a small part of what was impliped (who are you really, what are your real intenions), but it will take a lot more than that to offend me.

Its simple if you want to go to the shoot and don't know the way then make the park and ride at the appropriate time/times.

I am too much of a transportation loner to deal with that idea.

If you can't make the time/times that someone might be able to meet up with and you can't convoy with someone then you probably don't really want to go to begin with.

Try it you will like it...

This is me, trying to get there to like it, but not eveyone can fit under the terms you spelled out.

If you have to ask why the media isn't invited then it isn't even worth the argument.

That is called a real "no shitt-er" around my neck of the woods.  Yours too, probably.

You all have permission to shoot me if I bring a camera crew with me that doesn't pile out of a van with the NRA logo all over the side of it.

Now, if you want to see some possible ammunition for the anti's, it's already freely available, idiots are putting the stuff out in the wild all the time.  Google Video Search for "Bump Fire"  I had nothing to do with any of it.
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I think that is a small part of what was impliped (who are you really, what are your real intenions), but it will take a lot more than that to offend me.
Appearantly not...

I am too much of a transportation loner to deal with that idea.
Following someone to a unknown location is to much??

This is me, trying to get there to like it, but not eveyone can fit under the terms you spelled out.
There are no terms except meet up to go in first time around...Why does this seem so difficult??

That is called a real "no shitt-er" around my neck of the woods.  Yours too, probably.
We live in the same neck of the woods. Ever think about posting anyone headed up on such and such date time??

You are taking this way to personal...

ETA Example www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=228752
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
For those of you that are new-ish to the WA HTF, I'd like to share with you why we don't automatically share our shooting locations with you:

1. We don't know you.  Are you someone who will go to the pit and trash it and get it closed?
2. We don't know you.  Are you an anti Gunner that is going to film our shoots and try and use it against us?
3. We don't know you.  
4. We don't know who else is reading this, who could be any of the above.

Or

I refer you to:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=228473

...and the comments:

Quoted:

Quoted:
THEY will participate in the preservation of their 'privilige' to shoot there, or they won't shoot there when WE ARE THERE.

Not to piss in your cheerieos, but how do you think you are going to enforce that?
I'd pay money to be there and see you confront unknown people shooting at the same pit and try to pull this off.
...and, my favorite ---
Or are you a paper tiger and only like this on the internet?
Chris

Quoted:
OK.  Never mind.  My Cheerios are pissed on.

Looks to me like we have more than ONE PROBLEM.
Wish I could say I was , but I'm not.

Between the bunch of us, we can't hold a plan together;
keep the place clean;
know who's WHO;
feel strongly enough about making a case for range safety with strangers;
be aware and alert enough to assert our 'GROUP STRENGTH';
we're constantly outnumbered by UNSAFE STRANGERS...who don't help clean the place up!

Somewhere between my Paper Tiger and Internet ToughGuy lie the answers to these shortcomings.

Link Posted: 4/5/2006 9:36:47 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thank you, thankyou!....

I really Could have done it all without all of you.

WHATever
Link Posted: 4/5/2006 11:37:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
We live in the same neck of the woods. Ever think about posting anyone headed up on such and such date time??

Because I have no idea when I will be leaving, if at all.  None.  I just want to know where I'm going, if I can.  if that is too much to ask, then so be it. You folks won't miss anything by not seeing me there, believe me.

You are taking this way to personal...

You seem to enjoy telling me how I should feel.  I love it when folks that don't know me know how I feel.  How long have you known you were an emphath?

ETA Example www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=228752

That's for Friday.  I'm trying for Saturday.  If I knew more about how things will go down for me on Saturday, I'd start a topic to figure it out.  Thanks anyways.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:27:24 AM EDT
[#21]
I (clawist92) wish I'd seen the original post:
------------------------
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=15&t=228473

...and the comments:
Quoted:
Quoted:
THEY will participate in the preservation of their 'privilige' to shoot there, or they won't shoot there when WE ARE THERE.

Not to piss in your cheerieos, but how do you think you are going to enforce that?
I'd pay money to be there and see you confront unknown people shooting at the same pit and try to pull this off.
...and, my favorite ---
Or are you a paper tiger and only like this on the internet?
Chris
--------------------
What I tell the newbies in all my basic nra classes is: you politely ask the person to stop doing the dangerous thing, if they want to hear it you explain why it's dangerous and if they don't stop you remove yourself and your stuff to a distance beyond which their ammunition cannot travel.

-Easy-. Same technique for media. Sure, it sucks to have to come back and shoot another day but you absolutely control who films you doing what and who you shoot with. If losers show up you simply revert to "plan b" at the local bar for that day. Not a bad thing overall.

