Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2006 6:36:37 AM EDT
Hello all,
I received an e-mail from Tweak's mother and he has requested that Dolly accompany his oldest daughter (my granddaughter) out here on June 22 for 2 weeks.  He would like photos of Dolly at all the memorials posted for you folks.

I hope Dolly is not already dated up for that time period.

Unfortunately the last time I saw Dolly at his house she was quite rumpled and deflated.  1GR????
I will do what I can to resize those photos and post in another thread later in July.

Since we will probably be over there most of the day or 2, we will make time for some special requests.

I know it's a little early, but you have some time to think.
Any special requests?  A heroes name (or more) rubbing from the the Vietnam Veterans Memorial?
                                  I hope you don't know more than 1, thankfully I only know 1.  Some you do.
                                  Want us to leave something at the wall in remembrance?
                                  A picture of a special feature at any of the memorials?
                                   I can e-mail full size pictures of the rubbings, etc., if you want.
                                  NO! I won't pose naked, you will be blinded for life.
A little Google will show you what is available around here, I think all branches are represented.

9Millie can collect anything you want to send, remember MSTWEAK is a 15 year old girl.  Hopefully it will go into 1 bag.

Please respond to my e-mail, [email protected], and I will start a special file.  Any items to be sent, please put a tag on it or in an envelope, with the heroes name.  No explanations necessary.  If you want a photo back, include your e-mail address.  Please write clearly, because about 1/2 way down the wall something gets in my eye every dang time.  I hate DC.
If you would rather do it more privately, IM me and I will send you my snail mail address.

Plans are to take a photo of Dolly at the memorials with MSTWEAK, then a photo of gathering a name, etc., then a photo of the memento at the base of the wall, or wherever, with the rubbing.  We will include the location of the name if you do not know it.

I hope I can keep it all straight.

By the by, Tweak is doing well, working in the laundry for a wopping 28 cents an hour.  Says the worst day there is better than the best day in the Army.  Lost some weight, grown a mustache and a lip beard.

Y'all be well and I will be around
Just Tweak's pop
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 7:32:31 AM EDT
[#2]
I for one wouldn't mind seeing a flaming liberal politician (preferably national-level) going wrist-deep inside Dolly.  Keep in mind many, many, many strange things have been in there.  If that hole smells like six year old beer. . . well, that's because beer's been there a few times over the past six years.

Two years ago, I found a USS Rodney M. Davis antenna ball in Dolly.  Those balls were given out on 5 May 1998.  Ecch.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 8:38:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:28:03 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just don't post pics of her half sister...................

Ummm, yeah, I have been peeking in once in awhile and am pretty much up to speed.
Thanks for the warning tho.  Looks like a minefield to me.

Quoted:
Not I....Pappa's got a brand new bag.

Congrats, and I hope she? doesn't read this forum to see what kind of names are being used.  I know the other times you were just helping Dolly over the fence.  Never could understand how her hindlegs got stuck in your boot tops tho.  
I know Rob will be glad to see you when you get approved for visitation.

Quoted:
I for one wouldn't mind seeing a flaming liberal politician (preferably national-level) going wrist-deep inside Dolly.  Keep in mind many, many, many strange things have been in there.  If that hole smells like six year old beer. . . well, that's because beer's been there a few times over the past six years.

Two years ago, I found a USS Rodney M. Davis antenna ball in Dolly.  Those balls were given out on 5 May 1998.  Ecch.

z,

EWE!!  You must have gone deep for that one big boy!  I never plan on getting that familiar with a WAHTF icon.  Maybe I better super glue it shut before everything falls out.
I'm afraid your dream will have to wait for your visit.  If I saw one I would probably be wrist deep in him/her.
I forgot to add to the original post, I will mail the name rubbings (I don't know what else to call it) if requested.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 10:33:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just don't post pics of her half sister...................

Ummm, yeah, I have been peeking in once in awhile and am pretty much up to speed.
Thanks for the warning tho.  Looks like a minefield to me.

Quoted:
Not I....Pappa's got a brand new bag.

Congrats, and I hope she? doesn't read this forum to see what kind of names are being used.  I know the other times you were just helping Dolly over the fence.  Never could understand how her hindlegs got stuck in your boot tops tho.  
I know Rob will be glad to see you when you get approved for visitation.

Quoted:

z,

EWE!!  You must have gone deep for that one big boy!  I never plan on getting that familiar with a WAHTF icon.  Maybe I better super glue it shut before everything falls out.
I'm afraid your dream will have to wait for your visit.  If I saw one I would probably be wrist deep in him/her.
I forgot to add to the original post, I will mail the name rubbings (I don't know what else to call it) if requested.

Oh and no mention or pictures of a certain cookie either.

Great to hear from you again.
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 12:15:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Oh and no mention or pictures of a certain cookie either.

What?!?

How come you cannot mention Lorna Doone?

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top