Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/3/2006 4:22:55 PM EDT
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Just shoot the damn things and be done with it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Just shoot the damn things and be done with it.

They are unfortunatly protected..

Shouldn't be protected when they swim that far up river.

The dam is about a 30 minute drive from my place, go up there a lot to see friends mostly. Sea Lions have been thicker than flies on bullshit. Population is pretty much unchecked, especially since they are protected.

If it wasn't a felony punishable by years in prison, I think there'd be a lot of dead sea lions by now. And these things are HUGE as well.

You know, from Hamilton Mountain, I bet a .50 BMG would take out a sea lion... At least, the last time I was up there it was a nice clear view of the Dam

ETA:

There is NOTHING that the beaucrats on this side of the river can or will do about it...

Not to mention, both Patty Murray and Maria Cantwell are both tree hugging hippy liberals.
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#4]
Commercial fisherman and Idians have been using the 30.06 for years, place the round right it is quick and efficient.

The news showed guys with 12 gauge bird guns and slugs taking them out from a small boat.

Some fedcoats look a lot like sea-lions be careful to ID your target
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 4/3/2006 10:41:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Buddy of mine lost a nice fish on Sat on the Columbia to one.  Suppressed 10/22 might work well.

I thought it was lawful for Aboriginal Americans to hunt them ? why can't they go little bighorn on their stinking hides ? is it no in their interest as well ?
Link Posted: 4/4/2006 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#7]
F#%@ing FB's.....don't get me started !petagunner, pm me your dads name, as I've been a Washington fishing guide since 1988.
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 9:24:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 4:46:02 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
"Because they're so cute," says tourist Kristin Zubel. "They're not hurting anybody and there should be plenty of fish to go around."

Cute?  Not hurting anyone?  Up close, when you have their food in your hands, they are vicious.  They have tried to bite my hand while fishing the Columbia and trying to get an undersized sturgeon shaken off the hook.  Tell Kristen Zubel I said "Nuke the bastards".
Link Posted: 4/6/2006 7:47:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Remember Herchel? That damn thing was trapped several times and shipped to California only to be back at the locks in three days. I say kill the damn things. Keep killing them till there are no more at the dam. It's not like there is a shortage of sea lions.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top