Also, fwiw if you tell a news guy (preferably while he's filming) that you do not give permission to film 80% of them will go away. For the 20% of the blow dries (probly not the camera person) who want to argue "public property" you might tell them your AFTRA steward needs a waiver from them or... there's plan B.  -Boyd
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:33:01 AM EDT
[#22]
Ok, OK, lets not all get our spiderman underoos stuffed up our asses.  NOBODY is making any judgements on anyone else.  Was just trying to give a basic overview to those not in the know about WHY we don't post pit locations publicly.

Take a look at the GF pit if you want to know why we don't want the public to know where we shoot.

Ceasefire, Friends of the Trail, and others can make ANYTHING we do at the LCR look bad.

It's not like we're going to meet you at the Park N' Ride, blindfold you and drive you to the pit.  You'll be able to figure out how to get there pretty easy after your first time up.  

I'm also pretty sure that offers have been made to guide up those who are showing up "off schedule".

Understand, that we are taking the same precautions with you that we would  expect you to take with us.  Before my first LCR, I was VERY paranoid about what kind of people were going to be at the LCR, so I went to a couple of get togethers to meet these idiots before I actually went to a shoot.  We'd like to meet you (if only at the Park N' Ride) before we introduce you to the sheep bring you up to the pit.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:39:56 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Ok, OK, lets not all get our spiderman underoos stuffed up our asses.  NOBODY is making any judgements on anyone else.  Was just trying to give a basic overview to those not in the know about WHY we don't post pit locations publicly.

Take a look at the GF pit if you want to know why we don't want the public to know where we shoot.

Ceasefire, Friends of the Trail, and others can make ANYTHING we do at the LCR look bad.

It's not like we're going to meet you at the Park N' Ride, blindfold you and drive you to the pit.  You'll be able to figure out how to get there pretty easy after your first time up.  
I'm also pretty sure that offers have been made to guide up those who are showing up "off schedule".

Understand, that we are taking the same precautions with you that we would  expect you to take with us.  Before my first LCR, I was VERY paranoid about what kind of people were going to be at the LCR, so I went to a couple of get togethers to meet these idiots before I actually went to a shoot.  We'd like to meet you (if only at the Park N' Ride) before we introduce you to the sheep bring you up to the pit.

It gets easier the more you go up there, but it's still not "easy" after the first time....trust me
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:01:49 AM EDT
[#24]
I don't trust any of you guys.  I know you are all out to get me.  I hear you talk about it all the time.  Some of you get in the walls.  Some are in my closet.  I really wish nmost of you freaks would just come out of the closet....

where did I put my rifle
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 10:29:07 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Ok, OK, lets not all get our spiderman underoos stuffed up our asses.

I keep forgetting to shut off my web cam at night.  "Scuse me while I whip this out!

Just to be clear, I don't have any problems with how the established group wants to handle this.  It makes sense to me.  I have stated my resaons for wanting to try it another way.  If it doesn't work, then it doesn't.  There will be other days.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:02:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Besides the LCR and GirlFriend shoots are there any other regular WA HTF shoots or shooting locations?  

With the recent sunny weather, I'm starting to get an itch to break in some of my new toys I got over the winter.

I don't mind waiting until someone sets up a shoot to learn the actual location, as I agree in not broadcasting the locations on the web.

Are there any safe places along I-90 or have they all been shut down?

Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:36:27 PM EDT
[#27]
It will take some research on my part, but I'm trying to find a suitable place for a camp-n-shoot in SW WA.  If anyone knows of a suitable place, not so close to populated areas that would work for this, please let me know.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Besides the LCR and GirlFriend shoots are there any other regular WA HTF shoots or shooting locations?  

With the recent sunny weather, I'm starting to get an itch to break in some of my new toys I got over the winter.

I don't mind waiting until someone sets up a shoot to learn the actual location, as I agree in not broadcasting the locations on the web.

There have been shoots near Olympia, Spokane, and Tri-Cities. Westside I-90 doesn't look good.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 5:06:30 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 8:07:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you coming this weekend?

Actually...I'm going to have to wait until a future shoot as I'm finishing the install of a lift in my land cruiser.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 3:42:49 AM EDT
[#31]
It figures the gun show is this weekend and you guys will probably have a shoot. I'll be stuck in a classroom taking an NRA personal protection class all weekend.
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 6:37:31 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
It figures the gun show is this weekend and you guys will probably have a shoot. I'll be stuck in a classroom taking an NRA personal protection class all weekend.

This isn't A shoot it is one of THE shoots that we do 4 times a year.  NRA classes come and go, the LCR is forever!
Link Posted: 4/7/2006 12:42:52 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Last LCR I went to, there were two decked out in head to toe Cammo.

I did go through mine last week to see what was worth keeping. (man I have a lot of crap leftover, but nothing styleish enough for an LCR type shoot.)

Haha. I think someone needs to show up in some ACU's. They blend in with the woods very well.  A couple Christmas's back I was up at SVRC and there was kid right out of basic wearing his bdus, lce, and black beret. I got a good laugh out of that.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 9:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
...Haha. I think someone needs to show up in some ACU's. They blend in with the woods very well.  ...

Been there done that...you missed it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top